Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

Reckon I'll probably give Kenny a miss. Got a ticket to see him at BST and seen him twice before. I love him but his live shows aren't the most consistent. 

The fact he only plays for an absolute maximum of 1hr 15mins isn't very appealing either. Not when you've gotta contend with the Pyramid crowds and the inevitable long wait to secure a good/non chatty spot. 

1 hour ago, Guy Incognito said:

Reckon I'll probably give Kenny a miss. Got a ticket to see him at BST and seen him twice before. I love him but his live shows aren't the most consistent. 

The fact he only plays for an absolute maximum of 1hr 15mins isn't very appealing either. Not when you've gotta contend with the Pyramid crowds and the inevitable long wait to secure a good/non chatty spot. 

This is actually becoming my mindset. 

30 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Never seen him but addicted to him now, but why such a short set? Wife already threatening to just go to SE instead like we did during Metallica.

No idea. According to his set lists he does 18 songs. So I guess its just no faff and just song after song, which can be fun. Depends on the next album and how much I like it if I were to see him now I guess. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

No idea. According to his set lists he does 18 songs. So I guess its just no faff and just song after song, which can be fun. Depends on the next album and how much I like it if I were to see him now I guess. 

and Royal Blood seems to be the Other alternative?

1 minute ago, Chrisp1986 said:

and Royal Blood seems to be the Other alternative?

Unsure of current Other Stage rumours, I thought I heard they weren't Friday but don't take my word for it. 

I was already iffy on seeing Lana after a lot on here didn't rate her live shows very good and now with the news of a 1hr15 headliner show I might be elsewhere that evening. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Unsure of current Other Stage rumours, I thought I heard they weren't Friday but don't take my word for it. 

I was already iffy on seeing Lana after a lot on here didn't rate her live shows very good and now with the news of a 1hr15 headliner show I might be elsewhere that evening. 

I will be there for Lana after I had tickets for Manchester at 100 quid a pop, but then doesn't mean I have to stay for him. I was at front for The National at barrier, then didn't stay for Foo Fighters and went to Pilton Palais instead, still don't know why.

3 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Missing an act you love take on their one-time shot at headlining the Pyramid seems wild to me. I know there’s a lot of stuff else on at the farm but it’s the big one! You’ve got to contend with chatty crowds and long waits at all major live music things.

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Never seen him but addicted to him now, but why such a short set? Wife already threatening to just go to SE instead like we did during Metallica.

Rapping solo is hard to do for such a long time.

It’s like fifteen minutes different to what a lot of bands get as their runtime. If you’re that addicted, how is that minor aspect really such a dealbreaker?

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Missing an act you love take on their one-time shot at headlining the Pyramid seems wild to me. I know there’s a lot of stuff else on at the farm but it’s the big one! You’ve got to contend with chatty crowds and long waits at all major live music things.

I'm assuming Thom Yorke is gonna be on WH, so I'll be missing Kendrick for another act I love. Not fussed by this whole ''big one'' thing either to be honest...

Edited by Guy Incognito

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Rapping solo is hard to do for such a long time.

It’s like fifteen minutes different to what a lot of bands get as their runtime. If you’re that addicted, how is that minor aspect really such a dealbreaker?

Surely it’s just a 15 minute head start to the SE corner?

2 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

I'm assuming Thom Yorke is gonna be on WH, so I'll be missing Kendrick for another act I love. Not fussed by this whole ''big one'' thing either to be honest...

Well if you're really not fussed about the occasion of an act headlining the Pyramid then it's understandable. I just tend to assume everybody is, or at least with acts they like.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surely it’s just a 15 minute head start to the SE corner?

Wouldn't count on holding on to much of that head start.

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well if you're really not fussed about the occasion of an act headlining the Pyramid then it's understandable. I just tend to assume everybody is, or at least with acts they like.

There's definitely a certain magic to Pyramid headliners and if it weren't for the BST date 1 week later I'd 100% be at the Pyramid. From the acts who are heavily rumored, the only acts I can imagine missing Kendrick for are FKA Twigs Thom Yorke. Hopefully TY will play the Sunday but its not looking likely at the minute.

Edit: My comment about not being too fussed by the ''big one'' feeling is mostly just because historically at Glastonbury, I've rarely been convinced to change my plan in order to watch the acts in the most prominent slots if I wasn't already intending to. The times that I have, I've regretted it.

Edited by Guy Incognito

12 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

This might be true. 

It will all depends on the clashes for me.

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If Kendrick is only doing 75 mins then could they squeeze an extra act on to the Pyramid that day? I’m sure last year there were fewer acts than usual on each day...

I was wondering if LDR might get a slightly longer set? With the specific announcement for her it feels like they've singled her out more than your average sub headliner. LDR gets 80/90 mins and Kenny gets 75?

Just now, jparx said:

I was wondering if LDR might get a slightly longer set? With the specific announcement for her it feels like they've singled her out more than your average sub headliner. LDR gets 80/90 mins and Kenny gets 75?

I reckon they are both more likely to get 75 minutes and potentially sets the pyramid up to squeeze in a secret set

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

If Kendrick is only doing 75 mins then could they squeeze an extra act on to the Pyramid that day? I’m sure last year there were fewer acts than usual on each day...

Maybe Macca gets 2.5 hours so 1 less act on his day gets moved to Friday. With it being a special act opening kinda deal. But I also see Aerosmith getting longer than usual so who knows!