news & politics:discussion

zahidf

in the end it still the economy stupid, in other words cost of living, stuff is more expensive so tories will lose, same in US with Biden...if Trump not found guilty of anything he will win because stuff more expensive since Biden took over (hopefully the deepstate find him guilty)

Edited by steviewevie

22 hours ago, steviewevie said:

again, is there actually anything going on for armistice day? Remembrance day is the main one.

Not directly related to Armistice Day, but the Lord Mayor's Show is also on Saturday at exactly the same time as the march. That also requires quite a bit of policing, but nobody seems to be talking about it.

2 minutes ago, doogie said:

Not directly related to Armistice Day, but the Lord Mayor's Show is also on Saturday at exactly the same time as the march. That also requires quite a bit of policing, but nobody seems to be talking about it.

one thing is for sure, there are going to be a lot of police in London this weekend. Good time to do some crime if you live elsewhere.

On 11/9/2023 at 2:59 PM, Barry Fish said:

If the demonstrators stick to their route and behave themselves then there will be no need for them to live up to Home Sec false claims and in turn make them true.  If they are there for genuine demonstration then there is no need to not behave.

if there's no trouble braverman can claim her warnings worked. reality is she's strirred to it up.

Just now, Neil said:

if there's no trouble braverman can claim her warnings worked. reality is she's strirred to it up.

🤔 if there's no trouble then police can say they were right to go ahead with the march. It will definitely help Braverman if there is trouble. Hopefully there won't be, but there will be a lot of people turning up, and some will likely want to cause some trouble...on both sides. I imagine the only people not turning up will be Jews who are not of the pro Palestine anti Israel ilk but will just feel more and more scared and intimidated.

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

one thing is for sure, there are going to be a lot of police in London this weekend. Good time to do some crime if you live elsewhere.

Just got back from the Manchester Markets. I noticed a bigger presence by GMP. First time I have seen armed officers walking through the crowds. I did ask one copper if I could stroke his gun. Silence from him maybe he isn't bi curious 😉

Anywho we have seen the new flat and while it is tad small compared to how I sprawl with my stuff the area is fuking awesome. So looking forward to moving in with a secure tenancy:-)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

He’s 100% going to win, isn’t he? They’ll edit it so he’s a ‘man of the people’, not a horrible racist.

You can't polish a turd.