When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I was thinking earlier, my position on anti-vaxxers is (as I've said a few times) is that unless you've already had it, you're choosing between the vaccine or getting COVID. Either way you're going to be exposing your body to something that no-one knows the long term impacts of.

It occurred to me today, that that belief is based on the fact we're not going for zero-COVID and trying to stamp it out. Which is true.

But it would be a perfectly logical position to not want the vaccine, but also be in favour of locking down with the aim of zero-COVID. That way you can both avoid taking the vaccine and avoid getting COVID.

It's telling that I've not seen a single person ever state this. I've yet to encounter one anti-vaxxer who is also a zero-COVIDer.

It's almost like they're not using logic.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Hey,

Yeah for my area in GM they seem to be going month by month, just had my April shifts accepted and that was about 2 days after I applied. Not heard anything for May yet.

I think it's a manual process and they've said in GM that they're going through and making sure shifts are evenly split amongst all volunteers.

We've been offered shifts in Blackburn and Cheshire so I think you can go out of area.

The app is a bit tricky to see the confirmed shifts though. You have to click the purple box to see "my duties" then search your dates. The confirmed shifts are the ones with a time next to them, all the others are just place holders for each day.

Thank you! Yes it does seem that way. I don't have anything appearing in My Duties yet, just the placeholders, but I have had one confirmation email. Guess we will see about the others!

11 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I was thinking earlier, my position on anti-vaxxers is (as I've said a few times) is that unless you've already had it, you're choosing between the vaccine or getting COVID. Either way you're going to be exposing your body to something that no-one knows the long term impacts of.

It occurred to me today, that that belief is based on the fact we're not going for zero-COVID and trying to stamp it out. Which is true.

But it would be a perfectly logical position to not want the vaccine, but also be in favour of locking down with the aim of zero-COVID. That way you can both avoid taking the vaccine and avoid getting COVID.

It's telling that I've not seen a single person ever state this. I've yet to encounter one anti-vaxxer who is also a zero-COVIDer.

This is the bit that continually gets me. What’s the motivation in behaving like that? If you deny Covid exists enough it will erase itself from existence? What do they stand to gain?

14 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

It's almost like they're a bit thick.

18 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I assume most anti vaxxers are hoping enough people get vaccinated/infected first so that we can have herd immunity without them getting either, no? 

So not long back from having my 1st dose, got the Pfizer one

Place was really efficient, sort of village hall type place.. jab appoints every 4 mins holding 24 people at any one time.

Mix of people in 50s and 60s plus a few in the higher 40s (like myself)

Barely felt the jab and feeling fine so far... I'm super relived and will be glad when fella gets his too 👊 😁

I will also add they actually list all the ingredients in the jab on the paperwork they give you , so can tell my Mam that lol

Edited by shoptildrop
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Under the yoke of Westminster February languishes on a measley 28 days most years, set free under independence it could have 29 days every year, it could even have 30 days.

I thought that after independence there were going to be 13 months of 28days, with the additional month being Sturgeonber. The actual policy announcement stated "when wur independent youse can take yur Gregorian Calendar an stuff it up yur erse"

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Place was really efficient, sort of village hall type place.. jab appoints every 4 mins holding 24 people at any one time.

Barely felt the jab and feeling fine so far... I'm super relived and will be glad when fella gets his too 👊 😁

Excellent news! 

48 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I wonder if they can get away with 4 weeks gap between steps 2, 3 and 4? I don't see a massive difference with shops opening on April 12 and what's allowed in May

Quite a big difference isn't it? Hospitality only outdoors in April and allowed to meet up to six indoors in May.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Excellent news! 

Quite a big difference isn't it? Hospitality only outdoors in April and allowed to meet up to six indoors in May.

Yeah if anything I think it’s more likely that step 3 could be skipped. Reason being that by 17 May I think there’s a decent chance that nearly everyone has been offered a vaccine AND covid levels reach record lows. If that happens the you could see a jump straight from step 2 to a full reopening. 

10 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I will also add they actually list all the ingredients in the jab on the paperwork they give you , so can tell my Mam that lol

taking the missus to Etihad for hers tomorrow. Don't think it will have that village hall vibe somehow.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Yeah if anything I think it’s more likely that step 3 could be skipped. Reason being that by 17 May I think there’s a decent chance that nearly everyone has been offered a vaccine AND covid levels reach record lows. If that happens the you could see a jump straight from step 2 to a full reopening. 

I don't know...maybe...or maybe not...big risk to Johnson if starts fast tracking things and then all goes wrong. But, at same time he will be getting a lot of pressure from crg and various newspapers.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

taking the missus to Etihad for hers tomorrow. Don't think it will have that village hall vibe somehow.

No maybe not, mine was in ex-library place in Denton... tbh Etihad stadium would have been fine too as only 5miles away but local one like a mile

Hope it all goes well for the other half tomorrow 🙂

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Has anyone had a jab and not had to hang around for 15 mins ? a colleague told me he just went in and straight out again ... not sure I believe him tbh ... 

According to my brother (who works at a vaccine centre) it’s a requirement if you get the Pfizer but just advisory if you get the Oxford. Maybe they just forgot to tell him.