Football 19/20

thetime

7 hours ago, jyoung said:

I've got Pompey to finish first in my big season acca, so come on boys! Marquis is a proven goalscorer in that league and could be the man to spearhead you back to the Championship, I reckon!

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Aye, I've got Portsmouth to go up too.

Play up Pompey!!

I love that these two posts are entirely more positive than anything you'll see on Pompey Twitter.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

any predictions for Sunday's Charity Shield?

I'm guessing both teams won't be fully up to speed, but that both will be dead keen to win.

Teams at the level of these prioritise winning every game but I doubt either will be assed to lose.

51 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I predict I’ll neither watch nor care.

I predict I will watch and care ?

In regards to Chelsea, Arsenal and United, Arsenal have by far the best manager out the three. Lampard is a clever bloke but hes inexperienced. OGS is just woeful. He is stuck in a time warp and still thinks its 1999. United have absolutely no chance with him in charge.

I do fancy Arsenal for that 4th place. Their extra fire power will get them through imo. They might come unstuck against the top teams with that defence, but they should have enough to blow the rest away.

Hope Frank does well though at Chelsea. Woukd rather them finish in top 4 but it will be tough for them. Just can't see where the goals are coming from. 

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I predict I will watch and care ?

In regards to Chelsea, Arsenal and United, Arsenal have by far the best manager out the three. Lampard is a clever bloke but hes inexperienced. OGS is just woeful. He is stuck in a time warp and still thinks its 1999. United have absolutely no chance with him in charge.

I do fancy Arsenal for that 4th place. Their extra fire power will get them through imo. They might come unstuck against the top teams with that defence, but they should have enough to blow the rest away.

Hope Frank does well though at Chelsea. Woukd rather them finish in top 4 but it will be tough for them. Just can't see where the goals are coming from. 

In short: Arsenal will be the tallest dwarf.

11 hours ago, eastynh said:

Captain America, duh.

Nah but in all honesty that is the feeling of most the fans. Lamps seems to fancy Tammy upfront so heres hoping he hits the ground running. That's a big if. I expect Barkley to chip in with a fair few this year though and as above Pulisic looks a finisher.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't think I have ever watched a whole hour half of the game. I have been watching football 30 years and couldn't tell you a single thing that's ever happened in the game.

Interesting (perhaps not to anybody else) anecdote. I can tell you what happened in a Community Shield game. 2005, Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal. I was 11 years old. Entered a comp in Match Magazine to design the front cover of the programme. Only went and won! I drew it with an explosion between the badges but they photoshopped it out due to the 7/7 bombings a mont earlier. The game was at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff and my Spurs supporting Dad drove us down on the day. I got the Chelsea badge temporarily tattooed on my face in a McDonalds in Cardiff before the game and Chelsea won with a certain Didier Drogba (Arsenal bully!) netting twice. Here's the programme for those who fancy a laugh...

2005_FA_Community_Shield_programme.png

• Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

https://www.football365.com/news/pep-prem-makes-me-happier-than-liverpools-risky-cl

Were Rafa to have come out with this rubbish Neil's server would have melted down with the shitposting on 'ere. Pep. What a nob.

Lol Klopp has not shut up talking bollocks for 2 weeks, whingeing about everything and there has not been a peep out of you ??

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Lol Klopp has not shut up talking bollocks for 2 weeks, whingeing about everything and there has not been a peep out of you ??

Premier league's a disgrace making liverpool start 1 day early. 

Getting on a train full of city fans, going to Wembley  from telford on my way to heathrow is never a good idea. ??

Edited by thetime