Football 2020/2021

zahidf

35 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I think you're conflating 2 different issues. Restricting debate is not the same as thinking people should take responsibility for the consequences of what they tweet.

You mentioned Katie Hopkins, and a large criticism of her is that she refuses to stop inciting hate. Ditto Priti Patel. 

The right to say something doesn't mean there's no responsibility not to. 

See I don't think I am. A large proportion of the country agree with what the likes of Patel says, we personally don't. At the same time Patel gets a level of  abuse that she wouldn't get for saying exactly the same thing as a man. Who is to play the deciding role which woman need protecting and which don't? Which woman views are acceptable and which not?

I think if you are a pundit and you say something about a player or team then that player or team deserve a right to reply. As I have said no issues with criminal action against anyone abusing on social media.

43 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

See I don't think I am. A large proportion of the country agree with what the likes of Patel says, we personally don't. At the same time Patel gets a level of  abuse that she wouldn't get for saying exactly the same thing as a man. Who is to play the deciding role which woman need protecting and which don't? Which woman views are acceptable and which not?

I think if you are a pundit and you say something about a player or team then that player or team deserve a right to reply. As I have said no issues with criminal action against anyone abusing on social media.

Very few clubs bother with calling out pundits on social media. Leeds were either being ignorant or dismissive of the consequences. The fact they left it up after she started getting abuse, without any sort of statement saying that anyone found doing it wouldn't be welcome at games in the future, suggests the latter to me. 

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Because when you look at it from the other angle, you can see it's not a penalty.

And when you looked at the Pogba incident, you could see the defender knocked his leg which forced him to trip over himself.

Was it a penalty? I don't know but I can see why it was given. What it wasn't is blatant cheating.

26 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

And when you looked at the Pogba incident, you could see the defender knocked his leg which forced him to trip over himself.

Was it a penalty? I don't know but I can see why it was given. What it wasn't is blatant cheating.

You think 33 penalties in less than a season and a half is normal? The Pogba one was blatant cheating. He was not fouled, remember you have to be fouled to get a penalty. Just like the Chelsea player was not fouled. Difference is Pogba flicked his own foot and flopped over.

I'd Pogba a cheat? The evidence suggests he is.

https://twitter.com/johnmerro1/status/1345124353491537920?s=20

19 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I hope these idiotic footballers breaking Covid guidance are going to be properly disciplined and not just a slap on the wrist.

Agreed - though the fact that Mourinho broke the rules himself before may undermine that somewhat!