news & politics:discussion

zahidf

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I guess we need to know which of these parties he was at, or knew about..? Even the one in his flat, he could have been away and Carrie had some friends round for drinkies darling like she's apparently minded to do.

The Dec 13th party was when he sacked Cummings. He was around 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

well...at moment the judge and jury are the Tory MPs, and they have more to think about than whether he is actually guilty or not. I guess eventually the public will decide...but by then they may have forgotten about all this.

No comment yet from ANY Tory mp since the redacted report came out  - interesting!

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

simon case is fucked ... he will go as todays sacrificial lamb surely 

That’s what I mean, because it doesn’t say Johnson specifically and show clear evidence of what he’s done he can just ignore it and find a scapegoat. It’s set out what it meant to do. 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

what will be a killer for Johnson is one of the bigwigs in cabinet resigns over this...Sunak or Javid maybe, can't see it at moment though.

I'm a bit disappointed the dominoes didn't start toppling after Davies called on him to go. I'd assumed that would be part of a larger coordinated attack.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That’s what I mean, because it doesn’t say Johnson specifically and show clear evidence of what he’s done he can just ignore it and find a scapegoat. It’s set out what it meant to do. 

doesnt matter especially when stuff in his flat is being investigated