Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

4 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

I'm still going with it being mostly the same line ups but with different headliners. One weekend has the 2020/2021 lot and the other has Rosalia, NIN, Portishead etc. 

Certainly feels like it's going this way, the 2 x dates that people have spoken about with everyone on here keeping their 2020/2021 tickets for a slighly revised line up on weekend 1, then weekend 2 being an additional festival, so new tickets and new artists... maybe?!

17 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

I’m just riffing here, but is there any reason it has to be two weekends? Could it be a weekend and then a single day, or two days or whatever? Sort of like a “primavera bonus beat” or something?

Even though there's been a fallow year this year for festivals I can't see there being enough (Primavera-friendly) artists around next year to make up two separate stacked weekends without the quality control dipping considerably.

I can't really see it being anything other than one 'main' weekend and then the second session (whenever it may be) will be a bit more streamlined, maybe over just the two main stages and more like All Points East with day headliners + a handful of undercard. I'm sure they could make this work if they got the likes of Arcade Fire/NIN just as a single strong headliner with supports.

Saying that, I know Primavera love stunts and want to make money, so attempting two full weekends might be tempting.

One thought is that all the expensive infrastructure will be there in between weekends so I can imagine they might want to host some gigs there on the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday or at least run some kind of community event.

Not sure if my body could handle 11 consecutive days at the Forum though.

Just had a look for rooms at the Princess hotel . Check for last weekend , checked in on wed 25 may check out sun , said unavailable on Trivago and on their own website. The Hilton was the same. Maybe just because it's more than a year in advance. 

1 minute ago, Traci said:

We’ve had countdown clocks most years that have changed from days to hours in the space of minutes.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get something today.

The fact they've done it before tells me they won't do it today.

For all their stupid gimmicks, it's a different gimmick each time.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Traci said:

We’ve had countdown clocks most years that have changed from days to hours in the space of minutes.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get something today.

Well, I would be surprised. Just this morning I've received an official e-mail confirming 25th May as the date of the line-up release. Releasing it today would just really lack any logic... But so does the new countdown a little bit.

• Upvote 1