2021 Headliners

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

We will defo get some clue for the predictions

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She's live on Lauren Laverne tomorrow 

At the most it will probably be “a few acts have rolled over but obviously not all of them” kinda thing.

I know it is special circumstances but it does feel way too early for glasto to actually make an announcement.

Roskilde announcing surprised me - similar festival in some ways to Glastonbury and they're right in there with an announcement. Makes me think Glastonbury could drop something early, but I just don't feel we'll get anything beyond maybe the legend slot this weekend.

Just now, Matt42 said:

At the most it will probably be “a few acts have rolled over but obviously not all of them” kinda thing.

I know it is special circumstances but it does feel way too early for glasto to actually make an announcement.

Yeah I reckon its a 'we are in negotiations', 'we are booking new headliners' or something like that, not a direct announcement unless they had one booked which I highly doubt due to things we know and whats been said. 

Could see Diana Ross probably being announced as said and yeah a vague sentence describing the lineup situation. I would say a normal announcement schedule starting October/November. I dont mind as it makes efests fun speculating and finding people who reveal things and we over analyse whether it could be true.

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Yeah I reckon its a 'we are in negotiations', 'we are booking new headliners' or something like that, not a direct announcement unless they had one booked which I highly doubt due to things we know and whats been said. 

Could see Diana Ross probably being announced as said and yeah a vague sentence describing the lineup situation. I would say a normal announcement schedule starting October/November. I dont mind as it makes efests fun speculating and finding people who reveal things and we over analyse whether it could be true.

Yup. I think Glastonbury will have a normal announcing schedule just to wait out any of the weirdness that is going on with whether festivals will be allowed to go ahead.

I could see them not announcing anything though until it is clearer whether the festival can actually happen.

1 minute ago, Clubber Lang said:

In fairness, they did announce the lineup and then cancel the festival about a week later (not sure on the exact timing).

Surely they would have to be planning it as if it was going ahead in a year?

Is it too early to start a when's the next announcement thread? 😂

I'm way ahead of you matey

2 minutes ago, Clubber Lang said:

In fairness, they did announce the lineup and then cancel the festival about a week later (not sure on the exact timing).

Surely they would have to be planning it as if it was going ahead in a year?

Is it too early to start a when's the next announcement thread? 😂

We already have one...

Emily asked Jessie Ware to play next year on Jessie's podcast that came out today - it didn't sound planned (or they're convincing actors if so) so perhaps they're not rolling over the lineup as default (although I'm sure many will due to touring dates being re-scheduled).

And in fact, generally, she said that it won't be until after this weekend until they can start looking to next year.

Edited by MaxPower

11 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Emily asked Jessie Ware to play next year on Jessie's podcast that came out today - it didn't sound planned (or they're convincing actors if so) so perhaps they're not rolling over the lineup as default (although I'm sure many will due to touring dates being re-scheduled).

Don't think there's anything can be read into that - even if they are rolling over as much as they can, there'll still be acts where it's not possible (we already know of LDR for near certain), and so plenty slots will open up.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

We'd be in a rough spot if Mumford are bumped up to headliner. I don't think we need to worry too much about that, at least not yet!

It would be shit but the silver lining would mean you could be elsewhere and if they played Friday headline I could see Thom Yorke. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I'm not a huge fan of Mumfords, I like their 1st album and maybe 1 or 2 of their second but if anyone here doesn't think Mumford and Sons > Taylor Swift isn't a huge double header then they're lying. That's on the level that Rock Wertcher has soemtimes. 

It’s big it’s two headliners but I’m sure people would prefer Robyn, Billie Eilish etc. Mumfords for myself and others is a let down but it’s still a big duo. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I'm not a huge fan of Mumfords, I like their 1st album and maybe 1 or 2 of their second but if anyone here doesn't think Mumford and Sons > Taylor Swift isn't a huge double header then they're lying. That's on the level that Rock Wertcher has soemtimes. 

Oh it's a big deal and would've be MASSIVELY received by most of the crowd there, but I struggle to think of anything worse for my personal taste 😄