Football 19/20

thetime

12 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

For a player who once had a decent reputation, I don’t remember ever seeing Solanke have a good game.

When Palace and Bournemouth played last night they had 4 ex Liverpool players in Sakho, Benteke, Ibe and Solanke. The nuts thing is I believe we got around £80mil for the 4 of them. Absolutely incredible business.

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

did anyone watch last night's matches on amazon prime? How was it?

For a change i'll get to watch a Prem game on a full-size TV tonight,  which will be nice ... as long as Prime isn't pants.

(I have prime for the quick/cheap delivery. Never watched a vid on it).

It all worked fine for me when I watched on desktop. Same commentators and pundits as other channels so it all felt very familiar.  I watched the Bournemouth game as I thought the City v Burnley game wouldn't be competitive which was right!

cheers.

4 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It all worked fine for me when I watched on desktop.

I'm hoping that I can cast it from my tablet to the TV. I've just checked with a 'normal' Prime video so fingers crossed its the same for the footie.

I'm not a big fan of watching on my tablet - which I have to do with BT sport as they've blocked casting for the freebie accounts like I have.

23 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not a big fan of watching on my tablet - which I have to do with BT sport as they've blocked casting for the freebie accounts like I have.

Can you not get a HDMI cable, hook it up to the TV and connect to your tablet (use an adapter if necessary)?

I watched the City game and there was a few jumpy / skippy bits at the start but then it was fine. The whole thing was about 3 mins delayed though so you're getting notifications of your phone before you've even seen the goals etc.

17 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Can you not get a HDMI cable, hook it up to the TV and connect to your tablet (use an adapter if necessary)?

I didn't know that was even possible.

I've just googled, and from what I can see it won't work with my tablet as it has USB C 2.0 and needs USBC 3.0 to be able to do HDMI. And just googled for my phone too, and that doesn't either. :( 

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I didn't know that was even possible.

I've just googled, and from what I can see it won't work with my tablet as it has USB C 2.0 and needs USBC 3.0 to be able to do HDMI. And just googled for my phone too, and that doesn't either. :( 

Is there an adapter out there that can connect your tablet to the HDMI cable? Surely must be something?

I watched the City game on Prime last night, thought it was great. I didn't have any issues with the quality or skipping, wouldn't have known it wasn't through Sky. And praise the lord they don't have Martin Tyler, terrible commendation. Peter Drury is fantastic and seems to be Amazon's key commentator.

Oh and they have a setting to turn off the commentary if you want and just listen to the atmosphere in the stadium which I oddly didn't hate as much as I thought I would.

1 hour ago, santowhir said:

As someone who pays quite a lot for bt sport + sky sports this has fucked me right off. I know you can get prime free for a month but it's still incredibly annoying

Agree with this.

I'm lucky I get a fairly hefty discount on Sky but I also pay £30 for BT Sport and £10? for Prime. I already had Prime as I use it a lot for the free net day delivery but it's becoming ridiculous for fans now. 

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Agree with this.

I'm lucky I get a fairly hefty discount on Sky but I also pay £30 for BT Sport and £10? for Prime. I already had Prime as I use it a lot for the free net day delivery but it's becoming ridiculous for fans now. 

prime is £79 a year isn't it? I think mine is. I really only have it for the free next day delivery, tho it also gives you amazon music which I've got hooked into my sonos system (along with spotify) ... I wouldn't pay for that but it's an ok freebie.

As for footie, that's every game for free on the internet. :P 

No BT or Sky here but have Prime for the books / delivery. Most friends that are football mad have been grumbling for weeks about the third provider and then signed up at the last minute so I guess amazon know what they are doing.

25 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I guess in theory we're playing a bottom 3 team (at kick off) so it makes sense but I'm not sure on this many team changes for the derby, hopefully it won't backfire on Klopp. 

Should be fine. Silva playing a single ball winning midfielder away to the best team in the world. The guy is stealing a living.