Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

On 3/9/2022 at 8:26 AM, xxialac said:

Do you know if they’ll replace QOTSA too?

QOTSA are in the lineup, similar than other events in France.

Same promoter have an event in Bilbao with Weezer 4 days before, the chances of them going to madrid are very high. Band target are similar. 

4 minutes ago, Degu said:

QOTSA are in the lineup, similar than other events in France.

Same promoter have an event in Bilbao with Weezer 4 days before, the chances of them going to madrid are very high. Band target are similar. 

Thanks. So it’s not certain. Maybe Weezer will play but one of the other days.

Just purchased Friday and Saturday tickets for this year, never done mad cool before. Anyone that’s been got basic and interesting info on it? Pint prices, public transport accessibility after it? If anymore bands will be added? What’s the arena like do they have other things going on other than the main stages 

cheers I 

5 hours ago, heartsink said:

Just purchased Friday and Saturday tickets for this year, never done mad cool before. Anyone that’s been got basic and interesting info on it? Pint prices, public transport accessibility after it? If anymore bands will be added? What’s the arena like do they have other things going on other than the main stages 

cheers I 

These were 2019 prices, Mahou is the beer and it's half a litre or a litre (mini). There are some stuff other than music but not much. Last time there were shuttles to a few points in the city and there are taxis\uber point. The year before they operated a night train, so who knows what it's gonna be this time.

It's not the most organized festival in the world but 2019 edition was far better organized than 2018.396327543_20190710_2321573.thumb.jpg.a41a42a679b6988f54057a2c6fe252f2.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, e2p2 said:

These were 2019 prices, Mahou is the beer and it's half a litre or a litre (mini). There are some stuff other than music but not much. Last time there were shuttles to a few points in the city and there are taxis\uber point. The year before they operated a night train, so who knows what it's gonna be this time.

It's not the most organized festival in the world but 2019 edition was far better organized than 2018.396327543_20190710_2321573.thumb.jpg.a41a42a679b6988f54057a2c6fe252f2.jpg

Cool the digs I got seen be around a 10 min taxi journey or a 55 min walk is it going to be a issue getting taxis off your experience? 

Question about transportation to and from the festival each night.

Hello.

I have a few questions about transportation. I attended Mad Cool 2018 and I stayed close to the festival site. For 2022, I’m looking to rent an AirBnB close to the Colombia station or Nuevos Ministerios station; both are on the pink subway line. If I remember correctly, in 2018, they had the pink line in operation until 5 am and only that line was opened. They had also a shuttle service from the festival to the train station (not sure about this option). There were also a lot of taxis waiting at the exit of Mad Cool between 2 am and 5 am. I haven’t seen any info about transportation for 2022. Should I expect the same type of options for transportation? What were the options in 2019? 

In addition, I just that Pinar del rey station is closed for construction; the pink line, that goes to the festival is closed: “The renovation of the track supporting layer will mean the suspension of the service between Colombia and Mar de Cristal stations, although both will remain open to the public and the only station that will remain closed is Pinar del Rey. The Regional Transport Consortium of Madrid will also guarantee mobility in the area by introducing a special free bus service, at no additional cost to the user, to cover the stretch while the renovation works last.” Reference: https://www.metromadrid.es/en/press-release/2021-12-22/regional-government-of-madrid-to-invest-more-than-5-million-euros-in-the-renovation-of-underground-track-between-colombia-and-pinar-del-rey-stations. This should add a little of challenge to go and return from the festival.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, heartsink said:

Cool the digs I got seen be around a 10 min taxi journey or a 55 min walk is it going to be a issue getting taxis off your experience? 

Sorry, I took the shuttle bus so I don't know about the taxi situation. Madrid is a big city so there should be plenty of Uber and taxies and people leave the festival site through the night so it should be ok I guess.

On 3/11/2022 at 12:03 AM, heartsink said:

cheers I 

There's a good intro thread here near the top of this page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/madcoolfestival which covers loads of stuff.

The transport is some guesswork at the moment, as when I went in 2018 the buses went to a few places, but I believe they only went to Plaza de Castilla in 2019, and so that's maybe likely again this year.

Big tip is that if you're standing around queuing to get in, walking to the site, it can be very, very hot - so a hat is handy. When I went they gave them away inside the festival, but really it's when you were queuing and couldn't find shade that you needed them.

• Thanks 2

Has the festival site moved this year? Need to book accommodation but had heard the site may be moving, although I’ve never actually been to Mad Cool before so it wouldn’t make much difference to me anyhow. Any suggestions about best areas to look for accommodation would be most welcome 🤗

57 minutes ago, missnutmeg said:

Has the festival site moved this year? 

It seems very hard to track down any meaningful information on this. It's very poor that so near the festival they can still not give us a 100% guarantee of the location. Just saying its at the current location for now does not really cut it. I would have thought they  should now by now thee actual site.

14 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

In case anybody had hope QOTSA might stay on the bill: They dropped out of Musilac and Les Deferlantes. The whole tour is off.

Bugs me that Mad Cool doesn‘t give a sh*t to tell ticket holders.

You presume a communication about that would be forthcoming, but yes, that is very slow to get the info out there.

On 3/11/2022 at 8:07 PM, LaurentExpos said:

Question about transportation to and from the festival each night.

Hello.

I have a few questions about transportation. I attended Mad Cool 2018 and I stayed close to the festival site. For 2022, I’m looking to rent an AirBnB close to the Colombia station or Nuevos Ministerios station; both are on the pink subway line. If I remember correctly, in 2018, they had the pink line in operation until 5 am and only that line was opened. They had also a shuttle service from the festival to the train station (not sure about this option). There were also a lot of taxis waiting at the exit of Mad Cool between 2 am and 5 am. I haven’t seen any info about transportation for 2022. Should I expect the same type of options for transportation? What were the options in 2019? 

In addition, I just that Pinar del rey station is closed for construction; the pink line, that goes to the festival is closed: “The renovation of the track supporting layer will mean the suspension of the service between Colombia and Mar de Cristal stations, although both will remain open to the public and the only station that will remain closed is Pinar del Rey. The Regional Transport Consortium of Madrid will also guarantee mobility in the area by introducing a special free bus service, at no additional cost to the user, to cover the stretch while the renovation works last.” Reference: https://www.metromadrid.es/en/press-release/2021-12-22/regional-government-of-madrid-to-invest-more-than-5-million-euros-in-the-renovation-of-underground-track-between-colombia-and-pinar-del-rey-stations. This should add a little of challenge to go and return from the festival.

Thank you.

I'll be honest when i went to the festival in 2018 there was a queue for Taxis and Uber cars that was over an hour long and we didn't move. We were a similar distance form you to the festival. In the end we decided to walk. we walked for 10 minutes and saw a taxi  -  flagged it down, jumped in and paid 10 euros. 

We did this the following 3 nights too  -  taxis are  coming on their way to the festival site 10 to the dozen so just walk the opposite direction to the taxi queues and flag one that is on its way to the festival site  -  they'll stop and pick you up = no queuing 

That's my advice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey all, 

Sorry to jump in ... 🙈

Just wondering if anybody has purchased their tickets via Enterticket ? (madcooltickets.es) We just noticed one of our party has tickets from there, while the rest are festicket... Just wondering if it's an official partner site etc

Thanks !!

18 minutes ago, Jen22 said:

Hey all, 

Sorry to jump in ... 🙈

Just wondering if anybody has purchased their tickets via Enterticket ? (madcooltickets.es) We just noticed one of our party has tickets from there, while the rest are festicket... Just wondering if it's an official partner site etc

Thanks !!

If they have a pdf ticket they can try and log in here: https://www.madcoolarea.es/area/ 

That's probably the quickest way to confirm all ok. Otherwise there's an email on the Mad Cool site that you can contact.