U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

11 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

For the lulz. 

This could probably cost that designer their job especially if they analyse the original file. I think they will find themselves another job easily enough but not in a government role. 

They’d certainly be paid better on that case. 

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Fucking hell I was sure somebody was just taking the piss with that but it really is there if you zoom in on the picture. Baffling. The election result that keeps on giving.

Same... I must believe what I read on the internet more! 

This thread has been a lot of fun this last week. Kept lots of us entertained. 

I’ve noticed that there has been another race to 270 going on in the background. 

That target has now been reached so I have to concede and declare @Ozanne as the President of this thread. 

Nicely done. 

F1B6BBB6-3362-4DA6-89F4-98420A70554C.thumb.jpeg.dd97020c033891b72593f7ec4e60165a.jpeg

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve noticed that there has been another race to 270 going on in the background. 

That target has now been reached so I have to concede and declare @Ozanne as the President of this thread. 

Nicely done. 

F1B6BBB6-3362-4DA6-89F4-98420A70554C.thumb.jpeg.dd97020c033891b72593f7ec4e60165a.jpeg

It’s the honour of my lifetime to become President of this Thread, as my one and only manifesto pledge there will be cake for all. 🎂 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Government explanation

"As you’d expect, two statements were prepared in advance for the outcome of this closely contested election. A technical error meant that parts of the alternative message were embedded in the background of the graphic."

more text visible and it just shows you how bloody useless our Gov is if that's their excuse 

29 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Nicely done. 

I demand a recount.

Edited by steviewevie

44 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Nicely done. 

Wait, you're conceding? What are you, some kind of pussy? Surely you should be mounting some kind of legal challenge, declaring illegal posts, something like that? 😄

5 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Is anyone else getting a bit worried about the legal challenges? Especially now federal prosecutors are involved? And the Republicans still seem to be backing him to the hilt? Or tell me I’m wide of the mark and worrying about nothing.

He isnt contesting enough votes to overturn the election 

5 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Is anyone else getting a bit worried about the legal challenges? Especially now federal prosecutors are involved? And the Republicans still seem to be backing him to the hilt? Or tell me I’m wide of the mark and worrying about nothing.

Nah not too worried. Even if there IS something dodgy out there that they can find, they need to find it in multiple states affecting thousands and thousands of votes. Say they find something in Georgia - doesn’t really matter if they can’t also find something in PA.

This story about the edited image in the lacklustre response message to Biden's election is just baffling.  In what world would anyone just badly paint over the old message and type a new one in the same document rather than just creating a new one?  I'm looking forward to the government response, no doubt delivered from a garden centre in Kettering.

Edited by Spindles

37 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

There was no fraud. There would have been a few errors here and there, and they may turn those up, but I would guess just as many favour Trump anyway.

If it was possible to rig the election in this way, Trump would have done it, not Biden.

And the fact that Melania and The Kush are trying to get him to concede, means they know the truth of it and have seen no real evidence.

8 minutes ago, Spindles said:

This story about the edited image in the lacklustre response message to Biden's election is just baffling.  In what world would anyone just badly paint over the old message and type a new one in the same document rather than just creating a new one?  I'm looking forward to the government response, no doubt delivered from a garden centre in Kettering.

Press conference coming from Number 10 in Westminster any moment now...

image.thumb.png.50434e459bf4bb8ca3c14cdef3aac02c.png

Or... Number Ten in Warminster...?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Spindles said:

They went with technical error... errr yeah sure :huh: