South Park 1/2 & Campsite Photos

cb4747

I hesitate to post this, but what the hell. 

This video shows the aftermath of the festival in 2016. It was taken to show the amount of camping waste left behind by the seemingly non caring Glasto go-ers. 

It was taken in South Park 1 and Rig’s field (blue circle below) and therefore fits your requirement. 

Sound ON for me moaning over the mess.

Sound OFF for the just the mess. 

It’s a tough choice......

03D1C813-2CF9-474C-B108-DA0D67BED63E.jpeg.6ccb7a5f45f0b235dc5d46e18f6ce3fe.jpeg

Edited by ian the worm

1 hour ago, ian the worm said:

This video shows the aftermath of the festival in 2016. It was taken to show the amount of camping waste left behind by the seemingly non caring Glasto go-ers. 

It was taken in South Park 1 and Rig’s field (blue circle below) and therefore fits your requirement. 

we’re looking at sp2. 

That video made me so sad

25 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

we’re looking at sp2. 

That video made me so sad

SP2 is lovely from what I’ve seen. It’s actually my field too, although I’m on the crew side of the herris dividing fence.

It doesn’t look too rammed or too noisy. 

That video is not reflective of South Park, it was like that EVERYWHERE.

In fact, South Park was one of the better ones. It only got video’d as it was my nearest field. 

10 hours ago, ian the worm said:

SP2 is lovely from what I’ve seen. It’s actually my field too, although I’m on the crew side of the herris dividing fence.

It doesn’t look too rammed or too noisy. 

That video is not reflective of South Park, it was like that EVERYWHERE.

In fact, South Park was one of the better ones. It only got video’d as it was my nearest field. 

This was rivermead at 11am on the Monday of 2016

Not to bad compared with most of the other areas. 

IMG_20190608_232913.jpg

17 hours ago, Stanton said:

This was rivermead at 11am on the Monday of 2016

Not to bad compared with most of the other areas. 

IMG_20190608_232913.jpg

That's pristine compared to most fields. I should have taken a picture of Paines last time it was bloody disgraceful.

Never considered camping in SP 2. Location looks good I'll be arriving at gate D may rethink my camping location for this year.

11 hours ago, bluesmith said:

How does South Park fare in bad weather? 

Not too bad actually.  Being uphill helps so even in 2016 the ground was soggy but now where near as bad as elsewhere on site.  If you're camped at the top of South Park, it can be a slog but definitely manageable 

On 6/8/2019 at 11:38 AM, ian the worm said:

The video should be compulsory viewing when you order a ticket. 

It melts my brain that anyone in this day and age could leave a field like that. 

Its a real problem with society today and something which needs to change.

south park 1 & 2 are usually one of the last places to fill up. it;s nice it is on a hill but the hill starts really at the back of the field. baileys field is also nice you pass though that on the way to south park from gate d . We camp there as you don;t get a  lot of people passing by . only people on their way to the camper van field as the gate is at the end. there are compost toilets close by. no bangy toilets really. it is a walk. I know you don;t mid that and neither do we. 

it is also good as we camp just behind cinema geddon, they have a good cafe there so you can get a brew and a bacon butty 

48 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

south park 1 & 2 are usually one of the last places to fill up. it;s nice it is on a hill but the hill starts really at the back of the field. baileys field is also nice you pass though that on the way to south park from gate d . We camp there as you don;t get a  lot of people passing by . only people on their way to the camper van field as the gate is at the end. there are compost toilets close by. no bangy toilets really. it is a walk. I know you don;t mid that and neither do we. 

it is also good as we camp just behind cinema geddon, they have a good cafe there so you can get a brew and a bacon butty 

woohoo, see you there!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, shuttlep said:

There was also a place that did Pulled pork on chips. Glorious. I hope it's back this year. I'm pretty sure i gave them enough business myself to make it viable

On 6/8/2019 at 11:38 AM, ian the worm said:

That first frame is the tent of the people camped next to us that year. (See clean patch next door) We did actually take one of their tents (and cleared the rubbish) which we still use. We would have done more but we were absolutely done in, and the car was full to capacity

Edited by Sweet_pea

On 6/8/2019 at 10:07 AM, cb4747 said:

Does anyone have photos of South Park 2? 

I did try and do a search but it doesn’t seem to be very mobile friendly! 

Apart from 2013, when I camped in Pennards, I have camped in South Park 1 every year. I love it. Always friendly, not too muddy in a muddy year. Generally plenty of space, not too raucous and I love that walk back in the early hours as the day starts to break again.

I'm worried we are not going to get a decent space this year as we are arriving on Thursday. Fingers crossed!

10 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Does anyone know if there is pedestrian access to The Park from SP2 on the route crudely illustrated below? Not sure whether this means authorised vehicles only or alongside pedestrians.

Going to camp in the SW corner for the first time this year.

E446D5B9-9653-4392-ADA1-E41065991F28.jpeg

Historically, there has been no public access there. We've always had to go down past Arcadia and through the bottom entrance of the park

1 minute ago, Sweet_pea said:

Historically, there has been no public access there. We've always had to go down past Arcadia and through the bottom entrance of the park

Ta - that makes sense. Don’t remember seeing any access from that side of The Park stage...but having never camped beyond there never investigated too much ?

Our group is veering towards camping in Bailey’s - maybe a bit quieter than Paines, and we don’t mind a walk back in the early hours!

On 6/8/2019 at 10:07 AM, cb4747 said:

Does anyone have photos of South Park 2? 

I did try and do a search but it doesn’t seem to be very mobile friendly! 

This is the very top of SP2.  Camped there for a few festivals now.  Spaces all the way through the festival, so you'd be fine arriving Weds afternoon. The bottom of the field fills up first.  I love camping at the top of the field because of the view across the festival - especially at night.  But it is on a slope and that means you slide down your airbed during the night.  Water carriers also have a tendency to try to escape from tent porch!!   

South Park 2.jpg

6 hours ago, warriormonk said:

This is the very top of SP2.  Camped there for a few festivals now.  Spaces all the way through the festival, so you'd be fine arriving Weds afternoon. The bottom of the field fills up first.  I love camping at the top of the field because of the view across the festival - especially at night.  But it is on a slope and that means you slide down your airbed during the night.  Water carriers also have a tendency to try to escape from tent porch!!   

South Park 2.jpg

Thank you for sharing! I think we may have found our spot. Is it close to the park? We haven’t got many acts we’ve decided to see on the ‘mainer’ stages, we will mostly be at the park this year! And the naughty corner!

5 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Thank you for sharing! I think we may have found our spot. Is it close to the park? We haven’t got many acts we’ve decided to see on the ‘mainer’ stages, we will mostly be at the park this year! And the naughty corner!

As long as you're not in my spot hehe ;-)  Yes the Park is the other side of crew camping, so you have to walk through Paines, but it's not that far really.