Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I agree with Martin, no way they stop the sells for more than a few days. certainly not till the 20th.

I go with the 8th

The psychology of restricting something makes it seem more desirable so it's a good marketing strategy.

Can't imagine there are people who flip to another festival just because there is a short hiatus on ticket sales. If they're that impatient they will already have bought tickets by the 8th.

2 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Honest question: why would they drop the lineup the same day they're stopping ticket sales? 

Exactly. They wouldn't actually sell any relevant number of tickets anyways. If they raise the price on the 8th with no line up, noones gonna by tickets either way. Sales suspended or not, it just doesn't make any sense to buy tickets then. So they might as well suspend sales to build excitement.

2 minutes ago, James96 said:

If they're confident with the line up I'm sure taking ticket sales away for two weeks won't cause too many issues. I reckon it's the 20th, hence the two ??, if it was the 8th it'd just be one?

Releasing the 2020, 20th anniversary line up on the 20th day of 2020 at 20:20 seems like a primavera thing to do. 

Edited by Quadrophobia

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Releasing the 2020, 20th anniversary line up on the 20th day of 2020 at 20:20 seems like a primavera thing to do. 

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. 

If we know one thing about them it's that they love a gimmick.

Edit: and the question marks they used on their dates and times on their message today pointed towards it being significant. 

Edited by xxialac

4 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

The Coachella lineup will drop this week or the beginning of next week, maybe they need to wait for that before they can announce their lineup, especially if Coachella has exclusivity on being the first festival to announce an artist - I'm thinking Frank Ocean for example. 

We had that exact discussion a couple pages back. I think its reasonable to believe that a Coachella act has delayed the line up release to January. However, it does not necessarily mean that the Primavera line up will follow directly after the Coachella announcement. They might as well wait for the slow first half of January in the European Festival market to pass and then be the center of attention once again.

Edited by Quadrophobia

3 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

with every twist and turn, if i get mildly irritated i just try and remember my ticket is bought and paid for and sun, beaches, ridiculous hangovers and Pavement. that really helps. 

Ditto, buddy. 

I'm with you on mild irritation but don't understand the righteous anger of the facebook mob. How dare Primavera release its own line up in January for a June festival as they do almost every year (and, cough, it's perfectly ok for Coachella and Glastonbury to have much shorter periods when they announce)...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Edit: and the question marks they used on their dates and times on their message today pointed towards it being significant. 

way too many marks on the month though... I think they've putted a lot so you want be able to guess from it- 5 means January, 6 means February, they've putted 7. So I wouldn't count on it for the day as well

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

way too many marks on the month though... I think they've putted a lot so you want be able to guess from it- 5 means January, 6 means February, they've putted 7. So I wouldn't count on it for the day as well

I thought it was potentially odd to put question marks on the time of day, which you wouldn't normally do (but you would do if it was significant)

And 1st, 2nd and 3rd February are ruled out!

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I thought it was potentially odd to put question marks on the time of day, which you wouldn't normally do (but you would do if it was significant)

And 1st, 2nd and 3rd February are ruled out!

20:20 as the time makes sense regardless to the date (but then again, they could just say it now).

in any case, I think we put much more thought into it than they did... they probably just thought it was cool to put many question marks and mess with our heads

15 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

20:20 as the time makes sense regardless to the date (but then again, they could just say it now).

in any case, I think we put much more thought into it than they did... they probably just thought it was cool to put many question marks and mess with our heads

Starting a campaign for #nononsenseprimavera2021 where they show us a picture of the rockets, the crying video reaction people and the video game developers locked in a vault and Gabi flipping the bird at them, together with a message that we are getting the poster the next day.  Next day = poster. 

Edited by xxialac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, riseupandkill said:

with every twist and turn, if i get mildly irritated i just try and remember my ticket is bought and paid for and sun, beaches, ridiculous hangovers and Pavement. that really helps. 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Ditto, buddy. 

I'm with you on mild irritation but don't understand the righteous anger of the facebook mob. How dare Primavera release its own line up in January for a June festival as they do almost every year (and, cough, it's perfectly ok for Coachella and Glastonbury to have much shorter periods when they announce)...

I'm with you two.

Also the "Facebook mob" can sod right off. They'll just whinge about the headliners, while not even looking at the other 200 odd acts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

For the sake of 15 euros, is it even worth getting tickets before the lineup release? How easy will it be to return/resell the ticket if the lineup doesn't appeal? Assuming I'm getting it from Dice

Usually can't return tickets on DICE until it has sold out. You can transfer tickets to someone else at any point though (just need their mobile no.) so you should be alright selling through Twickets. 

I doubt you will need to bother though as the lineup is gonna bang 😋

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There's not much overlap between Bonnaroo and Primavera.

Not much, but I do recall both festivals sharing  LCD, Tame Impala, The xx, Solange among others in recent years. Even though PS and Roo aren't going to share dozens of acts, they might be waiting for a big one. 

Seems like the Coachella line up is coming out in the next day or two.

Do people really think that Frank Ocean is likely to play Primavera Sound, considering his very last minute cancellation a few years ago? Gabi seems to hold quite a large grudge against other acts who have cancelled. I'd love to see Frank on the line up but I'd be a little surprised to Gabi book him, especially as he recently said he and Migos (another cancellation) will never ''work'' together and said he wouldn't book them in the future.

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

Seems like the Coachella line up is coming out in the next day or two.

Do people really think that Frank Ocean is likely to play Primavera Sound, considering his very last minute cancellation a few years ago? Gabi seems to hold quite a large grudge against other acts who have cancelled. I'd love to see Frank on the line up but I'd be a little surprised to Gabi book him, especially as he recently said he and Migos (another cancellation) will never ''work'' together and said he wouldn't book them in the future.

Gabi knew Frank is headlining Coachella, I presume some kind of talks happened with Frank's team for Gabi to know that.