Football 2021/2022

jyoung

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Liverpool will probably lose to Arsenal on Wednesday now. 

I still think City will do it, talk of a quadruple is nuts

less nuts than it was for shitty this time last year, liverpool are a team capable of doing it, the Prem isn't in their hands tho, that'll take shitty being shit.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

less nuts than it was for shitty this time last year, liverpool are a team capable of doing it, the Prem isn't in their hands tho, that'll take shitty being shit.

It is in their hands, it's also in City's. If either team wins all their games, which they can't both do, then it's theirs. I can see there being a few more bumps in the road along the way though.

The game at the Etihad could well decide it.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Liverpool will probably lose to Arsenal on Wednesday now. 

I still think City will do it, talk of a quadruple is nuts, no way that will happen, somethings got to give over the next month but I'm enjoying the ride.

Whilst I can't speak for every fan, a lot of the ones I know don't think this is realistic either. It's being pushed by pundits, bookies and "fans" on twitter.

City have the easier run in plus the huge game in a couple of weeks is home for them, so they're definitely still favourites. But great to still be involved as around Jan time it looked like they were going to run away with it again.

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Whilst I can't speak for every fan, a lot of the ones I know don't think this is realistic either. It's being pushed by pundits, bookies and "fans" on twitter.

City have the easier run in plus the huge game in a couple of weeks is home for them, so they're definitely still favourites. But great to still be involved as around Jan time it looked like they were going to run away with it again.

Not pushed by the team as it was with City. Not seen a pundit push it. Its possible, so not wrong to think it might happen. 

Just now, Neil said:

Not pushed by the team as it was with City. Not seen a pundit push it. Its possible, so not wrong to think it might happen. 

I've heard it spoken about a few times on Sky, but then they are probably pushing the agenda to rake in the money on SkyBet so would make sense I guess.

I think we have 1 more trophy in us, absolutely no idea which one it'll be though. I have a feeling the Premier League is least likely of the 3 though.

51 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I've heard it spoken about a few times on Sky, but then they are probably pushing the agenda to rake in the money on SkyBet so would make sense I guess.

I think we have 1 more trophy in us, absolutely no idea which one it'll be though. I have a feeling the Premier League is least likely of the 3 though.

If Klopp is going to deprioritise one it will be the FA cup, he may play an understrength team in the next round hoping they will be good enough to get past Forrest.

The arrival of Diaz is a major boost though, I can see him getting us over the line in a few games we'd have otherwise struggled in.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

If Klopp is going to deprioritise one it will be the FA cup, he may play an understrength team in the next round hoping they will be good enough to get past Forrest.

The arrival of Diaz is a major boost though, I can see him getting us over the line in a few games we'd have otherwise struggled in.

I'm not so sure. I think he might get targeted a lot more now people realise that you're allowed to Kung-Fu kick him.

Edited by DareToDibble

3 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I don't think Sky Bet is owned by Sky anymore mate.

So chelsea can’t sell tickets for the middelsborough fa cup game this Saturday, despite offering to give the tickets away for free which is a shame 

although they have also asked for it to be played behind closed doors to “protect sporting integrity”. Can see how that one is going to go down given the events in the past year ! 

1 hour ago, rock the clock said:

So chelsea can’t sell tickets for the middelsborough fa cup game this Saturday, despite offering to give the tickets away for free which is a shame 

although they have also asked for it to be played behind closed doors to “protect sporting integrity”. Can see how that one is going to go down given the events in the past year ! 

"For Chelsea to seek to invoke sporting "integrity" as reason for the game being played behind closed doors is ironic in the extreme."

1 hour ago, rock the clock said:

That isnt in the Chelsea statement: where is that from?

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Ah thanks. I think its because you cant make ANY transactions if youre under sanctions, even if they are for free

i'm sure they'll find a way soon, assuming the club isn't sold in the next week or so. this game was probably too soon but it would help if there was a bit more transparency about stuff. 

I payed for travel up to boro before the sanction happened so i'm hoping i get some sort of refund but doubt it 

4 hours ago, rock the clock said:

i'm sure they'll find a way soon, assuming the club isn't sold in the next week or so. this game was probably too soon but it would help if there was a bit more transparency about stuff. 

I payed for travel up to boro before the sanction happened so i'm hoping i get some sort of refund but doubt it 

Surely there's an option for direct sales from the home club to you lot? If you beat Boro you'd expect the FA to just sell Wembley tickets directly. Even if its different rules to usual and more of a free for all like a gig. surely there isn't a rule that the club has to be involved

Edited by efcfanwirral

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Surely there's an option for direct sales from the home club to you lot? If you beat Boro you'd expect the FA to just sell Wembley tickets directly. Even if its different rules to usual and more of a free for all like a gig. surely there isn't a rule that the club has to be involved

I think the standard procedure is that the home team sells the allocation to the away team, and then the away team sell to their fans as they see fit 

chelsea had already bought all the tickets from boro and around 800 had already been dealt out to people who are on the away scheme (guaranteed a ticket for every away game) but the sanctions came in before ST holders and club members could buy 

so if this carries on hopefully we can get around it by chelsea not buying the allocation, but this game was probably too soon