news & politics:discussion

zahidf

10 hours ago, steviewevie said:

This guy...

I don't know who this guy is, but the double standards here are so blatant that it practically is racism in and of itself. I'm beyond tired of people who think that anything less than someone wearing a KKK hood yelling the N-word in a black person's face, is not racism.

And the phrasing "ought to get him be unavailable to be picked" would be much more concise if he just said "cancelled", but my guess is, he is against "cancel culture".

My guess for tomorrow’s PMQs (if it’s on?)… Johnson makes a joke about the England football team being more effective opposition than the Labour government. The cronies fake laugh and that’s the matter closed. I imagine this team won’t let it lie though.

5 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

My guess for tomorrow’s PMQs (if it’s on?)… Johnson makes a joke about the England football team being more effective opposition than the Labour government. The cronies fake laugh and that’s the matter closed. I imagine this team won’t let it lie though.

They’ll probably steer clear of the football now and try to point out the vaccination program even if it has no relevance to the question whatsoever. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Missed the start of PMQs… Sounds like it is the same old?

I haven't watched for about a month, but he's still using the same old script.

Lots of questions about him refusing to condemn booing of taking the knee and Johnson not replying, while shoehorning in replies mentioning Brexit and the vaccine rollout (?!).

He also just pretended he is going to try and support the Green Man festival by getting it test status.

10 minutes ago, Homer said:

I haven't watched for about a month, but he's still using the same old script.

Lots of questions about him refusing to condemn booing of taking the knee and Johnson not replying, while shoehorning in replies mentioning Brexit and the vaccine rollout (?!).

He also just pretended he is going to try and support the Green Man festival by getting it test status.

I caught the Green Man part. Like he cares about that.

Patel not bothering to show up to answer the urgent question seems very poor?

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

Has this been confirmed by a neutral source yet? Feels like it should be a bigger story if so (like the US women’s team ignoring Trump): 

The most successful national team for over half a century, and BoJo hasn't got time for the obvious publicity boost...? What else is he doing? Changing nappies?

When it comes to the future of Labour I actually think the worst is still yet to come. Looking at Kier Starmer’s interview there and how he threw young people under the bus, I truly think he’s setting the party for a course similar to that of the Liberal Party in the early 1900s.

The young will swing to Green due to feeling pushed out of Labour, and all these sun readers Kier thinks he’s going to win over will not swing away from Tory. No chance at all any of those people he met that night will vote for Labour next election. They were most concerned about benefit scroungers… no chance they would vote Labour.

Kier will lose by a greater margin than Corbyn.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Matt42 said:

When it comes to the future of Labour I actually think the worst is still yet to come. Looking at Kier Starmer’s interview there and how he threw young people under the bus, I truly think he’s setting the party for a course similar to that of the Liberal Party in the early 1900s.

The young will swing to Green due to feeling pushed out of Labour, and all these sun readers Kier thinks he’s going to win over will not swing away from Tory. No chance at all any of those people he met that night will vote for Labour next election. They were most concerned about benefit scroungers… no chance they would vote Labour.

Kier will lose by a greater margin than Corbyn.

Well, going by your previous forecasts that's very good news for starmer.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Insecurity. A paranoid dictator sending folk off to the pogroms.

What is most exasperating is how the centre left Corbynites are smeared as being akin to the paranoid authoritarian communist regimes of Stalin or Kim Jong Un, and yet Corbyn opened up the party to democracy, never shied away from open debate or diversity of opinion. Contrast that to far right fascist Starmer. Things are so so bad now in the Labour party. Its lost all sense of morality, fairness, its lost its soul.

Edited by mattiloy

13 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

What is most exasperating is how the centre left Corbynites are smeared as being akin to the paranoid authoritarian communist regimes of Stalin or Kim Jong Un, and yet Corbyn opened up the party to democracy, never shied away from open debate or diversity of opinion. Contrast that to far right fascist Starmer. Things are so so bad now in the Labour party. Its lost all sense of morality, fairness, its lost its soul.

On this point - disappointed to see Biden’s approach to Cuba, presumably sanctioning the coup attempt (i guess because venezuela failed so the CIA needed something to do) - if your economic model is so superior, why do you need to enforce it with 60 year embargoes, and if that doesnt work, sponsored violent regime change. Unfettered capitalisms days are numbered, these pathetic last ditch attempts to exert control, be it by Starmer, the USA, whatever, we bare witness to the desperate flailing of a beaten foe.

Edited by mattiloy

9 hours ago, mattiloy said:

a leader reclaiming the party for what it stands for.. it doesn't exist to have jews or any of the other corbynistas likes!

9 hours ago, mattiloy said:

What is most exasperating is how the centre left Corbynites are smeared

its not smeared its how they were if you didn't agree with their every word then fuck off and join the tories

Edited by eFestivals