Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

17 hours ago, Matt42 said:

It’s probably way too early for an act like McCartney to agree to a 2021 summer gig. I think if Taylor and Kendrick reschedule then yes, but doesn’t Macca wait a bit before signing dotted lines?

Macca’s UK based and almost certainly doesn’t have the same extensive schedule that the likes of Taylor have. He can almost certainly wait before committing.

Health permitting I’m sure he’ll do it though, seems the sort who’d want to come back and fulfil his booking.

I spoke to a friend last night over the phone who is/was coming with my group this year. I said that some artists are announcing 2021 dates around glasto so it’s likely they are coming back. They responded surprised saying “oh I just assumed the lineup would be completely the same anyway”.

I guess my doubts of a total lineup rollover are because sometimes we can’t have nice things. However, this is a bit unprecedented so we don’t really have any event to compare this with. I don’t think we have seen an entire year (pretty much) of concerts get cancelled before. Getting pretty much everyone back onboard might be easier than it sounds. If some acts haven’t sorted any 2021 dates yet they might be easy to secure.

This makes me think Kendrick might be an easy headliner to rollover. I can’t see him sorting any 2021 dates yet as his new album isn’t out yet and it’s probably not clear yet what kind of demand he can pull off the back of a new release. 

I think the hardest act to get back is probably Diana. If they actually did book Aerosmith they might have difficulties if they are playing rescheduled dates of their Vegas residency. 

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Au contraire, Blackadder. Her UK tour is all off the back of her Legends Slot, with a special UK-focussed setlist. Given that her tour is sure to get canned, she's likely to just shift the whole thing forward a year.

The more we discuss this the more I realise the artist least likely to return is Lana :( 

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If they actually did book Aerosmith they might have difficulties if they are playing rescheduled dates of their Vegas residency. 

I can’t see Aerosmith rolling over unfortunately. Really did seem like a once in a lifetime kind of thing where everything lined up just right. Hopefully I’m wrong, but considering they weren’t announced and were obviously supposed to be a big surprise act I can imagine they could quite easily just decide against doing it next year.

Hopefully the headliners are rolled over, it's not hyperbole to say it's the best trio the place would ever have seen. Absolute power.

Also might mean that any inevitable arctic monkeys return is pushed back to 2023, 10 years later is a good amount for me. I love em and 2013 is the only year I've missed since 09 so I want them back and can't be arsed with any eye rolling about them being regulars ahah.

56 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Hopefully the headliners are rolled over, it's not hyperbole to say it's the best trio the place would ever have seen. Absolute power.

Also might mean that any inevitable arctic monkeys return is pushed back to 2023, 10 years later is a good amount for me. I love em and 2013 is the only year I've missed since 09 so I want them back and can't be arsed with any eye rolling about them being regulars ahah.

What’s happening in 2022?

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

What’s happening in 2022?

Nout. I'm just hoping. I guess there's an argument though that were gonna be dealing with the pushback of headliners for a year or 2, they must have had chats with people about 2021 that you'd think would be pushed back.

Just now, priest17 said:

Nout. I'm just hoping. I guess there's an argument though that were gonna be dealing with the pushback of headliners for a year or 2, they must have had chats with people about 2021 that you'd think would be pushed back.

I’d be very surprised if AM weren’t already in the frame for 21 before any of this happened.

My guess is, as long as they have new album later this year/early next, they’ll be the first act called if any of this year’s three back out.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’d be very surprised if AM weren’t already in the frame for 21 before any of this happened.

My guess is, as long as they have new album later this year/early next, they’ll be the first act called if any of this year’s three back out.

I guess that my hope is that all of this leaves us with an abundance of headliners, there shouldn't be any need for calling anyone on a whim for a couple of years

Foals haven't even done it yet.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Tough call for Emily: ask Taylor Swift back after her turn was cancelled or give the Arctic Monkeys a third opportunity to absolutely shit themselves.

That isn’t the call though is it?

I don’t think there’s any doubt they’d give Swift et al first dibs. They’ll only call AM if any of the current three say no.

Edited by Hugh Jass