Coach Question

ian_sw

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Seetickets coaches arrive and depart from the Car Park at The O2 Arena. Or at least, they have done the past few years so that's assuming it doesn't change.

National Express coaches arrive and depart from Victoria Coach Station

At the festival, the coach station is split into 3 distinct areas - Local Services/National Express/Seetickets - each of which is clearly signposted as you go in. So you'd go to the relevant section, and then within that each bay should have a sign on it saying what destinations are served. It's all very organised and difficult to get wrong.

In terms of getting a different coach - reportedly See are fairly flexible about it, National Express aren't.

Great thanks! The Londoners in our group are booking a NE home as some idiot only bought singles by accident in the main sale ?

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

Can confirm this. You can jump on any See coach however unless you have some sort of emergency, National Express will not afford the same flexibility.

Sorry just to confirm so I can pass on, this will go both ways, arriving too early and missing your booked time because you were held up in a queue? If so is the latter a big risk or is the queue generally smaller? Thew whole season for the Londoners coaching rather than train is to avoid the 2-3 hour queue we had to get the shuttle last year

Currently feeling pretty guilty. I suggested to all my friends it might be worth us trying for coach tickets as it's an extra go at getting to the festival. We had 11 of us so split into a 5 and a 6. The group of 5 got through for coach tickets, my group failed. Luckily we got general admission tickets. But now I feel guilty as the only reason people tried for coach is because I urged them to!

How far in advance do you normally get your coach times? We are likely to get there before them so have agreed to take their tents to set them up with us. Don't think we'll even get away with giving them some of our alcohol in return as they are limited on what they can take!

15 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Sorry just to confirm so I can pass on, this will go both ways, arriving too early and missing your booked time because you were held up in a queue? If so is the latter a big risk or is the queue generally smaller? Thew whole season for the Londoners coaching rather than train is to avoid the 2-3 hour queue we had to get the shuttle last year

The See queue works like a regular queue. There might be people on a later coach infront of you but they just jump on the next available coach. National Express call out your coach time and you come forward regardless of where you are in the queue.

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

How far in advance do you normally get your coach times? We are likely to get there before them so have agreed to take their tents to set them up with us. Don't think we'll even get away with giving them some of our alcohol in return as they are limited on what they can take!

Mid may. 

14 minutes ago, jyoung said:

The See queue works like a regular queue. There might be people on a later coach infront of you but they just jump on the next available coach. National Express call out your coach time and you come forward regardless of where you are in the queue.

That excellent, thanks a lot for the info! Feeling far less guilty about buying the singles now 

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Currently feeling pretty guilty. I suggested to all my friends it might be worth us trying for coach tickets as it's an extra go at getting to the festival. We had 11 of us so split into a 5 and a 6. The group of 5 got through for coach tickets, my group failed. Luckily we got general admission tickets. But now I feel guilty as the only reason people tried for coach is because I urged them to!

I wouldn't feel guilty, could've been the difference between getting into the 50th anniversary festival or not. I'm sure they're all just grateful for that. Congrats!