Coach Question

ian_sw

28 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cheers, I might well do. I wonder if they will get wise and boost the prices!

The issue of getting my crap across the city still stands though. Even doing that late evening the time I stayed at my mate's was horrible.

Looks like they have. £249 for the Wednesday night. 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yep that's a horrific interchange and no mistake! One upside is you can choose coach times from London, so we tend to aim for a bit later so we miss the worst of rush hour. You definitely have to use See coaches if you book via the coach sale, yes - you don't get your festival ticket until you're on the coach.

Other alternative is to find somewhere to stay nearby the night before. I've considered it (and did it once when I had a mate nearby, but we still had to get a cab that morning and it was so nerve-wracking being in traffic).

Not bad shout that stopping the night locally - or later coach.

would be easier for me and the Mrs as 1 change either on tube or overground to Waterloo and then Jubilee but not sure about Watford mates. We shall see

Done the coach from London my first two years going, thought the O2 was decent but considering I lived just the other side of the river at the time near the cable car, it was ideal! Moved to Cardiff before 2017 but not done coach from there yet, considered it this year but £50 vs £25 on the train vs £10 for a lift with a mate... well, you can guess what won out there. 

I've not read the whole thread so don't know if this has already been covered but someone on Twitter asked See Tickets about coach travelers priority for booking space in Worthy View and what happens if they aren't all travelling by coach.

5 hours ago, kaytee... said:

Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere but do coaches from Bristol generally sell out quicker than the rest? I usually come from Liverpool but can't do long coach journeys anymore.

I’ve been looking at the departure options as I was convinced at first that Cardiff being one of the only 2 Welsh options meant it would sell out quicker.

Think I’ve now decided similar forms of logic can be applied to most/all of the departure points.

11 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I’ve been looking at the departure options as I was convinced at first that Cardiff being one of the only 2 Welsh options meant it would sell out quicker.

Think I’ve now decided similar forms of logic can be applied to most/all of the departure points.

my logic tells me Glasgow would be the last to sell out ... but they probably have fewer buses from there ......

34 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Anyone know how popular Leeds is? Sheffield and York both very close too.

I really don't think anyone knows .. its the ultimate question ... we don't know how many busses have gone from each departure point previously ... we don't know how many people try for each destination .... we don't know where the extra coaches will depart from .... SEE the theme thats developing ? 

13 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Anyone know how popular Leeds is? Sheffield and York both very close too.

I usually travel from Leeds on the Thurs, and have had departures from 7am up until 12pm. There are always several coaches full of people, no matter what the departure time.  Imagine Weds is the same. No idea how they allocate tickets between departure cities, but I only just scraped through at the last second for a ticket in the October sale last year.

So to answer your question - yeah, it's pretty popular!

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

Has anyone come across dick head coach drivers who wouldn't give you your ticket when you've asked for it.. Ie. As you get ON the coach.. 

It's up to the coach driver when to give it to you I think. Some do it at the start, some do it halfway through, some do it later I believe. I don't see why it's a problem? I think you only need the ticket immediately if you plan to do a runner at services...

32 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's up to the coach driver when to give it to you I think. Some do it at the start, some do it halfway through, some do it later I believe. I don't see why it's a problem? I think you only need the ticket immediately if you plan to do a runner at services...

Lol 

I have a real reason why I'll not be able to do coach BUT I'm thinking go coach and give myself two chances of getting tickets.. My carer will have to take my seat.. That's what she's there for to do the things I can't... 

Just gesting in case that upsets any one.. You never can tell in this pc world.. Lol

38 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Has anyone come across dick head coach drivers who wouldn't give you your ticket when you've asked for it.. Ie. As you get ON the coach.. 

They're instructed not to give them out until the journey has started. This is to stop people booking coach tickets then just picking them up and driving down anyway, not really helping with the green initiative. Why are any of them following this instruction dick heads?

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Lol 

I have a real reason why I'll not be able to do coach BUT I'm thinking go coach and give myself two chances of getting tickets.. My carer will have to take my seat.. That's what she's there for to do the things I can't... 

Just gesting in case that upsets any one.. You never can tell in this pc world.. Lol

While I have sympathy with the need to take a carer (my ex was disabled and I would often take the carer ticket for events, albeit not Glastonbury) I'm pretty sure this is not a legitimate way to use the coach ticket.

47 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Has anyone come across dick head coach drivers who wouldn't give you your ticket when you've asked for it.. Ie. As you get ON the coach.

Because nothing screams dick head more than somebody trying to do their job...

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Because nothing screams dick head more than somebody trying to do their job...

"I was only following orders..."

Kidding ;)

Took the coach in 2015 and the driver called out names then handed the tickets as you went up the stairs.

It seems crazy to me to pay for the coach and plan to grab your ticket and leave to drive down yourself, especially as the coaches get priority getting to site and queuing to get in... The only reason to do it would be to take more stuff, which is the opposite of what most should do...

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

While I have sympathy with the need to take a carer (my ex was disabled and I would often take the carer ticket for events, albeit not Glastonbury) I'm pretty sure this is not a legitimate way to use the coach ticket.

Why not glastonbury.. 

And as I need my van who drives it to glasto