news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

actually maybe that would be the price of a coalition..not PR, but rejoin!

the eu will play the de gaulle game and make the libdems look silly.

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

the eu will play the de gaulle game and make the libdems look silly.

I wonder what they would do?...it would be a massive win for EU for UK to want to rejoin, but maybe some countries (like France) would play hard ball and make it difficult...but I think main thing would be worry about more instability...would UK rejoin then want to leave again (releave) in 5 years time etc etc forever. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I wonder what they would do?...it would be a massive win for EU for UK to want to rejoin,

tthey get that win, when the uk asks, not when it happens.

and don't forget we'd be re-joining on much worse terms than we had.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

t I think main thing would be worry about more instability...would UK rejoin then want to leave again (releave) in 5 years time etc etc forever. 

add a clause that the uk can't leave for 20 years.

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

tthey get that win, when the uk asks, not when it happens.

and don't forget we'd be re-joining on much worse terms than we had.

yeah, I'm sure...but I think EU would have us back no doubt, as long as we promised to not try that shit ever again. 

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Shocked to see coppers bullshitting to cover their arses.

lying coppers that's never happened before.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Rishi Sunak is pretty right wing.

I'm sure he won't be at all bothered about Johnson...not sure about Braverman, I expect he wants her gone, but will she cause more damage from the backbenches....she's obviously prepping to run for leader once they get demolished in the next election.

Also...is it a coincidence that all this shit is coming out now...just as super duper high bloody immigrant numbers are about to be released?

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I'm sure he won't be at all bothered about Johnson...not sure about Braverman, I expect he wants her gone, but will she cause more damage from the backbenches....she's obviously prepping to run for leader once they get demolished in the next election.

Also...is it a coincidence that all this shit is coming out now...just as super duper high bloody immigrant numbers are about to be released?

Look at Sunak's polices they all seem pretty right wing, it's funny that they think Johnson is to the right of Sunak.

39 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Look at Sunak's polices they all seem pretty right wing, it's funny that they think Johnson is to the right of Sunak.

yeah, I think he probably is pretty right wing, and maybe more right wing than Johnson although I'm not really sure what Johnson is...but I think he is maybe more pragmatic and less of a twat than Johnson...and probably wouldn't be unhappy that more bad shit is coming out about Johnson and Braverman. But yeah, the right of the party loves Johnson mostly because of brexit I guess, and probably think Sunak is a traitor.

France has banned internal flights. About time we did the same cos there's no need for anyone to fly those short distances when other decent travel options are available.