Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

2 hours ago, GMOTR said:

Looking for 1 adult ticket. Signed up to twickets but keep missing them 👎 couldn't afford a ticket at the time but have been every year the last 10 years and would love to go again 

@fanticksfeed on twitter are the official reseller and there’s loads going up at the moment

On 7/19/2022 at 12:07 PM, Fish Bulb said:

Just saw that the hot tubs have gone on sale. They weren't available when we went last year due to Covid. Anyone done this before? Would you recommend? Ta

Not tried them myself but they looked like really good fun in 2019 if you don't mind that you're visible to anyone walking past.

19 hours ago, czuk said:

Not tried them myself but they looked like really good fun in 2019 if you don't mind that you're visible to anyone walking past.

Thanks, we've gone ahead and booked the double decker bus one. Sure it'll be good (if just for the shower that's included!)

39 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Thanks, we've gone ahead and booked the double decker bus one. Sure it'll be good (if just for the shower that's included!)

Not seen the double decker bus before, that looks awesome, enjoy.

I cannot make heads nor tails of this story:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/jul/22/green-man-festival-owners-accused-endangering-protected-habitats-usk-valley-wales-

So the government have gone out and purchased a farm on the off chance a multi national festival company tries to take Green Man elsewhere but Green Man have said the festival isn't moving and it will stay a working farm...oh and there is a business plan somewhere but no one can talk about it. 

2 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

I cannot make heads nor tails of this story:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/jul/22/green-man-festival-owners-accused-endangering-protected-habitats-usk-valley-wales-

So the government have gone out and purchased a farm on the off chance a multi national festival company tries to take Green Man elsewhere but Green Man have said the festival isn't moving and it will stay a working farm...oh and there is a business plan somewhere but no one can talk about it. 

I thought it was perfectly clear - there is no intent to move the festival to a new site:

"There is no question of the festival moving to Gilestone Farm; instead it will be used to hold two or three smaller events up to 3,000-strong, as well as regenerative farming, a brewery and climate-focused work."

And the Welsh government is securing the future of the festival in Wales to pre-empt any future possibility of a buy in by Melvin Benn. 

Commercially sensitive business plans are never made public.

This looks to be GM expanding the community work it does and the Welsh government securing the future of the festival.

After last year's festival,  GM talked about off site campervan fields with a shuttle bus - much the  same as Bath & West at Glastonbury - this could presumably be used for that.

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

I thought it was perfectly clear - there is no intent to move the festival to a new site:

"There is no question of the festival moving to Gilestone Farm; instead it will be used to hold two or three smaller events up to 3,000-strong, as well as regenerative farming, a brewery and climate-focused work."

And the Welsh government is securing the future of the festival in Wales to pre-empt any future possibility of a buy in by Melvin Benn. 

Commercially sensitive business plans are never made public.

This looks to be GM expanding the community work it does and the Welsh government securing the future of the festival.

After last year's festival,  GM talked about off site campervan fields with a shuttle bus - much the  same as Bath & West at Glastonbury - this could presumably be used for that.

Fair enough. Who initiated the purchase though? Different bits I read suggest the government just pulled the trigger and the festival distanced itself from it which seems rather counter intuitive and plus there is near radio silence from GM / Fiona Stewart which doesn't scream joined up thinking. It's all really strange. 

The bit about keeping it as a working farm but also hosting multiple events also very confused from an outside view, then all the environmental stuff layered on top as well doesn't seem thought about. 

28 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

Fair enough. Who initiated the purchase though? Different bits I read suggest the government just pulled the trigger and the festival distanced itself from it which seems rather counter intuitive and plus there is near radio silence from GM / Fiona Stewart which doesn't scream joined up thinking. It's all really strange. 

The bit about keeping it as a working farm but also hosting multiple events also very confused from an outside view, then all the environmental stuff layered on top as well doesn't seem thought about. 

Good points.

It involves politicians and was written up by a journalist so big pinch of salt needed when reading it.

On 7/21/2022 at 11:45 AM, Fish Bulb said:

We’ve booked the bus too, on the Friday I think.

Ive never been at Green Man before (only been to Green Man once last year and they weren’t there) but have been at Bestival a few years ago and it’s the same company and it was a highlight of the weekend tbh.

I’m not sure what it would be like if the weather is grim though 😬

Does anyone have any experience of listing tickets with Fanticks?  I put my Green Man ticket up day before yesterday and its still in pending status. I've had no communication from them. Is this normal? 

15 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

Are they being snapped up almost instantly because no sign of them now...? 

Yeah, I think they went very quickly. Worth creating an alert if you haven't already. I noticed that they seem to go up in little flurries. If your alert fires, but you've missed them, hang around for a few minutes refreshing the page, because others might be on the way.

Just to let anyone who's selling tickets know, I listed mine just now on Twickets, it was authorised and sold within an hour.  Fanticks are still not approving tickets.