When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

17 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Saw this on Facebook earlier- does indicate there may have been something more to it...

Screenshot_20200716-141000_Lite.jpg

I preferred the unsafe shows we went to before 😂

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm not convinced social distancing will still be with us at Christmas from the panic about the economy we're seeing

I hear you, but the virus doesn't care about the economy.  If cases are on the up at Christmas, the economy won't survive without social distancing.  It's not an either/or proposition.

19 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

What's Matt Hancock's "Emergency Corona Update" about later? Do we know?

No idea, but it’s at 5 live in the Commons so not long to wait. Sorry if you knew that already!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-coronavirus-live-news-updates-18598531.amp

Possibly on Leicester. 

Edited by Ozanne

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

No idea, but it’s at 5 live in the Commons so not long to wait. Sorry if you knew that already!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-coronavirus-live-news-updates-18598531.amp

Possibly on Leicester. 

Seems a bit odd to make a big statement about Leicester without saying that's what it's about? Wonder if if will be on BBC news too.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Seems a bit odd to make a big statement about Leicester without saying that's what it's about? Wonder if if will be on BBC news too.

It’ll be live streamed on Sky News YouTube channel I would think. 

37 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

Could it be about this?  Not sure how tests can be dangerous?  Thought they were pretty much just long cotton buds.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/16/coronavirus-tests-halted-safety-fears-matt-hancock-make-statement/

If you don't test you don't get cases. I've been saying once they open up they'll find a way for the numbers to be supressed, I just didn't think it would happen so quickly....

If they're truly unsafe SURELY this should've been found before? 

Edited by efcfanwirral

It’s time to reunite the daily briefers, we went through Cummings together, went through Alok Sharma paying tribute to everyone and Matt Hancock making up figures to reach his own target. We can get through this one too!

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s time to reunite the daily briefers, we went through Cummings together, went through Alok Sharma paying tribute to everyone and Matt Hancock making up figures to reach his own target. We can get through this one too!

Where can we watch it?

3 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Where can we watch it?

As it's the house not a press conference it'll be BBC Parliament at the very least

I'm pretty sure there is something in addressing the house about something this important vs directly addressing the public ....something is definitely changing in the response. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

As it's the house not a press conference it'll be BBC Parliament at the very least

I'm pretty sure there is something in addressing the house about something this important vs directly addressing the public ....something is definitely changing in the response. 

Thanks.