Slam Dunk Festival 2021

foolee

Hey all, this is based on nothing but I wouldn't be surprised if they got Neck Deep to headline last minute, it makes so much sense to me; new album released since they last played, British, they play Reading & Leeds the week before then have nothing planned until November, and it's Neck Deep - they've been tipped to be the next big thing in Pop Punk since LNOTGY.

I'd be a bit disappointed because I've seen them twice and like most people couldn't get into their last album but it ticks all the boxes for a last minute headline choice - and they'd absolutely do it I imagine.

29 minutes ago, tomwd99 said:

Hey all, this is based on nothing but I wouldn't be surprised if they got Neck Deep to headline last minute, it makes so much sense to me; new album released since they last played, British, they play Reading & Leeds the week before then have nothing planned until November, and it's Neck Deep - they've been tipped to be the next big thing in Pop Punk since LNOTGY.

I'd be a bit disappointed because I've seen them twice and like most people couldn't get into their last album but it ticks all the boxes for a last minute headline choice - and they'd absolutely do it I imagine.

There's not a spot for a headliner. They've essentially binned the stage Sum 41 were on

3 hours ago, tomwd99 said:

they've been tipped to be the next big thing in Pop Punk since LNOTGY

6 years ago that came out, can't be the next big thing forever! The Peace & The Panic and All Distortions Are Intentional have their moments but come nothing near to LNOTGY for me, shame 

I think they'll get the Waterparks slot for next year instead

Special guests that are all possible: Neck Deep, Boston Manor, Frank Turner (solo)? Would like to say Fever 333 because they're over until at least the Tuesday before Slam Dunk but unlikely

Edited by LazyDavid

2 hours ago, jump said:

I was thinking of maybe an acoustic Blink 182 secret set since they have done that in the past plus Hoppus lives in the UK and Skiba is there too but it depends on how Hoppus is doing with the cancer treatment.

Hoppus hasn’t lived in the UK for like 5+ years now. Moved back to LA before California even came out, visa ran I believe was the reason he cited. Plus, with his cancer treatment it’s fair to say that blink won’t be actively touring or playing show for a good while. 

1 hour ago, thatTFBguy said:

Hoppus hasn’t lived in the UK for like 5+ years now. Moved back to LA before California even came out, visa ran I believe was the reason he cited. Plus, with his cancer treatment it’s fair to say that blink won’t be actively touring or playing show for a good while. 

I didn’t realise he went back to the States but just because he has cancer doesn’t mean it’s impossible for him to play even though I don’t thinks it’s likely. For example Tony Iommi managed to do a world tour with Black Sabbath with him returning to the States every few weeks for treatments.

18 hours ago, jump said:

I was thinking of maybe an acoustic Blink 182 secret set since they have done that in the past plus Hoppus lives in the UK and Skiba is there too but it depends on how Hoppus is doing with the cancer treatment.

ha i love the optimism! Maybe rein in the expectation a little. I think a Frank Turner acoustic bit is most likely. Gotta be either Boston Manor or pleeeease Neck Deep for the secret set. 

Stray From The Path are out: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSmDlFGKGAd/

"reynlord

hello. last week I fell off some shit, cracked a couple of ribs and fractured the t9 vertebrae in my back. i’m fine/gonna be fine just can’t twist currently so not gonna be able to play drums for a bit. this means to be safe we have to pull out of slam dunk. sorry. big up the NHS. big up everyone who was there for me. big love to you all."

44 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

No replacement for SFTP. That stage will end early so WSS don't clash with Broco.

That's fucked things up as While She Sleeps now clashes with Frankie T who were the big draws for me.

Don Broco are fun but I’ve seen them enough times before and with how both NoFX and the trains can be iffy I may just leave early to avoid the crowds.

Edited by jump

43 minutes ago, jump said:

That's fucked things up as While She Sleeps now clashes with Frankie T who were the big draws for me.

Don Broco are fun but I’ve seen them enough times before and with how both NoFX and the trains can be iffy I may just leave early to avoid the crowds.

Same here, my plan was Frank Turner into WSS (love that random combo), completely ruined that now! 

The clashfinder is now saying While She Sleeps and Frank Turner clash even more now. 

I wouldn't expect the same size acts but I'd like to see smaller bands added to the start of the day and bump everyone else up at least. I'm sure acts like Florence Black, Bob Vylan, Never Not Nothing, Nova Twins, Hands Off Gretel or whoever who are touring at the moment would be happy with a last minute step in offer.

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, jump said:

The clashfinder is now saying While She Sleeps and Frank Turner clash even more now. 

I wouldn't expect the same size acts but I'd like to see smaller bands added to the start of the day and bump everyone else up at least. I'm sure acts like Florence Black, Bob Vylan, Never Not Nothing, Nova Twins, Hands Off Gretel or whoever who are touring at the moment would be happy with a last minute step in offer.

Frank is headlining Mosely Folk Festival in Brum on Saturday too so may be playing an earlier set? I'm hoping they don't clash too. Would be great if Bob Vylan or NNN turn up

Edited by sacred shape

24 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Someone commented on Facebook that they had messaged Craig and he confirmed they can't come over from the US due to quarantining. Can't find it now but it was in the SD21 group or one of the SD posts

Must mean one of them (or more) hasn't vaccinated. Shame for those that wanted to see them.

2 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Frank is headlining Mosely Folk Festival in Brum on Saturday too so may be playing an earlier set? I'm hoping they don't clash too. Would be great if Bob Vylan or NNN turn up

if Frank is moved meaning Alkaline Trio clash with Waterparks then I may just go for it.