news & politics:discussion

zahidf

I quite like Charles too … and Harry (mainly because the daily fail hate him ) … although the idea of these people being born into such wealth is horrid amongst the poverty some are going through . I’ll shed more tears when ME departs … he’s had more influence on my life than the queen 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I quite like Charles too … and Harry (mainly because the daily fail hate him ) … although the idea of these people being born into such wealth is horrid amongst the poverty some are going through . I’ll shed more tears when ME departs … he’s had more influence on my life than the queen 

Same here, well almost, I'll shed no tears for either of them.

The closest I've come to shedding tears over the death of someone I didn't know personally was Amy Winehouse.

Although I have met ME on more than one occasion.

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Same here, well almost, I'll shed no tears for either of them.

The closest I've come to shedding tears over the death of someone I didn't know personally was Amy Winehouse.

Although I have met ME on more than one occasion.

Yeah, Amy Winehouse dying was tragic. I was pretty upset when John Peel died, and Mark E Smith, and Mark Hollis, and Andrew Weatherall...oh and Bill Turnbull.

The Royal family's whole thing is not to show any personality I kind of understand caring about an artist's death because you do feel like you know them through their work but whilst the Royals have always been around I only know how good she is at waving. 

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It could but twitter sources get commonly used … people can decide from that if they so wish 

I’m just saying that it might not be the best source of updates especially as things will move so quickly if something does happen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I’m just saying that it might not be the best source of updates especially as things will move so quickly if something does happen. 

I’ve got the tv … and also the reliable politics thread and tweets on here to keep me updated . I mean it’s pretty likely now … 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’ve got the tv … and also the reliable politics thread and tweets on here to keep me updated . I mean it’s pretty likely now … 

All I’m saying is about random Twitter account, they might not be the best source. I’m not attacking you. 

17 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

? I’d imagine they need to wait untill they are all there for any announcement? 

Think this is the case and she has already passed away. Every family member would not be called to Balmoral if there was an expectation she would survive.

It seems that they are delaying the announcement so every single important person in the UK and beyond can copy and paste the same 'thoughts and prayers' statement!

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

Not read all of the last 2 pages, but a few asked so...

To my knowledge, 10 days of mourning will be triggered, with only the last day (Funeral) being a public holiday.

Charles coronation will also be a holiday. 

What is the point of having 10 days of mourning if only the last day is a public holiday.

What are people expected to do on the other 9 days, wear black, never smile, no jokes, cry a lot ?

All I'll be doing is having a minimum 10 day media blackout.

26 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

What is the point of having 10 days of mourning if only the last day is a public holiday.

What are people expected to do on the other 9 days, wear black, never smile, no jokes, cry a lot ?

All I'll be doing is having a minimum 10 day media blackout.

There are other things, like no comedy on TV, books of condolence and other traditions that take place during these 10 days. 

Regardless of your opinion on the Royal family, surely expecting 10 days of mourning to mean 10 days of 'holiday' is a bit dark.