The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

32 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Is this some sort of trick question why it's not '94 Channel 4?  Because given your qualification about not including films, I can't see why it would be any other answer?

To be fiar, there's precedent for the Internet to be wrong. Qualifications were just so people didn't start searching for the first showing of Glastonbury Fayre.

15 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Looks like MTV showed some footage in 1993.

Bingo.

• Upvote 1

From the Eavii book it says: "Parts of the event were filmed in 1982 for a Thames TV music documentary broadcast later that year."

In 1994 "Channel 4 borough their camera and crew down to Worthy Farm to broadcast the festival live for the first time."

3 hours ago, henry bear said:

Looks like MTV showed some footage in 1993.

MTV were on site in 94, I'm pretty sure. I happened to see pretty-girl-presenter doing a piece to camera on the main drag by Greenpeace field as a crusty crept up behind her and bit her bum.

4 hours ago, incident said:

To be fiar, there's precedent for the Internet to be wrong. Qualifications were just so people didn't start searching for the first showing of Glastonbury Fayre.

Bingo.

ace, the thumbnail is Mega City Four, the best band ever (I am not going to change my mind on this) :)

(edit: they appear at: https://youtu.be/qNgXpoNa5Ps?t=6125 )

Edited by paulshane

18 hours ago, paulshane said:

ace, the thumbnail is Mega City Four, the best band ever (I am not going to change my mind on this) :)

the most famous thing to come out of Aldershot apart from Arthur English and Martin Freeman. Oh, and the one from Sugababes that no one knows the name of. :P 

Before Mega City Four were Stallion. I think I might still have a sticker* somewhere from their rawking gig in Cove school hall. :P 

* "Stallion will come for you"

Edited by Neil