Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I was delighted at not having to pay now.

The complex arrangement  is fraught with potential for disaster so seems sensible to take things carefully.

Yeah - they have given themselves an admin nightmare ....I hope they have a good system 😕

I'm finding the upgrade costs to be completely bizarre.

Suppose you bought your regular weekend ticket two years ago, let's say for €180 since that was the initial non-early bird rate. Right now that will get you the first weekend, all the club gigs, and the final Sunday. Really nice. But the upgrade for the second weekend, ie, just the extra three days, is €195. That is, you pay more and get considerably less than the original ticket.

For VIP it's even worse. I paid €250 (pre-early bird), that also gets me weekend 1, club gigs, and the Sunday. (Early bird was €300.) The upgrade for adding the extra three days is €400. It's €450 if you just buy VIP for a single weekend, but that's also clubs+Sunday.

They're really trying hard to make the upgrade look like a bad deal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, daveje said:

Suppose you bought your regular weekend ticket two years ago, let's say for €180 since that was the initial non-early bird rate. Right now that will get you the first weekend, all the club gigs, and the final Sunday. Really nice. But the upgrade for the second weekend, ie, just the extra three days, is €195. That is, you pay more and get considerably less than the original ticket.

For VIP it's even worse. I paid €250 (pre-early bird), that also gets me weekend 1, club gigs, and the Sunday. (Early bird was €300.) The upgrade for adding the extra three days is €400. It's €450 if you just buy VIP for a single weekend, but that's also clubs+Sunday.

oh wow i didn't know you got the middle bits included with just one weekend ticket - maybe the priority access to city shos is the key point/incentive there?

1 hour ago, thespiral said:

I think 1 or 2 big names will be added to Weekend 1. It seems a little thinner numbers wise than the original lineup , and they have said more to be announced. Its a year away still.

I can't get behind where this forum takes this form of speculation from. Both weekends are packed beyond measure. Portishead, NIN or MBV are completely off the table and they never were on to begin with. 

This thread just drops names and then treats them as if they are actual rumours

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, dilgreene13 said:

Just noticed this from the Ciutat section:
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard performing once a day (yes, yes)

Insane.

If you go to all 5 shows, you get to sleep with the band.

21 minutes ago, daveje said:

They've added some amazing middle days that weren't part of our original deal.

So to make the economics work, they've come up with a system where the upgraders are effectively subsidising the people who only go to one weekend plus the bonus days.

And in fairness you do get priority access at least as an upgrader. I think this is significant.

I look at it differently which is the grand total is €650 for 11 days' of some of the best music anywhere in the world - and all as a VIP with VIP perks - is a lot of money of course but fair value.

Coachella two weekends for example would cost more than €650 and for that you only would get 6 days, no club shows at all, no beach shows...and no VIP.

Edited by xxialac
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Quadrophobia said:

I can't get behind where this forum takes this form of speculation from. Both weekends are packed beyond measure. Portishead, NIN or MBV are completely off the table and they never were on to begin with. 

This thread just drops names and then treats them as if they are actual rumours

Hold on... are you saying Fleetwood Mac are playing?!

10 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

oh wow i didn't know you got the middle bits included with just one weekend ticket - maybe the priority access to city shos is the key point/incentive there?

Certainly for VIP tickets that's a plus, since I guess access to some of the club gigs will be challenging. Also remember that they're talking about 15% of the capacity being reserved for direct sale.

But yes, if you have a weekend ticket already, you get the middle bits.

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Just getting my head around this, only been to Porto before. Am I right in thinking that the 'simplest' option still comes with the midweek gigs and the beach brunch thrown in? Those were the two bits I wasn't that bothered about!

Yes, either weekend ticket includes both.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They've added some amazing middle days that weren't part of your original deal.

So to make the economics work, they've come up with a system where the upgraders are effectively subsidising the people who only go to one weekend plus the bonus days.

Yes. It feels like the people who stuck with their tickets for two years are being asked for dig deeper to pay for the newcomers.

1 minute ago, daveje said:

Yes. It feels like the people who stuck with their tickets for two years are being asked for dig deeper to pay for the newcomers.

Unfortunately, yeah.

Tricky one as it would be a commercial disaster to price one weekend at over 300 to cover the middle days. So they had to find the money from the loyal fans. 

Same as it ever was... 

29 minutes ago, daveje said:

yes, the upgrades are pretty expensive. i expected around 150 euros to be honest. (but i also have to admit i didn't expect so many big names to play both weekends) . 

i think they are mostly counting on new customers to sell out weekend 2. and i think they have a good chance 

one thing - as i read it, the upgrade from a standard 1 weekend ticket to a standard 2 weekend tickets give "priority access for the Ciutat shows" - so in essence are there four types of access to these shows?

1 VIP access

2 Upgrade Access

3 One weekend access

4 15% sales access?

logistically complex!?

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Unfortunately, yeah.

Tricky one as it would be a commercial disaster to price one weekend at over 300 to cover the middle days. So they had to find the money from the loyal fans. 

Same as it ever was... 

I get the reasoning behind that but I'll take the upsided. I paid 350 Euros for two entire festivals plus free club gigs. Thinking that the festival of my youth asks 200€ for one and Headliners include 21 Pilots and Rise Against I feel like I'm making a good deal. Also saving 75€ compared to buying both weekends at regular price.

3 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

one thing - as i read it, the upgrade from a standard 1 weekend ticket to a standard 2 weekend tickets give "priority access for the Ciutat shows" - so in essence are there four types of access to these shows?

1 VIP access

2 Upgrade Access

3 One weekend access

4 15% sales access?

logistically complex!?

I understand why VIP obviously get priority, but I don't really get why people with both weekends get priority over one weekenders.

Just now, williamxturner said:

I understand why VIP obviously get priority, but I don't really get why people with both weekends get priority over one weekenders.

imagine the scenes and 4 x queues at venues, it'll be like an airport... not to be a downer, seems to work at other city venue-based festivals i've been to