The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

9 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

The Pogues?

No, but still on the right track genre-wise.

This band that 'toured' Glastonbury one year is very much a band when they play live, but only one member has been constant throughout their history. He has said that they have had more members go through their ranks than the Fall!

3 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

No, but still on the right track genre-wise.

This band that 'toured' Glastonbury one year is very much a band when they play live, but only one member has been constant throughout their history. He has said that they have had more members go through their ranks than the Fall!

The Waterboys?

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The Waterboys?

We have a winner!  I thought that my user name would have been the biggest giveaway.

In 2007 the Waterboys headlined the Avalon on Friday, the Acoustic on Saturday and they played an early slot on the Pyramid on the Sunday.  I went to all three shows.  It was hard work as that was one of the muddiest years!  Mike Scott wrote a lovely blog about it that sadly has fallen off their website.  On Twitter I have tried asking him for a link.

Next question @stuartbert two hats.  

And a link to 'The Glastonbury Song'!  They still play it live all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B3ShtnetRc

1 hour ago, Watergirl said:

We have a winner!  I thought that my user name would have been the biggest giveaway.

In 2007 the Waterboys headlined the Avalon on Friday, the Acoustic on Saturday and they played an early slot on the Pyramid on the Sunday.  I went to all three shows.  It was hard work as that was one of the muddiest years!  Mike Scott wrote a lovely blog about it that sadly has fallen off their website.  On Twitter I have tried asking him for a link.

Next question @stuartbert two hats.  

And a link to 'The Glastonbury Song'!  They still play it live all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B3ShtnetRc

Which band headlined Other the day after subbing the Pyramid?

5 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Hawkwind, Madness - no.

The band in question has played regularly over the years. Their first Glastonbury appearance was in 1986.

The Waterboys first appearance was actually 1984, first act that played on the Saturday - same day as The Smiths

Edited by henry bear

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

The Waterboys first appearance was actually 1984, first act that played on the Saturday - same day as The Smiths

Oh wow. The first one I was aware of was ‘86. I did wonder if there was an earlier appearance since they had been going for a while by then. Thanks for that info!

I realise the lead singer is missing so here he is. Also thinking this is a crap question. 

anyway, the story behind the photo is that I was due to help introduce a band on this stage with my mate and we pulled everything out the bag to get it together and get there on time. 

we walked about on stage whilst this band were setting up and thought that’s a lot amps for such a delicate act. 

then we realised our mistake, we got the day wrong and were 24 hours early!

I stayed and watched from the stage pit. They were the loudest band I’ve ever seen.

29452A65-AAB8-4EBA-BDA4-8C37530BAF02.thumb.jpeg.26841fac8ac76d9f18b403c7c4c138bd.jpeg

33 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

enough to influence your spelling ? 4 ? 

Yes, also enough I shouldn’t be doing signs for glasthomebury at the moment

17 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

It's a trick question, you're on Red Stripe.

I cycled to the offie and changed it up 

12 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Good spot :)

Can you even remember the answer @blutarsky?

5 pint cans of carlseberg, 2 bottles of corona and 4 red stripe so YES 

E51435C3-9FB7-42E5-A474-0EBCD3ED4876.jpeg