Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think people either way are mad to think Dua Lipa will be missing out Glastonbury. I actually think she needs some appearances to get back in the limelight.

Limelight? She's on the radio daily, had one of the biggest albums of last year multiple top 10 singles from it. Charted very well over in the US and is doing a huge arena tour there before coming back here to do one here, along with 2 nights at the O2. Oh and she just released a song with Elton John.

Shes doing fine. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Limelight? She's on the radio daily, had one of the biggest albums of last year multiple top 10 singles from it. Charted very well over in the US and is doing a huge arena tour there before coming back here to do one here, along with 2 nights at the O2. Oh and she just released a song with Elton John.

Shes doing fine. 

I cover my reply Floorfiller to this

38 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If you’ve turned on any mainstream pop radio station over the last two years you’d know she’s getting plenty of limelight despite not being able to tour. Seems like every sixth song being played is either one of hers or featuring her on some stations. 

The tour dates certainly do seem to indicate that she’ll be back, and perhaps the fact that they’ve possibly already got Taylor locked in for ‘24 means Dua is happy to take that Other slot again knowing she’s gonna have to wait a couple of years before she’s offered the big gig on the Pyramid anyway. No bad thing to be in Glastonbury’s good books with an assurance of all out headliner sometime soon. 

Where has this info come from?

I think Dua’s tour was going to be the type that sold out leading up to any respective date. Just because it didnt sell everything within the first 10 minutes of a sale does not make it a disappointment. Are they giving away tickets like candy for these gigs? If they were offering discounts then you could be concerned, but thats not the case.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Isn’t Dua set for another #1 this week? Limelight… how can you be more in the limelight.

I wish some people would just be honest and come forward that they haven’t got a clue what’s popular right now.

They just want to put down anything that isnt cool to them and say theyre a failure on the charts and selling tour tickets.

18 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Are we sure this is not just 'the industry' trying to make her the next big American act? 

Plenty popular over here already. No need to push it like you think. Won a Grammy for Pop album this year and is going to make the rounds of Radio festivals in December along with the arena tour which sold well so far. The surprise is potentially not hitting the u.s festival circuit until the late summer. Not going to be booked for Coachella which gives a lot of momentum for anything domestic. Probably headlines Lollapalooza because they have 8 spots to fill and can be a “headliner” in that aspect amongst other ones. And then from there on out will not be able to be billed lower than that at almost any other fest for north america.

51 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

They just want to put down anything that isnt cool to them and say theyre a failure on the charts and selling tour tickets.

You know I actually like Dua Lipa don't you and was bigging her up a while back now? I have openly praised her Leeds Festival slot previously so it's nothing to do with putting her down. It's an honest view on how I see it.

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

She’s absolutely back isn’t she. Man Glasto getting her on the other stage despite her current popularity is a great get. Crowd will be insane even against Macca.

She was always going to be there, question is whether she is there as a punter like she was in 2019 or if she is happy to take a step down to do the Other

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

It’ll be consequential either way. She’ll either be playing them all or none at all, imo. This could actually end up being the confirmation she won’t be there. 

Yes if we got a confirmation from Rosklide that she’s not there it would doubly confirm it for us.

Saying that, Kendrick was due to play Rosklide too. It will be interesting to see if he makes it onto the lineup. I wonder when other festivals are going to start announcing him.

11 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

It has now gone but the sweet little smidge of hope is that Taylors page on Ticketmaster did have her listed at one point. They jumped the gun or made an error? Could Neil be wrong about Macca or Kenny?

I’m not going there. I’m just going to register this as a ticketmaster error. Not setting myself up for the disappointment.

• Upvote 1

It'll be one of two things - either an accidental rollover by Ticketmaster from when she was definitely scheduled in 2020, or she's playing but they took it down because she's not ready to announce dates yet, but it's coming. Is there any kind of gap we know of in the Roskilde line up?

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I’m not going there. I’m just going to register this as a ticketmaster error. Not setting myself up for the disappointment.

Yeah I would think it’s cos she was down to play the previous one and they surfaced that by accident in preparation for the actual on sale with new names.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

It'll be one of two things - either an accidental rollover by Ticketmaster from when she was definitely scheduled in 2020, or she's playing but they took it down because she's not ready to announce dates yet, but it's coming. Is there any kind of gap we know of in the Roskilde line up?

This is all they’ve announced so far.

C78263CD-E990-4A46-B082-B0385D19B981.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Thats too big of an error to have made that type of mistake and  it not being real. It likely got crossed up with the links being updated for the days which are going to go onsale. I do hate the fact that I missed this earlier in the evening ( my time ) cause I at least wouldve been smart enough ( unlike them) to have clicked on the damn ticket page to see what else was in the link. But apparently screenshots from the listing are all anyone thinks is enough proof. And considering today is October 13th.......

edit: And with it stating June 29th thats a very specific date and not just a carryover from the original 2020 date of July 1st despite both being Wednesdays.

Edited by Suprefan

8 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Thats too big of an error to have made that type of mistake and  it not being real. It likely got crossed up with the links being updated for the days which are going to go onsale. I do hate the fact that I missed this earlier in the evening ( my time ) cause I at least wouldve been smart enough ( unlike them) to have clicked on the damn ticket page to see what else was in the link. But apparently screenshots from the listing are all anyone thinks is enough proof. And considering today is October 13th.......

edit: And with it stating June 29th thats a very specific date and not just a carryover from the original 2020 date of July 1st despite both being Wednesdays.

29th is the first date in the range that they’re selling tickets for, you can check that now. Surprised you didn’t actually, with you being smart enough to do that.

• Upvote 8