Coach Question

ian_sw

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

Thanks

I keep having to tell my wife that it’s better to arrive on a Thursday rather than not arriving at all. 

I’ve had to create a flow chart for our options, to allow for a speedy decision on coach sale day. 

A flow chart!! That's tonight's activity in the bag!

(Yes, I know it's Friday....)

We’re toying in trying for coach this year. Depends on my Mrs and if she wants to try!

I’m  guessing that London coaches go from Victoria?

My big camping rucksack will do me for clothes etc and I’ll wear the heaviest things if we do go that route - big bag for life with other small bits in. The co-op if that’s back will be fantastic as we won’t need to bring breakfasty type things (I am aware they are a no booze entity so not bringing food means more space for booze). I’d also imagine that london coaches will be the most popular coaches so we’ll see. New thing entirely for me!

7 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Is it usually easier than the normal sale? A long time since I got the coach, last time was the year Gorillaz headlined (2010???)

No. Harder and more confusing! Maybe easier if you go for Thursday ones straight away....I don't know anyone who got a Wednesday coach in the normal coach sale (although by some miracle my friend did in the resale). It does however give you another crack at tickets!

14 hours ago, mungo57 said:

We’re toying in trying for coach this year. Depends on my Mrs and if she wants to try!

I’m  guessing that London coaches go from Victoria?

My big camping rucksack will do me for clothes etc and I’ll wear the heaviest things if we do go that route - big bag for life with other small bits in. The co-op if that’s back will be fantastic as we won’t need to bring breakfasty type things (I am aware they are a no booze entity so not bringing food means more space for booze). I’d also imagine that london coaches will be the most popular coaches so we’ll see. New thing entirely for me!

Unfortunately See Tickets coaches go from the O2 car park at North Greenwich. National Express only go from Victoria. Unless you live in SE London it's a real ballache.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Unfortunately See Tickets coaches go from the O2 car park at North Greenwich. National Express only go from Victoria. Unless you live in SE London it's a real ballache.

56 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I've done See and NE from London and still can't wrap my head around why See go from Greenwich.

I live in Hounslow and my mates coming with watford. That’s a right pain. The change at green park for the jubilee would be soul destroying with all your gear during a busy morning! Looks like I’ll be giving the coach a miss then as I’m assuming you’d have to use See coaches if you book on the presale? All in for GA on Sunday then I’d think.

12 hours ago, Sasperella said:

No. Harder and more confusing! Maybe easier if you go for Thursday ones straight away....I don't know anyone who got a Wednesday coach in the normal coach sale (although by some miracle my friend did in the resale). It does however give you another crack at tickets!

I don't agree that it's harder.  There's more choice which can be a pain, but I have had years when I've got to the buy page in coach but tried for others in general and had a torrid time.

24 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I live in Hounslow and my mates coming with watford. That’s a right pain. The change at green park for the jubilee would be soul destroying with all your gear during a busy morning! Looks like I’ll be giving the coach a miss then as I’m assuming you’d have to use See coaches if you book on the presale? All in for GA on Sunday then I’d think.

Yep that's a horrific interchange and no mistake! One upside is you can choose coach times from London, so we tend to aim for a bit later so we miss the worst of rush hour. You definitely have to use See coaches if you book via the coach sale, yes - you don't get your festival ticket until you're on the coach.

Other alternative is to find somewhere to stay nearby the night before. I've considered it (and did it once when I had a mate nearby, but we still had to get a cab that morning and it was so nerve-wracking being in traffic).

23 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yep that's a horrific interchange and no mistake! One upside is you can choose coach times from London, so we tend to aim for a bit later so we miss the worst of rush hour. You definitely have to use See coaches if you book via the coach sale, yes - you don't get your festival ticket until you're on the coach.

Other alternative is to find somewhere to stay nearby the night before. I've considered it (and did it once when I had a mate nearby, but we still had to get a cab that morning and it was so nerve-wracking being in traffic).

There's now a budget hotel (think it's a Holiday Inn) about five minutes walk from the car park where the coach picks up. Might be worth looking into.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

There's now a budget hotel (think it's a Holiday Inn) about five minutes walk from the car park where the coach picks up. Might be worth looking into.

Cheers, I might well do. I wonder if they will get wise and boost the prices!

The issue of getting my crap across the city still stands though. Even doing that late evening the time I stayed at my mate's was horrible.

9 minutes ago, Cannedm said:

Hello Zoo Music Girl

Do you happen to remember what times the coaches normally go from London please? 

Thanks

Cannedm

We went on Thursday morning last year and seemed to be the first at 5am.  Was all very simple, about 6 coaches left at the same time 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Me either. It adds at least an extra hour to the travel time depending on traffic. It's on the wrong side of London for going west!

It wasn't as bad for me personally as I lived south east and could get a 30 min bus there (incidentally the coach then goes back past my old house) but for most Londoners (and probs those travelling from outskirts) it's a proper ball ache.

A friend may possibly be unable to attend the festival (work commitments) and is happy to lose £15 if he buys a normal ticket on sunday and has to cancel. However, if we all get coaches and he has to cancel, is his coach ticket refunded?

13 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I got one from Newcastle in the resale

14 minutes ago, jyoung said:

It wasn't as bad for me personally as I lived south east and could get a 30 min bus there (incidentally the coach then goes back past my old house) but for most Londoners (and probs those travelling from outskirts) it's a proper ball ache.

Ha, the coach often goes very near to my house in Acton as well, sailing right past that and all the way through central London... what annoys me most is the extra journey time it adds on really.