When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

22 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

schools staying closed till september and beyond is terrible for kids, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds....but teachers and parents are terrifed of this stupid virus.

My 2 have Gone back and have to say I’ve been very impressed with the schools.  Can’t do much more then they’re doing.  The struggle will be when there’s much bigger numbers there.

38 minutes ago, sisco said:

My 2 have Gone back and have to say I’ve been very impressed with the schools.  Can’t do much more then they’re doing.  The struggle will be when there’s much bigger numbers there.

Bit unpredictable though.  One of mine is back, with his class split into 2 x 15 children units (not every child is in mind).  Came home yesterday to say other "class" had a student coughing all day - result = all children in that class & associated teachers sent home until test results of coughing child comes back or for 14 days.  Makes it hard for childcare if you needed to work, from a planning point of view. 

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Has anyone been to some of the pubs in Brighton Lanes? They are tiny, absolutely no change of social distancing in there!

It's the same as Northern Quarter in Manchester, all the bars are quite small and I can't imagine how they will cope with current measures tbh :(

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s the same in the centre of Leeds. Lots of small tiny bars with limited outside seating. There’s only a few places that have a sizeable seating area, the vast majority of those with the capacity to have social distanced drinking in the centre are operated by Wetherspoons.

Pubs won’t be able to open with one or two doormen either. They’ll need substantial security cover which will add even more costs to the few places that do open. 

I was thinking the same about this - after a few pints you just know you'll have lairy lads grabbing the staff "wheyyyyy give us a hug, fuck the virus", spitting on staff etc when being told to socially distance. I feel very sorry for those who have to work in this type of place with these rules. The bouncers will have their hands full 

12 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

It's the same as Northern Quarter in Manchester, all the bars are quite small and I can't imagine how they will cope with current measures tbh :(

I think that is one area where they may close off the streets to any traffic and have outdoor seating on the roads.

Edited by steviewevie

In theory Edinburgh should be well placed to convert to outdoor drinking as every single bit of useable space is usually converted to that purpose for the festivals but without the festivals the money won't be there to set all that up.

9 minutes ago, mcshed said:

In theory Edinburgh should be well placed to convert to outdoor drinking as every single bit of useable space is usually converted to that purpose for the festivals but without the festivals the money won't be there to set all that up.

I Think most towns and cities have space outdoors to be able to do this kind of thing ... its just the human irresponsibility that causes issues ... many people can go out and not get involved in any kind of issues when drinking ( festivals are a great example of minimal hassle ) its the   remaining few that will cause issues and of course the British weather 

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

They've literally just changed the headline from "extremely rare" to "an open question" 🤔

yeah...I imagine she got a bit of a telling off from someone. Still so much unknown about this virus....this may be true, but no one can say for sure yet.

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

and no scientists again - obviously they aren't needed anymore now we've "defeated" the virus (based on weekend figures)....

I think there’s been divisions there, Chris Whitty saying that 2 meters will be in place till the end of the epidemic and the government going to go another way.