When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Officials are still working on whether any new regime would be limited to returning Britons or apply to all arrivals, what exemptions there could be for those who could not be vaccinated and whether children under 18 should be exempted given that they will not have been jabbed by July 19.

Obviously no use to families unless kids are exempt...

Fuckers better let festivals happen if they do that 

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

YAY!

Thats a brilliant bit of news.

Instead of fighting against it, they should be looking to turn office buildings in town centres and particularly in London into you know.... maybe housing? Something that we appear to havea  massive fucking shortage of.

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

We bought 50 million didn't we ? 

Ah fuck sake. Just when we were thinking Bingham has played a blinder.

I’ve just checked and we’ve over 507 million doses at this point. Enough to vaccinate the entire population 7 times over. Mind you, 110 million of those were from dud vaccines and another 100 million is from the Valneva project which was only launched recently. 

Then consider that 60m (of 100m from Pfizer), 20m from J&J and 60m from Novavax aren’t expected until the autumn. You’re now down to 157m. 

Now consider that we completely over ordered on AZ given that it’s only used on over 40’s. 

I suspect we will have enough to double vaccinate anyone who wants it without Novavax/J&J/the next batch of Pfizer but it’ll be tight. 

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Forget who the source is- it's from the actual memo in parliament

Those first doses won't be done by 19th July, only offered, to be done early August 

I suspect another delay...

‘First review on Monday 19th July’ certainly indicated we could see restrictions after that date.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

‘First review on Monday 19th July’ certainly indicated we could see restrictions after that date.

To be fair it does say due by so if it were to happen it fits with the usual weee before, but yes there's a lot of "further review" in there

Great thing for them is absolutely nobody believes them about that date now - so it's pretty much empty theatrics now 

Edited by efcfanwirral

I give it a 95% chance that step 4 will go ahead on 19th July, the 5% representing the odds of yet another VOC popping up.

The discussion that we should be spending more time on is exactly what “step 4” will look like. It could range from anything from “slightly better than step 3” to an all out “burn your face nappies and make out with a stranger” type freedom day. At this juncture I’d expect something much more like the former.

What I basically expect at this point is the rule of 6 to be abolished and big events to come back but we will still need to wear face coverings, sanitise our hands all the time, social distancing will at least be advised and we may even see nightclubs remain closed. Step 3.5 more like. 

That’s a far more prominent worry than another delay. The government have made it pretty clear that a second delay would only be caused by game changing new information.

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

To be fair it does say due by so if it were to happen it fits with the usual weee before, but yes there's a lot of "further review" in there

Great thing for them is absolutely nobody believes them about that date now - so it's pretty much empty theatrics now 

I guess it’s more the use of the word ‘first’. Surely if all restrictions were going by that date it wouldn’t be the first review it would just be the final date?

2 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

They aren't forcing people to work at home forever or work in the office forever.

It's likely that people will just been given a choice, as they should be. New staff can come into an office if need be to be trained up.

Someone also needs to come in to train them…

Even still, I can imagine the number of people who WFH permanently and the number who go back to the office 5 days a week will be minuscule. The vast majority of us will do some kind of hybrid split where we go in on meeting heavy days but stay at home for our focusing time. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Someone also needs to come in to train them…

Even still, I can imagine the number of people who WFH permanently and the number who go back to the office 5 days a week will be minuscule. The vast majority of us will do some kind of hybrid split where we go in on meeting heavy days but stay at home for our focusing time. 

I'd have actually liked my job before I went freelance if I'd been able to have my focusing time at home

As it was, i look back and think "what focusing time?" 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Boris is in a corner really.  He would need a pretty strong excuse now to unlock given his words the other day. 

What you need to realise is that Whitty and Vallance are going to be begging Boris to unlock in a few weeks time. We’ll be at the point where an exit wave can be safely “taken on the chin” without overwhelming the health service and doing that in July is much more palatable than risking the exit wave being pushed back into the winter when the NHS is more busy.

An exit wave is an inevitability. The vaccines aren’t 100% effective and there is a percentage, albeit small, of the population who refused the vaccine. The virus won’t stop until it’s burned through at least some of these people. The issue with the 21st June unlocking is there’s still (just about) enough people susceptible that the NHS could get into trouble if we throw caution to the wind. Pushing it back a month gets you into the sweep spot where the exit wave can be safely mitigated.

Leave it much later and you pretty much will need to lockdown until March 2022 and even the SAGE members (not fake SAGE) will be very strongly against that idea. 

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

This is very specific. 

Also, the infections in kids is something different - a respiratory virus that they reckon will hit in summer because they weren't exposed over winter due to lockdown

Certainly not what I would've taken from the headline...

Screenshot_20210616-225449_Chrome.jpg

Reading between the lines, I think the government is going to unlock on 19th July and let the virus pass through the last remnants of the population in August.