BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Great cover band singer... I think if you can headline the pyramid stage you should have enough of your own songs.. Otherwise just get the real bands up there 

Don't pearl Jam do like 5 covers every set?

Personally I find them annoying in a live set

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

To be fair covers are meat and drink to most headliners though. They pretty much all do them, get the neutrals onside. And it isn’t like she didn’t have enough of her own songs.

Just watching Arthur Lee et al doing a cover right now (but can't for the life of me remember the Title or original artist. I know Rush covered it on their Feedback album though).

12 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Does anyone know if the BBC plan to show their “greatest headliners” show again? It was in the format of a A-Z of Glastonbury and they made last year? 

I would love to watch it again, but can’t find it on the internet anywhere and Iplayer isn’t showing it...

EDIT -  Emily Eavis: Field of Dreams was another one I’d like to watch again. 

The internet is undefeated, enjoy.

https://mega.nz/file/KUl3VQLA#A26TUMuYZac6VkY1HqHwxNTLZxUZ-ke4-VCFQoQGQy0

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, a6l6e6x said:

Don't pearl Jam do like 5 covers every set?

Personally I find them annoying in a live set

I was just gonna say this, when I saw them they did like 5 cover songs. Infact their last big gig at Fenway Park they did 6.

Beyonce did like 3? Prince/KOL/At Last (which she sang in a film so I wouldn't personally count this) 

11 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I'd seen them once before and been moderately impressed. It was an absolute roaster. That set was a petrol bomb, a rocketship to Mars, a Cadillac full of mescaline and JD. I've never felt power like that from a band at Glasto (including Metallica) before. I was halfway back and was hyperventilating by the end.

Exactly the same experience.  I'd seen them at Reading a few years before when they were on before Rage and they were ok, but nothing special.  That Other stage set was something else, alright.

I'm a couple and a bit drinks in and really want to watch that Oasis set now. But Beyonce and Arthur Lee are so good (wasn't at and have never seen either).

And as I type AL has finished and I think I'm going to stick with BBC4

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't we just skirt around this guy cos of reasons?

Which guy? (Hey, it wouldn't be Glastonbury if I didn't get a little bit paranoid at some point).

15 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Similar story here for London Stadium '18.

I'd already been the week before. They obviously hadn't sold out the second week so they put out lucky dip tickets at £70 a pair (cheapest for just one the week before were £100+ iirc).

Long story short, we were offered a fan of about a dozen envelopes when we got there. I made my friend make the selection (as I had got us there and wasn't going to be responsible for picking out a pair in the gods at the back).

She only pulled out a pair of Golden Circles.

Two £200+ tickets for £70.

(Now, the cynical may say that they were all pairs of Golden or Platinum in that fan of envelopes, as there's no way The Rolling Stones could be seen to be playing to a half full front of house. But I usually prefer to leave that bit out of this particular anecdote).

Yeah, when I had gotten them, there was a couple behind me which had gotten them for the prior gig and then pulled upper level after me, so no way were the selections you had only golden circle. Still great luck to get those kinds of tickets at that price.