Football 2021/2022

jyoung

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would anyone else love to see what Steve Bruce could do with unlimited funds?

Give him one window!

F*ck that! 

9 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Would Rafa leave Everton?

Shame it didn't happened in the summer, I think he's have been back and I'd have liked that, properly understood the city and the football club.

Just now, eastynh said:

Who would you like?

Honestly not sure, I'd have had Howe over Bruce, I'd have most anyone over Bruce, he cannot stay. If you wanna go a bit more galactico, I'd love for Jose to come to Mr Robson's club, at least to see if it can reignite us and him a bit, again though, he's in a new job. Who's out there? Conte?

12 minutes ago, thetime said:

You would imagine it will be stepping stones, rather than going massive now.

That would be the sensible way.

Yea Howe would be stepping stone and Conte massive.. I guess Zidane would be statement, Fat Frank would be amusing:

Eddie Howe: 21/10
Steven Gerrard: 4/1
Antonio Conte: 5/1
Chris Wilder: 11/2
Graeme Jones: 11/2
Rafa Benitez: 10/1
Roberto Martinez: 10/1
Frank Lampard: 10/1
Unai Emery: 16/1
Jose Mourinho: 17/1
Alan Shearer: 17/1
Brendan Rodgers: 20/1
Zinedine Zidane: 20/1

Edited by lost

The Newcastle takeover actually happening genuinely caught me by surprise. I didn't think the takeover was going to happen, or at least, we wouldn't know for sure until at least mid-January after a few tribunals, so for everything to be resolved in hours.

This ultimately feels like the logical end point of the last 20 years or so of football, where ever richer and richer people with ever more controversial backstories have got involved, and in turn required even more controversial figures to get involved. Not many people out there were going to meet Ashley's £350million asking price. I'm not gonna pretend there's no moral conflict. I've sunk 20 years into supporting Newcastle and watching a succession of terrible managers playing terrible football, so it would be awesome to see us win a thing, but I can't pretend a part of me would feel dirty about the backstory of getting a shitload of Saudi oil money to get us to a point there. I don't blame people for being happy to worry about that later and be glad that Ashley, who never really looked happy running the club, is on his way out.

Would be on brand for us to get relegated first tbh.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

This ultimately feels like the logical end point of the last 20 years or so of football, where ever richer and richer people with ever more controversial backstories have got involved, and in turn required even more controversial figures to get involved.

It's mad, you now have multi millionaires owning clubs in league 2 and the national league.