Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, a6l6e6x said:

So to confirm, each device using a different internet connection.

No point using multiple browsers or tabs? 

Incognito make any kind of difference?

Would using a vpn on the same internet connection as another device make a difference?

Yes

No

Prob not

Yes...they would be seen as different source IPs

• Like 1

Just decided to test out a few methods for the max 60 refreshes per minute on the current Glastonbury ticket site,  and im pretty sure that having multiple devices hooked up to the same wifi doesn't contribute to the limit. Basically when i've had multiple tabs / windows open on my Macbook, the second one of the tabs / window triggers the page of doom, they all simultaneously land on the page. However, my iPhone, which is also hooked up to the same internet did not, and it continued to allow me to refresh and stay away from the page of doom.

Im no expert on things like this,  but just thought id chuck my 50ps worth in!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

Heres whats coming for your internet connection on Thursday

0012c683-614.jpg?ratio=1.78

I am not sure if the weather is impacting my internet speed at the moment as it is very slow at the moment- not what I need ahead of ticket day!

19 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

i feel like im screwed, im not part of a group trying to get tickets on Sunday, flying solo or with reduced numbers.

Only takes one person to get through! Positive thoughts! Maybe look for a few people to join up with you on here; I know there was a pair looking for more people a few days ago.

3 minutes ago, zero000 said:

I have. For some reason it only works some of the time. Feel like I've regressed to my parent's baby boomer level of technological insight. ?

safari as a browser ? thats odd they work even when I don't want them to !! have a look at page 11 and see if you've done it anything like that ? 

28 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Just decided to test out a few methods for the max 60 refreshes per minute on the current Glastonbury ticket site,  and im pretty sure that having multiple devices hooked up to the same wifi doesn't contribute to the limit. Basically when i've had multiple tabs / windows open on my Macbook, the second one of the tabs / window triggers the page of doom, they all simultaneously land on the page. However, my iPhone, which is also hooked up to the same internet did not, and it continued to allow me to refresh and stay away from the page of doom.

Im no expert on things like this,  but just thought id chuck my 50ps worth in!

That's prob because the iPhone had a cookie pointing to a different server than the Mac and was therefore not counted in the same cumulative hit total.   2 devices you'll prob get away with....but the likelihood of problems increases the more devices you use on same connection. 

39 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

safari as a browser ? thats odd they work even when I don't want them to !! have a look at page 11 and see if you've done it anything like that ? 

My tired brain thought you meant command and c. Will definitely try the shortcodes you suggested. Thanks!