Jump to content

When will this shit end?


Recommended Posts

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

no it was a full lockdown ...9pm  curfew , shops closed , police on streets so entirely different 

My sister & bro in law live in Perth and they've barely seen a restriction.

They even attended an Oktoberfest style event this weekend and there's certainly no social distancing going on anywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 41.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • steviewevie

    4919

  • Ozanne

    3590

  • crazyfool1

    3508

  • zahidf

    2334

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

I can’t get the following thought out of my head and it’s making the old bottom lip wobble: Wednesday evening at the 2021 festival, the sun has been out all day but temperature not stifling, perf

Howdy folks...sorry I'm late to the party! Was in a meeting and could see notifications coming up! So, looks very promising indeed. The vaccinated group not only didn't develop severe disease, bu

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My sister & bro in law live in Perth and they've barely seen a restriction.

They even attended an Oktoberfest style event this weekend and there's certainly no social distancing going on anywhere.

See edit ... thats western Austria I think 

Edited by crazyfool1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

See edit ... western Austria I think 

:D

It's crazy when we speak to them on facetime and they've been doing whatever they like when we're under restrictions here.

They have a 50% capacity limit on their major stadiums and venues at the moment so at the Optus (the biggest) they can have 35,000 people for a music event.

Definitely makes you realise how far away from that sort of thing we are!

It's possible that all remaining restrictions (if you can even call them that) apart from the hard border will be removed by the end of this week as well. So back up to 100% capacity at all venues!

Edited by JoeyT
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

:D

It's crazy when we speak to them on facetime and they've been doing whatever they like when we're under restrictions here.

They have a 50% capacity limit on their major stadiums and venues at the moment so at the Optus (the biggest) they can have 35,000 people for a music event.

Definitely makes you realise how far away from that sort of thing we are!

Might be down to the fact they've 905 deaths for the entire country?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeyT said:

:D

It's crazy when we speak to them on facetime and they've been doing whatever they like when we're under restrictions here.

They have a 50% capacity limit on their major stadiums and venues at the moment so at the Optus (the biggest) they can have 35,000 people for a music event.

Definitely makes you realise how far away from that sort of thing we are!

even the differences between that country .... mind you flying over it was incredible the size of it , even in Germany and France they have lots bigger gatherings than here .. although that may now have changed .... sport was open to limited crowds i  think in germany ,,,

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just catching up with PMQs. Nice to see my MP in the house! Rupa Huq.

Sadiq bashing was interesting. Is that just because he has Boris' old job and so Boris feels a particular resentment about the way he runs things now? Or is he laying the groundwork and setting the tone for some tough negotiations on London?

Edited by Zoo Music Girl
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Might be down to the fact they've 905 deaths for the entire country?

Of course it is.

I was just highlighting how different it is over in Oz.

The passive aggressive response a bit over the top no?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeyT said:

Of course it is.

I was just highlighting how different it is over in Oz.

The passive aggressive response a bit over the top no?

Sorry didn't mean to be passive aggressive. Apologies if it came across that way. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My sister & bro in law live in Perth and they've barely seen a restriction.

They even attended an Oktoberfest style event this weekend and there's certainly no social distancing going on anywhere.

Right. Off to Perth.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

I only suggest you have been taken by tory rhetoric, Because you were talking about Keir and Labour through the lens of having to answer Boris Johnson's statements in PMQs and also stating the same rhetoric, that Labour are point scoring and the government should just work together, when it is mostly down to the tories that there isnt a bipartisan response to covid

Im only suggesting that because I don’t know where the strong calls from Kier for a circuit breaker are coming from - as far as I’m aware it’s not something that science is massively suggesting would have a huge impact is it (for the country as a whole)? I know we’ve missed the boat in regards to timings for this and it should have been done in early September if we were going to do this. 

So I'm just questioning whether his strong stance could be more party politics and point scoring based, because he now has this in his back pocket if/when deaths rise rapidly. But it is fairly easy for him to suggest this circuit breaker without having to fully go into details e.g. costings, timings etc. 

But just so we’re clear here - Boris and the Tories are a complete shambles!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Right. Off to Perth.

It certainly looks more fun than here. Here's a photo from the event they were at... we can only dream of scenes like this currently!

121997092_4194007717295236_9130334806425768964_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=ha3zAxzCXowAX9iuT9k&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=a33e991ff3becd15a72f719bc7bc5dd2&oe=5FB6E65E

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, st dan said:

Im only suggesting that because I don’t know where the strong calls from Kier for a circuit breaker are coming from - as far as I’m aware it’s not something that science is massively suggesting would have a huge impact is it (for the country as a whole)? I know we’ve missed the boat in regards to timings for this and it should have been done in early September if we were going to do this. 

So I'm just questioning whether his strong stance could be more party politics and point scoring based, because he now has this in his back pocket if/when deaths rise rapidly. But it is fairly easy for him to suggest this circuit breaker without having to fully go into details e.g. costings, timings etc. 

But just so we’re clear here - Boris and the Tories are a complete shambles!

Sage suggested it...but that was back in September. I think Starmer was under some pressure to come up with what he'd do differently instead of just criticising the government...so he did, and why not? Maybe he would say differently if govt had followed sage advice back then...but, that's politics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, st dan said:

Im only suggesting that because I don’t know where the strong calls from Kier for a circuit breaker are coming from - as far as I’m aware it’s not something that science is massively suggesting would have a huge impact is it (for the country as a whole)? I know we’ve missed the boat in regards to timings for this and it should have been done in early September if we were going to do this. 

So I'm just questioning whether his strong stance could be more party politics and point scoring based, because he now has this in his back pocket if/when deaths rise rapidly. But it is fairly easy for him to suggest this circuit breaker without having to fully go into details e.g. costings, timings etc. 

But just so we’re clear here - Boris and the Tories are a complete shambles!

The Government scientists ? and thats the point hes been making ... and JVT yesterday said that the best time to do a circuit break was with lower numbers 

Edited by crazyfool1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

When people working in London were told to work from home TFL took a big hit. Now Khan is being blamed for this.

Good point. There’s also that very large and expensive crossrail project that’s underway too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

It certainly looks more fun than here. Here's a photo from the event they were at... we can only dream of scenes like this currently!

121997092_4194007717295236_9130334806425768964_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=ha3zAxzCXowAX9iuT9k&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=a33e991ff3becd15a72f719bc7bc5dd2&oe=5FB6E65E

actually, I couldn't imagine anything worse than an oktoberfest thing with a bunch of Aussies...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

actually, I couldn't imagine anything worse than an oktoberfest thing with a bunch of Aussies...

Tier 3 restrictions must come pretty close...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, st dan said:

Im only suggesting that because I don’t know where the strong calls from Kier for a circuit breaker are coming from - as far as I’m aware it’s not something that science is massively suggesting would have a huge impact is it (for the country as a whole)? I know we’ve missed the boat in regards to timings for this and it should have been done in early September if we were going to do this. 

So I'm just questioning whether his strong stance could be more party politics and point scoring based, because he now has this in his back pocket if/when deaths rise rapidly. But it is fairly easy for him to suggest this circuit breaker without having to fully go into details e.g. costings, timings etc. 

But just so we’re clear here - Boris and the Tories are a complete shambles!

Well I disagree. The gov scientists have repeatedly said that its not too late circuit breaker. Except JVT the other day. However the idea behind a circuit breaker would be to give extra time before the virus get unstoppably out of control and to curb the necessity for a full lockdown for month. 

He has shared science and financial plans relating to circuit breakers. Anelise Dodds has released statements about why a circuit breaker could cost less than the pussy footing regional approach.

I hink a regional approach could work FYI, but not with such damp useless measures, that just ruin businesses and people's live without having significant effect on the virus. - But if it's too late for a circuit breaker to work than its deffo too late for these tiers to work at all

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just catching up with PMQs. Nice to see my MP in the house! Rupa Huq.

Sadiq bashing was interesting. Is that just because he has Boris' old job and so Boris feels a particular resentment about the way he runs things now? Or is he laying the groundwork and setting the tone for some tough negotiations on London?


Absolutely no need for tier 3 restrictions on London any time soon. The areas that are in tier 3 are running at triple the covid prevalence of London and you’ve got the North East, Nottingham and bits of the West Midlands that are in tier 2 and doing a lot worse than London.

 

Now, if infections continue to double every couple of weeks in the capital then you could foresee a scenario where tier 3 is needed in a month or so. You’d hope though that being in tier 2 would actually slow that doubling time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My sister and family live in Perth and you're right, no restrictions there as there is no covid (apart from a ship that is/was docked and they wouldn't let anyone off as they had the virus.

The issue they have is, nobody is allowed in and out of Perth, the borders are shut, which makes sense.

She mentioned a young girl that stowed away in a lorry to get into Perth and she caught and jailed!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...