Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

On 3/17/2022 at 11:28 AM, xxialac said:

Mad Cool organisers are shameless, selling tickets off the back of QOTSA when they have known for ages they won’t make it.

Some bad eggs at that organisation.

I'm not 100% sure that QOTSA or no QOTSA would have made much difference at all in ticket sales  - for example Weds and Thurs tickets are selling like hotcakes / sold out and the Fri didn't / isn't. 

I think any festival has a lot to deal with at the moment in terms of bands, schedules etc. For all we know QOTSA may not have confirmed to MC that they aren't playing  -  its unlikely but we don't know for sure.

They have a history or things like this but as long as i get to go to festival this year  -  after past years - i'll be happy 

If they change the venue last minute ........................ then i might have something to say LOL

At the moment when I book festival tickets I am going with the view that the names on the poster may well not be the acts I end up seeing. With things opening up much more, I expect even more changes to line-ups this year then last as cases will go up.  Cancelations, drop outs,changes etc for one reason or another is going to be the norm going forward for the foreseable future. So, I would expect to see plenty of changes to the lineup nearer the time.

I am more worried about the venue changing then the acts as their is still plenty for me even without FNM & QOTSA.

1 hour ago, jonnytee1 said:

I'm not 100% sure that QOTSA or no QOTSA would have made much difference at all in ticket sales  - for example Weds and Thurs tickets are selling like hotcakes / sold out and the Fri didn't / isn't. 

I think any festival has a lot to deal with at the moment in terms of bands, schedules etc. For all we know QOTSA may not have confirmed to MC that they aren't playing  -  its unlikely but we don't know for sure.

They have a history or things like this but as long as i get to go to festival this year  -  after past years - i'll be happy 

If they change the venue last minute ........................ then i might have something to say LOL

The organisers of a festival with a €10million+ budget don’t think to check whether one of their headliners is playing after they pull out everywhere?

I’ve heard it all now!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, xxialac said:

The organisers of a festival with a €10million+ budget don’t think to check whether one of their headliners is playing after they pull out everywhere?

I’ve heard it all now!

I think my main point is  -  QOTSA or no QOTSA, in my opinion would have made potentially 0-1 % difference in ticket sales. There are other acts on that poster at the moment that don't look likely..... CHVRCHES for instance (who incidentally i'd watch over QOTSA)  are very unlikely to be there. 

You're only likely to buy a ticket on the QOTSA day to see them if you're a massive QOTSA fan and if you're that much of a fan  -  you know they aren't going to be there.

We all know this is the case. I'd imagine Mad Cool will announce a final re arranged line up all in one go rather than chop and change the line up week after week. One band does not make a festival ................ although that is a but debatable because David Bowie got replaced by the Darkenss when i went to T in the park LOL.

In saying that  -  it only takes one person from any band to test positive for covid on the day  -  and you wont be seeing them anyway!

Edited by jonnytee1

42 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

I think my main point is  -  QOTSA or no QOTSA, in my opinion would have made potentially 0-1 % difference in ticket sales. There are other acts on that poster at the moment that don't look likely..... CHVRCHES for instance (who incidentally i'd watch over QOTSA)  are very unlikely to be there. 

You're only likely to buy a ticket on the QOTSA day to see them if you're a massive QOTSA fan and if you're that much of a fan  -  you know they aren't going to be there.

We all know this is the case. I'd imagine Mad Cool will announce a final re arranged line up all in one go rather than chop and change the line up week after week. One band does not make a festival ................ although that is a but debatable because David Bowie got replaced by the Darkenss when i went to T in the park LOL.

In saying that  -  it only takes one person from any band to test positive for covid on the day  -  and you wont be seeing them anyway!

It’s also the principle.

If your headliner pulls out, you disclose it. A smaller name can wait but not a headliner. It’s hardly a big deal to do so.

The organisers have likely known for 2 months. I now see them as untrustworthy - and reputation is important for any organisation.

On 3/23/2022 at 12:23 PM, xxialac said:

It’s also the principle.

If your headliner pulls out, you disclose it. A smaller name can wait but not a headliner. It’s hardly a big deal to do so.

The organisers have likely known for 2 months. I now see them as untrustworthy - and reputation is important for any organisation.

They don’t care I think… 

• Upvote 3

On 3/23/2022 at 11:23 AM, xxialac said:

It’s also the principle.

Even more relevant now that Massive Attack have pulled out of Primavera and they announced it instantly. Mad Cool’s silence on QOTSA is bizarre and shitty to their customers, especially those who aren’t constantly checking forums etc like we are and who will have no idea. 

• Upvote 4

Quick one regarding the announcement of replacements - I seem to have it somewhere in my brain that in 2019, they announced the extra day and completed the line up when it was 100 days to the festival.

By my calculations that should be next week and I wonder if they do the same? 

I do think it’s bad practice about the delay on the QOTSA announcement, but on the other side of the coin I think the band could have put something official out too. If Werchter and Pinkpop didn’t confirm the changes there would be absolutely nothing official out there to confirm anything different. (Obviously not talking about us hiding in the forums who have genuinely knowledgeable insiders cropping up who can keep us up to date, always very grateful to you guys)

It’s an absolute disgrace that they have not put out any communication on anything for weeks.

The fact they don’t have 2 x headliners for the Friday night is also an embarrassment for a supposed major festival.

We all know there is gonna be a huge shake up of the lineup - but ffs it doesn’t take much to keep ticket holders informed when changes are being announced. 

Having QOTSA still on advertising and continuing to sell tickets when they have pulled out must surely be contravening ticket sale regulations ? 

Absolute amateur hour the organisers of this event. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 10:36 AM, jonnytee1 said:

The Darkness replacing Bowie at TITP was possibly the worst thing I’ve ever experienced at a festival 

• Thanks 1

2 x Twitter posts in the whole of 2022! I mean wtf is going on with the people running this event. 

A sticker with a line up including acts that have pulled out is borderline fraudulent when tickets are still being sold. 

I notice that BBK Bilbao have announced their final lineup today so maybe that is a hint that the cowboys running MC might decide it’s fair to let us know who is playing in July ???

21 hours ago, Prophet of Doom said:

2 x Twitter posts in the whole of 2022! I mean wtf is going on with the people running this event. 

A sticker with a line up including acts that have pulled out is borderline fraudulent when tickets are still being sold. 

I notice that BBK Bilbao have announced their final lineup today so maybe that is a hint that the cowboys running MC might decide it’s fair to let us know who is playing in July ???

You have my support. 

I've checked and the organisational budget is in fact c.25m euros. I know sole traders earning 50k who could communicate far better...

7 hours ago, lighthouse said:

He has a vilid point here. The way this festival handles this feels very amateuristic.

Yeah I know, every point he makes is valid - I was just doing a pun on his name 👌🤣

I fully agree that it’s a shambles but it’s the same every year yet it sells out every year. 

basically all I have done is commented on every Facebook post they place stating “why do you still have bands on the poster that won’t be there such as………blah blah blah”

I know I won’t get a formal response but at least it’s there for others to see and gives them some idea of what to expect. 

My latest comment on Facebook got a lot of replies and likes and shocked faces so at least I’m doing my bit 💪🏼

Edited by jonnytee1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Yeah I know, every point he makes is valid - I was just doing a pun on his name 👌🤣

I fully agree that it’s a shambles but it’s the same every year yet it sells out every year. 

basically all I have done is commented on every Facebook post they place stating “why do you still have bands on the poster that won’t be there such as………blah blah blah”

I know I won’t get a formal response but at least it’s there for others to see and gives them some idea of what to expect. 

My latest comment on Facebook got a lot of replies and likes and shocked faces so at least I’m doing my bit 💪🏼

You can sell out by offering something decent in an uncrowded market, irrespective of how you treat your customers. This works up to a point but there's no loyalty created for the tough times.

Mad Cool may be successful now but next year they will be competing with Primavera Sound.

They may regret not treating their customers with respect. Frankly they deserve to fail. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, xxialac said:

You can sell out by offering something decent in an uncrowded market, irrespective of how you treat your customers. This works up to a point but there's no loyalty created for the tough times.

Mad Cool may be successful now but next year they will be competing with Primavera Sound.

They may regret not treating their customers with respect. Frankly they deserve to fail. 

They wont care and it will sell out. This year is not abnormal  -  its been like this every year, yet the following year they sell out. I know there are a few people who won't buy tickets out of principle but for every one person who doesn't go next year, there are 100 more who will buy tickets. 

Even this year I know 20 people who are going, that are not on these forums and they are so excited, unaware of the sh*t storm that we all know about because we are on these forums.   

It's not the way to do things, we can all agree but it wont change the way they operate  

6 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

They wont care and it will sell out. This year is not abnormal  -  its been like this every year, yet the following year they sell out. I know there are a few people who won't buy tickets out of principle but for every one person who doesn't go next year, there are 100 more who will buy tickets. 

Even this year I know 20 people who are going, that are not on these forums and they are so excited, unaware of the sh*t storm that we all know about because we are on these forums.   

It's not the way to do things, we can all agree but it wont change the way they operate  

I agree - there's clearly something a bit dodgy with the culture at Mad Cool, but I think most people couldn't care less about this stuff. It probably says a lot that as soon as you mentioned posting on Facebook, I remembered seeing the post.

Bands drop out of festivals all the time, often with much less than three months, and considering the churn most festivals have had since I bought my ticket in 2019, I'm not going to worry about a few weeks here or there. Weren't QOTSA one of the last bands to be announced, after the majority of tickets had been sold?

I think we're just a bit too interested in what's going on, and maybe miss out on the big picture. So long as there is music in July we'll be happy. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t agree with this defeatest attitude that we just meekly accept any old shit companies put on us. 

Also past studies show that unhappy customers tell around 10 people about their experience. Social media is here and that only amplifies such feelings.

Yes few use these forums but most look at social media and you can’t possibly say for sure this this feeling of being taken for fools won’t matter when people have a huge competitor  in the market to switch to next year.