Football 2021/2022

jyoung

Just now, rock the clock said:

I think the standard procedure is that the home team sells the allocation to the away team, and then the away team sell to their fans as they see fit 

chelsea had already bought all the tickets from boro and around 800 had already been dealt out to people who are on the away scheme (guaranteed a ticket for every away game) but the sanctions came in before ST holders and club members could buy 

so if this carries on hopefully we can get around it by chelsea not buying the allocation, but this game was probably too soon 

Aaaah that makes a lot of sense! Should be fine for future games then and also explains where the few hundred allowed to go came from

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Aaaah that makes a lot of sense! Should be fine for future games then and also explains where the few hundred allowed to go came from

It also puts in to perspective how pathetic the call for behind closed doors was, as there’s already going to be 800 of the most loyal fans there. I assume that’s a pretty standard number for championship teams going to the riverside 

Can't be great for mental health when you have a Ukrainian in the team and you know where your wages come from. Most of them probably just want out.

The chart showing assists says it all though. Rafa's style being so far out of step with modern football, allowing him to move key players on even upto the point it was clear it wasn't working. Even during the transfer window just gone its obvious the club wasn't taking relegation seriously, Coleman has been erratic since his injury for Ireland in 2017 and probably only upto being a 2nd choice and yet the club is signing "one for the future" in Paterson after Rafa didn't fancy Dumfries in the summer. Also wasting a premiership loan on El Ghazi as a backhander to an agent.

It appears running a successful business is alot more difficult when you are not handed it by a corrupt Russian government. The little signs reagrding what the club actually is to the owners though have been there. Oumar Niasse from state owned Lokomotiv Moscow springs to mind.

Edited by lost

31 minutes ago, charlierc said:

My Amazon player opted to stop working but I've heard that some guy with cable ties ran onto the pitch and tied himself to one of the goals during the Everton-Newcastle game... good to know this sport still has genuine surprising things to throw at the audience.

The guy had something about oil on his t shirt. I’d of said a protest against Newcastles owners but apparently it happened at Arsenal last night as well but the stewards were quicker so maybe it’s going to become an extinction rebellion/ regular thing 

18 minutes ago, lost said:

The guy had something about oil on his t shirt. I’d of said a protest against Newcastles owners but apparently it happened at Arsenal last night as well but the stewards were quicker so maybe it’s going to become an extinction rebellion/ regular thing 

A similar protest apparently turned up before the BAFTA film awards at the Royal Albert Hall on Sunday, so yeah, this could well be some kind of thing that's now bursting into mainstream attention a la Extinction Rebellion.

2 hours ago, lost said:

59 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It was all worth it just for this...

Bloody cable tie and they fetch the world's biggest, bluntest bolt cutters.

It certainly didn't show goodison pitch security in a good light- after that had happened a fan ran on and kicked the protester a couple of minutes later!

Edited by efcfanwirral

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

We were dreadful tonight for most of the game but the 3 points is all that matters. Incredible atmosphere at the end there. 

I take the blame as I'd been thinking all match that Iwobi is just an appalling footballer.

Shearer then gave him man of the match 🤦

34 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I take the blame as I'd been thinking all match that Iwobi is just an appalling footballer.

Shearer then gave him man of the match 🤦

Haha probably would've said Gordon, who seems to be improving each game. Needs the game time (that he's getting) to smooth out his decision making and end product but a lot of potential there 

Edited by efcfanwirral