Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Blood Red Shoes still possible? (early Barn?)

Playing festivals in July and opened for Pixies recently (also sharing the day at Mad Cool)

Damn I had NO idea they had actually "made it" / are still going. Saw them supporting Maximo Park like 12 years ago, crazy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a possibility for the band “Rolling  Blackouts CF”?, not very popular but they are nice live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any of these questions have been asked before then I apologise - myself and some friends have decided to go to Werchter this year as we didn't get Glasto tickets. I see that some of you have been before so I figured you may know :)

- is there a shop/supermarket in the vicinity of the festival for supplies? Don't fancy much carrying beers and food all over the UK/Eurostar/Belgium along with our tents!

- is it worth going on the Wednesday and using the Hive campsite rather than regular camping? I'm attempting to convince my mates to do that as its no difference in price but to no avail.

 

Lineup looks really good this year would be great to finally be able to see PJ again - last time was at Reading something like 15 years ago!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems this time last year the final names for RW were announced.

Can we expect more names this week or could we be kept waiting a little longer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

If any of these questions have been asked before then I apologise - myself and some friends have decided to go to Werchter this year as we didn't get Glasto tickets. I see that some of you have been before so I figured you may know :)

- is there a shop/supermarket in the vicinity of the festival for supplies? Don't fancy much carrying beers and food all over the UK/Eurostar/Belgium along with our tents!

- is it worth going on the Wednesday and using the Hive campsite rather than regular camping? I'm attempting to convince my mates to do that as its no difference in price but to no avail.

 

Lineup looks really good this year would be great to finally be able to see PJ again - last time was at Reading something like 15 years ago!

I think their is an answer to the shops post a view posts up. Shops in Leuven (shuttle bus) or nearby village.

If your mates like football I would suggest buying Hive tickets, since the games are broadcasted there and you won't be able to get in without a Hive ticket. Otherwise it's a question of what you like. Hive has parties and a shower system, but is massive. Also might be an advantage to arrive on Wednesday if you don't want to miss out on Fontaines D.C.. No waiting in line on Thursday and time to set up your camp and do some shopping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

Seems this time last year the final names for RW were announced.

Can we expect more names this week or could we be kept waiting a little longer?

I think it depends on Pukkelpop. I kind of expected the first (!) names for Pukkelpop last week or at least this week... but they are very silent again. If they remain silent, I reckon we have a chance we'll get the final names (and timetable?) this friday. I can imagine they want to have the final poster for advertising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mungo57 said:

If any of these questions have been asked before then I apologise - myself and some friends have decided to go to Werchter this year as we didn't get Glasto tickets. I see that some of you have been before so I figured you may know :)

- is there a shop/supermarket in the vicinity of the festival for supplies? Don't fancy much carrying beers and food all over the UK/Eurostar/Belgium along with our tents!

- is it worth going on the Wednesday and using the Hive campsite rather than regular camping? I'm attempting to convince my mates to do that as its no difference in price but to no avail.

 

Lineup looks really good this year would be great to finally be able to see PJ again - last time was at Reading something like 15 years ago!

I've gone over on the Eurostar from London a few years in a row now, It's pretty straight-forward. You can stock up on beer in Leuvan (the town you get to before you go to the festival). It can get very hot at the festival though so buying cold beer in the tents or going back into Leuvan during the day is a good option too. It takes about two hours to get from the festival to the town and back.

Keep an eye on the weather before you go through, if it looks like it's going to be sunny, bring something you can setup for shade. It gets hot.

Yes, it is worth going to The Hive on Wednesday night, the dance tent is really good that night and everyone is hyper to be there. Depends if you like trashy pop / dance music. The Hive Resort upgrade is well worth the price for camping if you want to splurge a bit.

It's overall a much calmer festival than the likes of Glastonbury - still lots of drinking and dancing. But most people head to bed by 3ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone had any hope left for the Foos, they announced a big gig in the USA on July 4th so I think we can definitely rule them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ronan said:

I've gone over on the Eurostar from London a few years in a row now, It's pretty straight-forward. You can stock up on beer in Leuvan (the town you get to before you go to the festival). It can get very hot at the festival though so buying cold beer in the tents or going back into Leuvan during the day is a good option too. It takes about two hours to get from the festival to the town and back.

Keep an eye on the weather before you go through, if it looks like it's going to be sunny, bring something you can setup for shade. It gets hot.

Yes, it is worth going to The Hive on Wednesday night, the dance tent is really good that night and everyone is hyper to be there. Depends if you like trashy pop / dance music. The Hive Resort upgrade is well worth the price for camping if you want to splurge a bit.

It's overall a much calmer festival than the likes of Glastonbury - still lots of drinking and dancing. But most people head to bed by 3ish.

Would you say there's a lot of people smoking there (not cigarettes of course)? The only festival I've been to where you get any sort of funny looks is Download and that tends to be because there's so many families there that we tend not to smoke in the arena areas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Would you say there's a lot of people smoking there (not cigarettes of course)? The only festival I've been to where you get any sort of funny looks is Download and that tends to be because there's so many families there that we tend not to smoke in the arena areas. 

In my experience there's very little smoking. Not zero, but compared to others it's much more of a beers in the sunshine kinda vibe.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Would you say there's a lot of people smoking there (not cigarettes of course)? The only festival I've been to where you get any sort of funny looks is Download and that tends to be because there's so many families there that we tend not to smoke in the arena areas. 

Not really in the arena, a bit in the hive, you'll also likely have no luck buying any drugs in the campsite/arena as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any thoughts on if/how RW might be disrupted by anti-Coronavirus measures? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SDNL said:

Any thoughts on if/how RW might be disrupted by anti-Coronavirus measures? 

Not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How big is Genesis in Belgium ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

How big is Genesis in Belgium ?

Genesis who did a one-off reunion tour in 2007? 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Genesis who did a one-off reunion tour in 2007? 🤣

Genesis who could announce reunion tomorrow... Without Peter. Phil, Tony and Mike; Likely announcement on BBC2 tomorrow

Edited by Tremousse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tremousse said:

Genesis who could announce reunion tomorrow...

As a Phil Collins fan I admire your optimism! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

As a Phil Collins fan I admire your optimism! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

 

There's literally nothing to indicate it's gonna be Genesis other than a handful of baseless rumours (which have gone around every year for the last 10 years) but again, I admire the optimism and hope it's true, I'd catch them in the UK for sure 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

There's literally nothing to indicate it's gonna be Genesis other than a handful of baseless rumours (which have gone around every year for the last 10 years) but again, I admire the optimism and hope it's true, I'd catch them in the UK for sure 

Good to know, I don't know much about them! (my GF is a fan, so I hope she won't be disappointed :p )

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 10:44 PM, xydroh said:

Think An upgrade to vorst is more likely. Maybe a replacement on graspop if someone bails

I will sell my ticket if they "upgrade" to Vorst. Worst sound ever. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...