news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Starmer saying lots of stuff about NHS this morning...whether you think it was good stuff or not probably depends on how you feel about starmer already...but lots of stuff about reforming and modernising...and I think he did say there would be more money.... 

The BBC mentioned that the NHS needs to embrace technology as some hospitals are using fax machines. I was at my GP last week to sort out my online app and they did not have a photocopier to take a copy of my passport so I had to take a photo of it and email it to them. 

6 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

The BBC mentioned that the NHS needs to embrace technology as some hospitals are using fax machines. I was at my GP last week to sort out my online app and they did not have a photocopier to take a copy of my passport so I had to take a photo of it and email it to them. 

i think it varies, my doc's see m to be fully IT'd up with everything joined up. i still can't get an appointment, not even when they text me to say i need to make one.

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

i think it varies, my doc's see m to be fully IT'd up with everything joined up. i still can't get an appointment, not even when they text me to say i need to make one.

Starmer was talking about people booking appointments and other stuff using NHS app.

NHS App does seem to be the preferred method of contact at the moment, I order my repeat prescriptions and keep track of my appointments using it. 

It is very slow in the mornings so they will need a serious server upgrade. Each NHS trust uses their own system for holding information. It's not all linked up yet so I have to change my address with multiple trusts.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

NHS App does seem to be the preferred method of contact at the moment

no good for appointments,  mine just loops into the appointments system and says none are available.

10 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Starmer saying lots of stuff about NHS this morning...whether you think it was good stuff or not probably depends on how you feel about starmer already...but lots of stuff about reforming and modernising...and I think he did say there would be more money.... 

ignorant bollocks some of it, he's going to reduce strokes, if a super-fit lifestyle couldn't save Michael johnson from a stroke, then there's nothing that can be done.

5 hours ago, Neil said:

ignorant bollocks some of it, he's going to reduce strokes, if a super-fit lifestyle couldn't save Michael johnson from a stroke, then there's nothing that can be done.

Your argument makes no sense. You’ve said there’s nothing that can be done which simply isn’t true. Just cause one super fit person had a stroke doesn’t mean being fit and healthy doesn’t reduce your chance of a stroke. Obviously there’s still just a luck factor.

Same reason that some people that have never smoked get lung cancer but some people that smoke a pack a day live to be 90. There’s a element of randomness to it but overall there’s things you can do to help your chances.

3 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

overall there’s things you can do to help your chances.

normally lifestyle changes, Michael johnson blows that one away - there's an element of randomness,  but no one know how that can be countered.

35 minutes ago, Neil said:

normally lifestyle changes, Michael johnson blows that one away 

No he doesn’t blow that one away. No doctor is saying do xyz and you’ll never die of a stroke/ cancer whatever, they’re saying do xyz and you will lower your chances significantly. Your logic is nonsensical.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

actually maybe that would be the price of a coalition..not PR, but rejoin!

fingers crossed on both ... im not sure how long the lines of we have to go with what the referendum says line will last if people are noticeably changing minds and feeling the pinch .  I dont think we will get a coalition tbh but think that ultimately that would be the best for Politics in this country