Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

What's the deal with Aerosmith then? It seems like such an odd choice to keep them off the poster... Has it ever been confirmed by anyone (or even mentioned) after the date leak?

I assume they such a big coup Glastonbury wanted to announce them as a surprise. 

Outside of internet circles I doubt anyone knew they had been leaked. So, even if they're booked again, they can announce them as special guests. 

36 minutes ago, sisco said:

Friday:

Kendrick Lamar, Lana Del Rey, Elbow, Rufus Wainwright + 3

Saturday:

Paul McCartney, NGHFB, HAIM, Crowded House + Aerosmith + 2

Sunday:

Taylor Swift, Diana Ross, The Specials + Local Band + 3

Unknown Day - Candi Station, Camilla Cabello, Sinead O’Conner, Herbie Hancock, Kasey Musgraves

So we were 3 short in total. 

3ee.jpg

26 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

She was playing Lollapalooza Stockholm on Sunday (along with Kacey Musgraves and Kendrick) so I reckon they all would have played Friday Pyramid.

Kendrick - Lana - Elbow - Camilla - Kacey then? Elbow aside (for me) that’s so damn stacked. 

Kendrick Lamar , Lana Del Rey, Elbow, Camilla Cabello, Rufus Wainwright, Kacey Musgraves, ??

Macca, NGHFB, Aerosmith, HAIM, Crowded House, Herbie Hancock, Candi Staton

Taylor, ??, ??, Diana Ross, The Specials, Sinéad O’Conner, Local Band

Something like that?

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Kendrick Lamar , Lana Del Rey, Elbow, Camilla Cabello, Rufus Wainwright, Kacey Musgraves, ??

Macca, NGHFB, Aerosmith, HAIM, Crowded House, Herbie Hancock, Candi Staton

Taylor, ??, ??, Diana Ross, The Specials, Sinéad O’Conner, Local Band

Something like that?

Yup. No idea at this point.

Still saying that they had Billie subbing Taylor but it was being saved for its own announcement. We did have someone with info she was playing. Also she was one of the only artists around during summer which couldn’t be ruled out.

Edited by Matt42

On 4/22/2020 at 1:26 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Friday – Kendrick, Fatboy Slim, Thom Yorke, Editors, London Grammar (?)

Saturday – Macca, Dua Lipa, Isley Brothers, Primal Scream, Manics

Sunday – Taylor, Pet Shop Boys, Kano, Charli XCX, Caribou (?)

Friday looks the weakest (or at least most standard fare), King Kenny excepted. 

Well there's that little thing of Thom Yorke headlining your West Holts Stage. Can't stress enough how excellent his current liveshow is. 

14 minutes ago, misterplow said:

Well there's that little thing of Thom Yorke headlining your West Holts Stage. Can't stress enough how excellent his current liveshow is. 

and surely for Glastonbury he would do what he did with his secret set in 2010 and do some Radiohead songs: Reckoner, some tunes off Kid A that are similar to his music and finish off on Karma Police.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Spelling

37 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

and surely for Glastonbury he would do what he did with his secret set in 2010 and do some Radiohead songs: Reckoner, some tunes off Kid A that are similar to his music and finish off on Karma Police.

MPS and Spinning Plates pls.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Wasn't the 2010 show a one off gig?  This was part of a tour and would probably just have had a similar setlist.

It was a secret set yea, had some Thom songs then played Radiohead with Jonny. Maybe end with a couple of Radiohead songs though. They did Spectre and Like Spinning Plates when he ends his set so I could see a few songs more well known to end, especially for Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah. I was there. I meant more that it wasn't part of a tour and so less likely to have a predictable setlist 

Of course, I saw him a few times and only the odd unknown song for the general fan off Amnesiac or Kid A and a B Side to end. It might be blind optimism but I would hope he would do some Radiohead songs to end. If Kendrick isn't there, Thom on WH will be so good.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyway, I do tend to agree that Kendrick aside there's not much to get excited about in the other Friday options.  Slim pickings. 

Yeah no pyramid headliner that matches the excitement of Kendrick then I'll be at West Holts for Thom, ANIMA was a great album and haven't seen him with the ANIMA songs in setlist yet (mainly cause those shows were cancelled). Would love to know the Friday headliner for 2021 so I can decide to buy a Manchester gig ticket for him if I'm missing him at Glastonbury, though the Glasto show will be special.

3 hours ago, The Dawg said:

Yes, TMC said Williams Green and another stage that they couldn't remember the name of!

Leftfield perhaps? Fontaines played both of those last year. Or Rabbit Hole if they fancy a crazy one.

Another good WG lineup anyway, though not quite as strong as last year imo. Always enjoy spending time there.

2 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

He doesn't need that in this setup.

I expected a good gig when I was going to see him, but ultimately hos show i saw last year turned out to be the best gig I've seen all year, surpassing even some Radiohead gigs. That TMB show is brilliant, and it's been improved a lot after te release of ANIMA (and Suspiria, because hot damn Has Ended sounded great in real life). 

Not in my whole life will I forget these Dawn Chorus and Twist performances.  

Edited by misterplow

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyway, I do tend to agree that Kendrick aside there's not much to get excited about in the other Friday options.  Slim pickings. 

I’m quite happy about this. Kendrick was my #1 must see pick for the weekend. Not having any clashes suits me just fine.