Coach Question

ian_sw

I have the same dilemma as OP. I’d really prefer to travel by coach but I worry that I’ll miss departure. I’m working on Wednesday night to Thursday morning and given the nature of a job in healthcare,  . people get sick and babies arrive and I have to put them before my coach! It’s not a given though, just a what if?!

Edited by bloom92

Last year we were on the 08:00am 'bus' from Manchester. I use the word bus loosely as when it arrived nearly everyone who was waiting cracked off a laugh and a joke about the state of it. There were even a few people who were adamant it wasn't out bus as no one would be daft enough to contact that thing out for the day. 

Long story short, it was our bus, and it got us about 50 miles away from Glastonbury before breaking down in the middle of nowhere. After two hours of waiting for a replacement bus we decided to book a taxi which set us back £150. 

Wasnt happy, but we got there eventually. All im going to say is that whoever is in charge of the putting the bus service out to tender needs to take into account these buses need to be able to make a 5hour plus journey in one piece.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Because he never came to Glastonbury with me - he didn't want to.

I just don't think you should buy a coach ticket if you don't intend to go by coach. 

I completely understand your point and I actually agree with you but then I don't think people should buy a tix if they then don't intend on going when they see the line up...

hey its glastonbury we use to under, over or through the fence.. We've used other people's details and luckily looked like the person on the ticket,, we've hitched,, begged and blagged but I'm to flipping old and broken for that but I still like to go to glasto so I'm thinking this could be the way... 

So although morally you right but I'm paying for the coach, I've spent £1000s over the years so me not getting ON the coach... Fuck I'll even put my carer on it... Doesn't make feel like I'm some gig who's going to lose the festival money unlike some that go and don't give a shit about the love the farm etc and leave all there stuff and probably cost the festival more than the 50 bar my seat will cost.. 

43 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I completely understand your point and I actually agree with you but then I don't think people should buy a tix if they then don't intend on going when they see the line up...

hey its glastonbury we use to under, over or through the fence.. We've used other people's details and luckily looked like the person on the ticket,, we've hitched,, begged and blagged but I'm to flipping old and broken for that but I still like to go to glasto so I'm thinking this could be the way... 

So although morally you right but I'm paying for the coach, I've spent £1000s over the years so me not getting ON the coach... Fuck I'll even put my carer on it... Doesn't make feel like I'm some gig who's going to lose the festival money unlike some that go and don't give a shit about the love the farm etc and leave all there stuff and probably cost the festival more than the 50 bar my seat will cost.. 

Ultimately it's your choice, but you should know that it's risky. I've been on coaches where you don't get the ticket until you're halfway there and they do call out names and are able to ask for ID. So be aware that you might not get your ticket doing it that way. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Given your history you understand that the festival depends on various folks who are given roles and told what to do.

You clearly know what the festival tell us about those tickets and in turn what the drivers are told, as any of the regulars here do.  Some drivers can be flexible, but you can't depend on it, it's not fair to slate them for doing what they're told and as you'll have seen in previous posts if someone is not on the coach then the ticket goes to the box office on site - with the accompanying delays that may be involved in collecting it from there.

I've done the coach 3 times. 1 time they handed you your ticket as you got on. 2nd time they handed out after the motorway services stop, the other we got them half an hour in.

I've seen a driver refuse to give tickets to people asking for them before the coach set off.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Out of interest in light of the discussion above - do you need your ticket to access the campervan fields? And can you buy a campervan ticket if your registration has been used against a coach booking? I have no idea, so just wondering!

Yes and no.

Getting in the campervan fields is like leaving the festival. You can't book a campervan space if you have a coach ticket.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Yes and no.

Getting in the campervan fields is like leaving the festival. You can't book a campervan space if you have a coach ticket.

Not sure I understand the first bit - you mean it's essentially outside the gate? The second bit seems relevant though. Does it just not let you?

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Not sure I understand the first bit - you mean it's essentially outside the gate? The second bit seems relevant though. Does it just not let you?

Yes, you need to show your ticket, wristband and get a pass out everytime.

I believe the system knows you have a coach ticket and you can't book a campervan ticket.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Yes, you need to show your ticket, wristband and get a pass out everytime.

I believe the system knows you have a coach ticket and you can't book a campervan ticket.

So anyone can enter in the campervan field as long as you have a campervan ticket - you don't need a festival ticket? I've never been there, so it's a mysterious world to me. 

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So anyone can enter in the campervan field as long as you have a campervan ticket - you don't need a festival ticket? I've never been there, so it's a mysterious world to me. 

You need a campervan ticket and everyone in the campervan needs a festival ticket to get in to the CV field on first entry. Don't know what you need walking from the car parks into the CV field as I have never done it.

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's the festival ticket you show. Just like going out to the car parks during the festival. 

Festival ticket, and wristband checked, they give you a pass out. Coming back in you show your festival ticket, get wristband checked and hand in the pass out.