Football 2020/2021

zahidf

23 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Should be good mate. Be interesting to see how Tuchel sets you up.

Yep. Our biggest test yet no doubt. We did well in our recent "tough run of fixtures" but City are a different beast entirely. Our lot will definitely be up for the challenge. Not like a few years ago where we just sat behind the ball and wouldn't even try to win it back. Looking forward to it.

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I actually wouldn’t bet against Chelsea snuffing City out.

Mourinho to shithouse his way to the League Cup.

Bayern go out score them over two legs...

City end with just the title.

Shall we have a charity bet then? Nothing stupid, say a fiver for each trophy? You can pick the charity.

9 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I actually think it will be a bad game as most top 4 games are. As annoying as Brendan can be, I hope Leicester or Southampton win the cup.

Very possible and you're right they do usually pan out more conservatively. With a place in the final at stake it could be a case of who will blink first. I'm not expecting City Chelsea to be a 5 goal thriller but tactically I think it is an intriguing match up.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

To be honest from what I've observed from years of watching football I wouldn't want to be a fan of United/City/Liverpool/Arsenal/etc. 

I am not sure how you can put City in that same bracket. I see more similarities between City and West Brom, than I do between the clubs you mention.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

To be honest from what I've observed from years of watching football I wouldn't want to be a fan of United/City/Liverpool/Arsenal/etc. 

Yeah. It's really shit winning trophies. Granted Liverpool have many annoying fans, I just do my best to ignore them and concentrate on the many sound ones.

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

I am not sure how you can put City in that same bracket. I see more similarities between City and West Brom, than I do between the clubs you mention.

I dunno. I've not seen West Brom fans being convinced the world is against them and every defeat is the result of a conspiracy. City fans make Qanon believers seem reasonable. 

29 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah. It's really shit winning trophies. Granted Liverpool have many annoying fans, I just do my best to ignore them and concentrate on the many sound ones.

It's the constant moaning, griping, entitlement feeling victimised (despite being more privileged than 99% of clubs out there), the way they take over all conversation and general spoilt-ness that I hate about fans of the "big" clubs.

I've been around long enough to know that not all United/City/Liverpool/etc fans are not like that, but sadly it's always the dumbest who are the most vocal...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's the constant moaning, griping, entitlement feeling victimised (despite being more privileged than 99% of clubs out there), the way they take over all conversation and general spoilt-ness that I hate about fans of the "big" clubs.

I've been around long enough to know that not all United/City/Liverpool/etc fans are not like that, but sadly it's always the dumbest who are the most vocal...

Absolutely, football Twitter is a complete cess pit. I don't know what's worse, the people who respond with child like bollocks like "Cry more", "small club" etc. or the people who then respond to them and it degenerates into insults. I'm convinced they're all 12 year old kids.

6 hours ago, eastynh said:

10 years ago I’d agree. 5 years ago I’d probably agree. Now...? Hmm neither agree nor disagree. Another 5-10 years of success and you’ll be no different to any of the others. 

It’s inevitable sadly. I want my club to win the FA Cup. I really do not want my club to win the lottery like Chelsea, Man City etc. In fact, I’d sooner get relegated to the conference. 

Chelsea were in the final three times in six seasons before they won the lottery. Four times in nine seasons if you go back further.

Anyway the beauty of the cup is definitely that the likes of Cardiff, Portsmouth, Hull, Stoke, Wigan etc can make the final (even though some people think it has lost its credibility in recent seasons, I personally think it's absolutely worth winning).

Edited by jyoung