When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just off a call with work about the future of how we will work. Was told not to expect to be back in the office before January, if at all. 

Kinda feel better having at least a preliminary date. I think the feeling of being stuck in limbo ha stopped me from properly getting into the swing of working from home.

1 minute ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Just off a call with work about the future of how we will work. Was told not to expect to be back in the office before January, if at all. 

Kinda feel better having at least a preliminary date. I think the feeling of being stuck in limbo ha stopped me from properly getting into the swing of working from home.

Good news. Some clarity is the most anyone can ask for at these times.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Call me a cynic but seems when there is a bit of decent news to give out, in this case the steroid treatment , Boris seems to pop up on the briefing. Otherwise he sends out Hancock and co. 

Of course he does, that’s what he does. He jumps on any good news to claim it as his own. 

Trevor from Northamptonshire asks when the government will move from two metres to one.

Johnson says two metres are more effective.

But it is also his view, he says, that as the infection numbers fall, then the statistical likelihood of being next to someone with coronavirus falls.

This is under constant review, he says.

As the incidence of coronavirus goes down, there will be a “strong case” for changing the rule.

Vallance says what the PM said was “absolutely right”. He goes on:

I don’t think two metres is some absolute cut-off that never changes.

According to the ONS, only six out of 10,000 people have the disease. That means it becomes safer to change, he suggests.

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Ah shame. Though I do wonder if it will be used as an excuse to reduce lockdown more

Just my two cents, but I think when we have another treatment that lowers the mortality rate even further, social distancing will all but disappear. Our government are clearly looking for the earliest opportunity to go back to normal, and if we have a combo of treatments that goes from 1/8 to 1/2, we'll quickly be back to normal. Not saying it's right mind you.

Just now, jparx said:

Just my two cents, but I think when we have another treatment that lowers the mortality rate even further, social distancing will all but disappear. Our government are clearly looking for the earliest opportunity to go back to normal, and if we have a combo of treatments that goes from 1/8 to 1/2, we'll quickly be back to normal. Not saying it's right mind you.

Tbh, if there is a treatment that good, social distancing and the economic pain associated is worse than the disease 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So Boris wasn’t aware of the campaign to give kids free school means until today!?

Be fair, he’s been hard at work in his secret lab with his faithful lab assistant Beaker Cummings discovering the steroid treatment, just in time to take the credit at the briefing.  And maybe a wee bit help from some less well known British scientists. 

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Be fair, he’s been hard at work in his secret lab with his faithful lab assistant Beaker Cummings discovering the steroid treatment, just in time to take the credit at the briefing.  And maybe a wee bit help from some less well known British scientists. 

In fairness I think he meant specifically Rashford’s campaign. It’s still a lie though, he has morning briefings on the front pages of the newspapers.  

40 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The mans a scientific genius , worthy of the Nobel prize for medical research. And all the American leader can come up with is a dose of Domestos 

This aways confusd me. Alcohol kills the virus as well as bleach does so why didn't he recommend that people got pissed?