Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

55 minutes ago, jump said:

Spiderman Meme GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

If they don’t put this or something similar in the film then it’s basically unwatchable.

Also, although the MCU has proven time and time again that they can take crazy ideas and properties and turn them in to gold, I really can’t help but feel like having the multiverse + three Spidermen + multiverse Sinister Six all in one film might be a bit much. Really feels like it should’ve been stretched to a 2 parter (which I suppose there’s a chance it could, although reports coming out don’t seem to indicate that).

58 minutes ago, jump said:

Spiderman Meme GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I just hope they do something with Spider-Verse as well - just a nod.

They better not forget they’ve got Donald Glover and the guy from Better Call Saul hanging about in Spidey-land… Also, those good dudes and Adam (?) in Guardians.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If they don’t put this or something similar in the film then it’s basically unwatchable.

Also, although the MCU has proven time and time again that they can take crazy ideas and properties and turn them in to gold, I really can’t help but feel like having the multiverse + three Spidermen + multiverse Sinister Six all in one film might be a bit much. Really feels like it should’ve been stretched to a 2 parter (which I suppose there’s a chance it could, although reports coming out don’t seem to indicate that).

They did well with a big cast in civil war. I'm.sure it'll be fine.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

You forgot to add J. Jonah Jameson and everyone knowing who Spider Man is plus Doctor Strange is in the flick too. It could be a long 3 hour film at this rate to fit everything in.

I still find it odd Marvel have Sami Rami directing (his first film in almost 10 years) and it's not Spider-Man when it looks like this could be a big meta-love letter to the previous Spider-Man films which would be a perfect fit.

Edited by jump

1 minute ago, jump said:

You forgot to add J. Jonah Jameson and everyone knowing who Spider Man plus Doctor Strange is in the flick too. It could be a long 3 hour film at this rate to fit everything in.

I still find it odd Marvel have Sami Rami directing (his first film in almost 10 years) and it's not Spider-Man when it looks like this could be a big meta-love letter to the previous Spider-Man films which would be a perfect fit.

Raimi was last minute for Sttange 2 though. 

I'm hyped for Spider-Man just because it's gonna be bonkers, but it's fairly likely Sony will fuck up everything else they have control over...so that's a worry. 

Morbius springs to mind. Particularly if you've seen the alleged plot leak.

Just now, Zacko said:

I'm hyped for Spider-Man just because it's gonna be bonkers, but it's fairly likely Sony will fuck up everything else they have control over...so that's a worry. 

Morbius springs to mind. Particularly if you've seen the alleged plot leak.

Marvel do all the creative stuff. Sony aren't involved in that. I think they just take the money!

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Marvel do all the creative stuff. Sony aren't involved in that. I think they just take the money!

Although it certainly seems Marvel are still the main driving force, after talks initially broke down a couple of years back and new negotiations had to be met with Sony, I’ve got a feeling they’ve stuck their foot in a little more this time which has led us to this quite overstuffed third film that now features two Sony Spidermen and six Sony villains (if rumours are to be believed). I don’t think this was ever supposed to be the original plan for this film so we shall see. I’ll refrain from being too skeptical until I see the film though… or, well, the trailer at least. 

Edited by FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Raimi was last minute for Sttange 2 though. 

Regardless they still managed to coach him into directing again, it's not like he needs the money/work.

I'm just hoping he goes full Evil Dead on Doc Strange, I will be so disappointed if there's no Bruce Campbell.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although it certainly seems Marvel are still the main driving force, after talks initially broke down a couple of years back and new negotiations had to be met with Sony, I’ve got a feeling they’ve stuck their foot in a little more this time which has led us to this quite overstuffed third film that now features two Sony Spidermen and six Sony villains (if rumours are to be believed). I don’t think this was ever supposed to be the original plan for this film so we shall see. I’ll refrain from being too skeptical until I see the film though… or, well, the trailer at least. 

Nah, the talks broke down over money. One of the sticking points was Sony gave back the merch rights to the Spider Man movies to Marvel (before Marvel took over again) so they didn't think it was fair to give a bigger cuts of the profits to them which was what they were asking for, Disney/Marvel reactions was they don't need Spider Man as that energy could be sent on a different film where they keep all the money.

It was only because of fan outrage and Tom Holland acting as a mediator it got settled and Sony caved into giving Marvel more money.

17 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Only just caught the last episode of Loki so had to steer clear of this thread for the last 24 hours…

Wowsers! Fair to say they stuck the landing on this one. That Phases 4 & 5 set up.

Very last scene was all a bit Planet of the Apes wasn’t it?

I was very disappointed we didn't get a "you maniacs!" at the end there (although it's more reminiscent of Burton's ape film, the mad bastard)

On 7/15/2021 at 1:21 PM, zahidf said:

Oh yeah sorry - worded that badly.

I'm excited for the main Spider-Man stuff (anything with Feige involvement I guess), but I'm more thinking anything that's under the "Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters" umbrella, like the Kraven the Hunter movie...just whyyyy!

Holy crap, just finished Loki. What an ending. Figured Kang would be the reveal, but maybe in more of a vague way. Didnt expect them to go balls deep in setting up the next several years right in one episode. 

Majors as Kang is total chefs kiss. We’re in for a wild ride there. Bit baffled at the ending but in the best way. Can’t wait to see where this goes in the upcoming movies. 

Feeling like the FF movie could be the big culmination, or at least a key touchstone in this Kang story arc in a similar way to Avengers in phase 1.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Holy crap, just finished Loki. What an ending. Figured Kang would be the reveal, but maybe in more of a vague way. Didnt expect them to go balls deep in setting up the next several years right in one episode. 

Majors as Kang is total chefs kiss. We’re in for a wild ride there. Bit baffled at the ending but in the best way. Can’t wait to see where this goes in the upcoming movies. 

Feeling like the FF movie could be the big culmination, or at least a key touchstone in this Kang story arc in a similar way to Avengers in phase 1.

Pretty clever way of introducing Kang without him being THE Kang. Could potentially see Majors popping up as a few variants until we get to the big bad.

3 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Saw Black Widow yesterday and felt it was average. Think the cast deserved better? (Trying to be careful with spoilers but also want to discuss the post-credits scene!)

It didn’t have the same feel as a usual MCU film. Seemed very generic with very little substance. Some shocking Russian accents throughout and the one person with the right ethnic background barely spoke a word. 

Really liked Black Widow, solid action film set in the MCU really. Great performances, awful accents.  Shame it just missed the covid boat really, would have been a really good film to start the big marvel break with rather than end it but it was just nice seeing the marvel opening again on the big screen.

On 7/14/2021 at 3:03 PM, Gnomicide said:

For someone who only really knows the films and hasn't got a fucking clue who Kang is, that's what we got. He didn't even say he was Kang, unless I missed it, and even if he did, so what? What is that supposed to mean?

I've loved the series but I'm just left here scratching my head.

When he was talking about the other variants and mentioned being a conqueror, that was the nod to who he was. If anyone just followed MCU news in general and saw that Joonathon Majors was cast as Kang for the next Ant Man movie then it mightve rung a bell. But since every single entertainment website went all in the very next morning with spoilers, people figured out who the next baddie was pretty much anyway. I mean the Thanos reveal freaked people out, this did the job when it came time.

Kang could pop up in like 4 movies just off this. Spider Man maybe post credits, Dr Strange for sure, Ant Man and maybe even Thor cause with Taika at the helm his film is bound to go haywire on multiple levels.

Edited by Suprefan