Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

20 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Messaged Fat Boy Slim and am finally willing to admit he’s *checks notes* dabbed down on The Other stage slot…..

EBFF79F6-C77C-470A-8A9E-9E054D6C1EE9.thumb.png.5532515c0ac7af9ccd360a3dbd3e5148.png

ah that’s actually quite sad really (for him).

Edited - Misread - he’s headlining a silver Hayes stage sorry. 

Edited by MaxPower

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It wouldn’t make any sense him not being on the first poster if that was the case. Guess he was a last minute fill-in in 2020 like a lot of us suspected otherwise I don’t see why they wouldn’t have asked him back. 

No one will convince me otherwise.

I reckon a big other headliner said no in the lead up to the poster and they needed someone in asap.

So I’ve been bored and can’t sleep so looked through all the previous playlists and what we sort of know and IF people stick to the same stage as they did last times etc… this is what we have so far. (I appreciate some will change)

Pyramid - Macca, Billie, Kendrick, Di Ro, Easy Life, HAIM, NGHFB, Crowded House, Elbow, Herbie Hancock, Griff, Kacey Musgraves, Rufus Waingwright, (Local Band)

Other - Foals, PSB, Years and Years, Blossoms, Sam Fender, Declan McKenna, Liane La Havas, Skunk Anansie, Supergrass

WH - Bonobo, Celeste, Bicep, Nightmares On Wax, Little Simz, Angelique Kiojo, Greentea Peng, Nubya Garcia, Seaun Kuti & Egypt 80, TLC, Snarky Puppy

Acoustic - The Waterboys, The Undertones

John Peel - Beabadoobee, Burna Boy, Charlie XCX, Clairo, Glass Animals, JMAC, Primal Scream

Park Stage - Big Thief, Caribou, Cate Le Bon, Confidence Man, Fontaines DC, Jarv is, Khurangbin, Squid, The Avalanches, Sampa the great

We also have the remaining acts from the poster:

Amyl and the Sniffers, Arlo Parks, Black Midi, Caroline Polachek, Courtney Barrett, Doja Cat, Dry Cleaning, Emma Jean Thackeray, First Aid Kit, Four Tet, Gabriels, Ghetts, Girl in Red, Holly Humberstone, Idles, Inhaler, Jessie Ware, Joy Crookes, Koffee, Leon Bridges, Lorde, Megan Thee Stallion, Metronomy, Mitski, Olivia Rodrigo, Phoebe Bridgers, Plant & Krauss, Roision Murphy, Self Esteen, Sleaford Mods, Sigrid,

St Vincent, Tems, Turnstile, Warmdouscher, Wet Leg, Wolf Alice, Yves Tumour

Edited by sisco

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

No one will convince me otherwise.

I reckon a big other headliner said no in the lead up to the poster and they needed someone in asap.

The thing with this theory is that they knew Covid was going to banjax the festival by this point. The poster drop was more of a “this is what you could have had” thing. 

There’d be no reason to have FBS on the poster if he was a replacement. 

I think it’s much more plausible he was booked as a 50th/thank you type act, which is why I find it strange he’s not kept his position. 

He must be the only person on the 2020 poster who is playing 2022 but has a worse slot! 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

The thing with this theory is that they knew Covid was going to banjax the festival by this point. The poster drop was more of a “this is what you could have had” thing. 

There’d be no reason to have FBS on the poster if he was a replacement. 

I think it’s much more plausible he was booked as a 50th/thank you type act, which is why I find it strange he’s not kept his position. 

He must be the only person on the 2020 poster who is playing 2022 but has a worse slot! 

Idk things were pretty chaotic back then, I always saw the poster drop as a way of keeping some of the acts they had lined up for 2020 committed. If they weren’t announced it’s easier for them to not roll over / come back.

There probably was a very small part of the festival that had to push on and plan for 2020 despite the circumstances. In my job we had events we all knew would get cancelled but we still had to work as if they were going ahead it was a very weird time. No one knew what to do.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

So I’ve been bored and can’t sleep so looked through all the previous playlists and what we sort of know and IF people stick to the same stage as they did last times etc… this is what we have so far. (I appreciate some will change)

Pyramid - Macca, Billie, Kendrick, Di Ro, Easy Life, HAIM, NGHFB, Crowded House, Elbow, Herbie Hancock, Griff, Kacey Musgraves, Rufus Waingwright, (Local Band)

Other - Foals, PSB, Years and Years, Blossoms, Sam Fender, Declan McKenna, Liane La Havas, Skunk Anansie, Supergrass

WH - Bonobo, Celeste, Bicep, Nightmares On Wax, Little Simz, Angelique Kiojo, Greentea Peng, Nubya Garcia, Seaun Kuti & Egypt 80, TLC, Snarky Puppy

John Peel - Beabadoobee, Burna Boy, Charlie XCX, Clairo, Glass Animals, JMAC, Primal Scream

Park Stage - Big Thief, Caribou, Cate Le Bon, Confidence Man, Fontaines DC, Jarv is, Khurangbin, Squid, The Avalanches, Sampa the great

Amyl and the Sniffers, Arlo Parks, Black Midi, Caroline Polachek, Courtney Barrett, Doja Cat, Dry Cleaning, Emma Jean Thackeray, First Aid Kit, Four Tet, Gabriels, Ghetts, Girl in Red, Holly Humberstone, Idles, Inhaler, Jessie Ware, Joy Crookes, Koffee, Leon Bridges, Lorde, Megan Thee Stallion, Metronomy, Mitski, Olivia Rodrigo, Phoebe Bridgers, Plant & Krauss, Roision Murphy, Self Esteen, Sleaford Mods, Sigrid,

Looks pretty good except I can't see Easy Life anywhere but John Peel. They are most defo a tent band.

52 minutes ago, Slugy said:

Looks pretty good except I can't see Easy Life anywhere but John Peel. They are most defo a tent band.

Thought it was interesting that there’s already enough acts for 2 days on the pyramid with the likes of Olivia Rodrigo and no doubt a couple more on that poster that will defo be on that stage too.  Not really much else to come for the Pyramid in future announcements (IMO)

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Did Metronomy get confirmed for the Other stage?! Anyone know?

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Did Metronomy get confirmed for the Other stage?! Anyone know?

I don’t think they’ve been confirmed for this year but they were playing the Other stage in 2020. They have a warm-up gig on the Wednesday so I think they’ll play early afternoon Other stage on the Friday.

Just now, sisco said:

Thought it was interesting that there’s already enough acts for 2 days on the pyramid with the likes of Olivia Rodrigo and no doubt a couple more on that poster that will defo be on that stage too.  Not really much else to come for the Pyramid in future announcements (IMO)

I think there’s a missing sub, but that’s me. There are some acts we thought were pyramid but now on acoustic (The Waterboys etc).

At the moment is think pyramid looks like this - bearing in mind that easy life is a tba.

Friday

Billie Eilish
TBA
Elbow
Olivia Rodrigo
Kacey Musgraves
Crowded House
Rufus Wainwright

Saturday

Paul McCartney
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
HAIM
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
Sigrid
???
???

Sunday

Kendrick Lamar
Doja Cat
Lorde
Diana Ross
Arlo Parks
Herbie Hancock
Black Dyke Band

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think there’s a missing sub, but that’s me. There are some acts we thought were pyramid but now on acoustic (The Waterboys etc).

At the moment is think pyramid looks like this - bearing in mind that easy life is a tba.

Friday

Billie Eilish
TBA
Elbow
Olivia Rodrigo
Kacey Musgraves
Crowded House
Rufus Wainwright

Saturday

Paul McCartney
HAIM
Sigrid
???
???

Sunday

Kendrick Lamar
Doja Cat
Lorde
Diana Ross
Arlo Parks
Herbie Hancock
Black Dyke Band

Easy Life would look so out of place here!!!

You don't think MTS is Pyramid then? 

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Billie Eilish
TBA
Elbow
Olivia Rodrigo
Kacey Musgraves
Crowded House
Rufus Wainwright

Saturday

Paul McCartney
HAIM
Sigrid
???
???

Sunday

Kendrick Lamar
Doja Cat
Lorde
Diana Ross
Arlo Parks
Herbie Hancock
Black Dyke Band

Decent.  Could very well be complete looking at that and the poster. 

For some reason I thought we knew Crowded House were Sunday

Edited by sisco