Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

I'm not a huge fan of the special guest speaker on the Pyramid kind of slot. It doesn't do anything for me at all. David Attenborough just felt like he was promoting his new show. I'm not sure how controversial of an opinion this is.

I loved the dalai lama doing his other speech 

16 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Shame if Sigrid's gone from 3rd down other to 3rd down JP. Did anyone else watch her 2019 Other set and spend the whole time thinking "she'll play Pyramid next year and smash it out the park"?

Unfortunately in the couple of years since then there’s been a wave of new pop stars who’ve all jumped ahead of her in terms of current popularity and she’s become somewhat old hat. I really like the stuff she’s released from her new album so far, but none of it seems to have really bothered the radio stations like Strangers did, and I doubt her album is gonna be any kind of massive success. 

Surprised to hear she’s not even top two in the JP, but I suppose that’s just how it goes. 

Interesting... was resigned to not seeing her on the Pyramid with inevitable clash central, on the JP might make that.

Maybe she will get added to sad girl indie day and sad girl day is in fact in JP not on the park, which is smart as it's still high ground i suppose.

51 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

yeah true... too happy, scrap that, stay away from the park stage Sigrid.

*Unless she's so sad about getting dabbed down there's a new album and she comes and joins the dark side of sad girl indie 🤞

Edited by mjfiddy

That would be a weird slot for Sigrid, her Other set in 2019 was very good in the main. But we were discussing this the other day and maybe she’s happy with smaller slots, not every artist needs to feel their popularity trajectory going like an Omnicron graph.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Think they’d want to headline.

Saturday Other Stage? About the right size for it and different crowd to macca - wouldn't like it myself but if it fits well it must be a possibility?

10 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Any info on Fontaines DC  IDLES  Caribou  or all guesswork at this stage?  

All guesswork but Caribou and Fontaines were both playing Park in 2020.

Caribou was/is being predicted by most people to headline the Park.

Fontaines have probably got a bit bigger since 2020 so they may have been moved up to another stage, or they could probably headline that stage, too.

IDLES we have nothing on. Most people predicting a mid-high Other slot for them but again it’s total guesswork.