Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Cave planning to do two months of arenas into June and no festivals this year is enough of an indicator that he also won’t be doing it next year.

I had been expecting arenas this year and festivals next year but I wouldn't be surprised if he just skipped festivals entirely for this tour now. Pushes the triumphant Pyramid headline set back a few years but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Acts might be wanting to do a bigger tour next year as well to recoup some of the losses from this year. Some that were just doing arena tours might be wanting to squeeze in some festivals as well?

Money aside I bet they’ll just want to be out there playing again. 

The fans at those first gigs back are going to be going off!

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Money aside I bet they’ll just want to be out there playing again. 

The fans at those first gigs back are going to be going off!

Dub Pistols have announced for Brighton in November as always. If gigs are back on that is going to be absolutely insane.

45 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

The Isley Brothers have just been announced for the Love Supreme festival in 2021, start of July, which would suggest the West Holts slot may still happen

Looks to me like a lot of acts were indeed offered slots for next year.  I think next year is going to be quite close to the 2020 lineup.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Looks to me like a lot of acts were indeed offered slots for next year.  I think next year is going to be quite close to the 2020 lineup.

Seems that way from early indications. Blue Dot have the same headliners for next year as well.

Promising news for those of us wanting the same Glastonbury headliners! Hopefully BST drop some info at the start of May (come onnnn Taylor)

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I imagine all acts will be offered their slots for next year. Some will accept, some will decline, the gaps where acts have declined will be plugged by those available in 2021.

3 hours ago, jparx said:

Seems that way from early indications. Blue Dot have the same headliners for next year as well.

Promising news for those of us wanting the same Glastonbury headliners! Hopefully BST drop some info at the start of May (come onnnn Taylor)

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I imagine all acts will be offered their slots for next year. Some will accept, some will decline, the gaps where acts have declined will be plugged by those available in 2021.

Mmm I originally took a more pessimistic approach that they would want to start 2021 afresh. I guess my only metric for thinking that was that when acts do cancel they rarely get booked the next year and instead on their next touring cycle - for example, Foo Fighters.

Maybe that’s a big headliner problem though and not for those lower down the lineup. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Mmm I originally took a more pessimistic approach that they would want to start 2021 afresh. I guess my only metric for thinking that was that when acts do cancel they rarely get booked the next year and instead on their next touring cycle - for example, Foo Fighters.

Maybe that’s a big headliner problem though and not for those lower down the lineup. 

I’ve said before that I thought the same acts who would have toured and done festivals this year will do next instead and it’s starting to show with re-bookings and rearranged tour dates for 2021 already.

You're right about it being different though for bigger acts.  Sure people like Taylor and Kendrick would have pencilled huge tours well in advance that may clash (they may have had them in 2020, no idea as I’m not really a fan). 

Pohoda in Slovakia confirmed a bunch of acts had agreed to switch over to 2021 yesterday: The Libertines, Metronomy, Wolf Alice, Archive, Emel Mathlouthi, black midi, Hatari, Shame, Kokoroko, Marina Satti & Fonés, Black Country, New Road, Bazzookas, Wooze, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, PENGSHUi, Asmâa Hamzaoui & Bnat Timbouktou, Space Lady, Malox, Crack Cloud, Murman Tsuladze, Shht, PoiL and Trupa Trupa.

Its a couple of weeks after Glasto, and I can't be arsed to work out who was on both lineups (not loads I don't think) - but I think you can probably assume anyone who has deferred will probably do the same for Glasto. 

Couple who didn't postpone are Stormzy, FKA Twigs, Thom Yorke, Slowthai, and Purity Ring. 

35 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Couple who didn't postpone are Stormzy, FKA Twigs, Thom Yorke, Slowthai, and Purity Ring. 

Interesting. I wonder whether it’s too early for those acts to commit or something, and maybe they are unsure of their own plans.