news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

This is all set up for an utter bastard who has avoided BoJo's cabinet and kept a low profile to now swoop in and take it. Someone like Jeremy Hunt who can be repackaged as a competent, moral Tory given the amount of nutters now floating around their ranks.

Apparently Gove has already ruled himself out. How about Javid or Zahawi? I disagree with his politics but the latter seems vaguely competent at least?

My favourite way to see Johnson's downfall would be in crushing general election loss but we are too far out from that so otherwise it would be losing a no confidence vote. I will take such delight if/when he falls.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

@Ozanne what’s your confidence in Boris Johnson … remaining PM as the gates open for Glastonbury as a % … in fact let’s take the forum feelings too 

me 10% 

100% crew

(sorry, wrong thread 😄)

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

100% crew

(sorry, wrong thread 😄)

Are we getting the old band back together!?

100% crew assembleeeee

Edited by Ozanne

6 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

When will they learn?! They need to be united to get the tories out!! Surely any Labour government, centrist or not, is better for them than any Tory govt 

You'd think so, wouldn't you...

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Hmmm I'm not so sure.

Not sure why. No point overthinking it. The Saville stuff was a debacle and all the rats are leaving a sinking ship 

Operation big dog has turned into 'the big dog has gone to live in a farm in the country'

Edited by zahidf