Excitement levels dangerously high

MetaKate

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Meet you by the Glade mate, can;t wait. You doing Hot Chip or Chems? I am torn over it.

Same, still. It’s the quandary of the festival. 

My excitement levels are akin to the dogs you see in those videos on YouTube where their owner has been away for ages (usually in the army) and they absolutely lose their shit. Man, I love dogs almost as much as I love the G (but not quite). 

6 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Same, still. It’s the quandary of the festival. 

My excitement levels are akin to the dogs you see in those videos on YouTube where their owner has been away for ages (usually in the army) and they absolutely lose their shit. Man, I love dogs almost as much as I love the G (but not quite). 

I should watch the Chems really as I have not seen them live for 20 odd years and I will be seeing Hot Chip at least 3 times this year.

The problem is that we all know Hot Chip will be amazing. I am going to go with the general consensus withing our crew I think.

Just now, eastynh said:

I should watch the Chems really as I have not seen them live for 20 odd years and I will be seeing Hot Chip at least 3 times this year.

The problem is that we all know Hot Chip will be amazing. I am going to go with the general consensus withing our crew I think.

Hot Chip are my numero uno. But I’ll see them at APE and hopefully in October on the tour. My friends will want to watch Chems. But a Park headliner! The last one I saw was Cansei de ser Sexy in 2008! Arghhh. 

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Im in the opposite boat. I had decided to do chems and now they're headling a different festival im attending.... the issue is that it wont be as epic as seeing them at G. 

1 minute ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Hot Chip are my numero uno. But I’ll see them at APE and hopefully in October on the tour. My friends will want to watch Chems. But a Park headliner! The last one I saw was Cansei de ser Sexy in 2008! Arghhh. 

I will see you at the Park then for Hot Chip ?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Im in the opposite boat. I had decided to do chems and now they're headling a different festival im attending.... the issue is that it wont be as epic as seeing them at G. 

I have no problems seeing the same band a few times every year. I never get bored of it and always enjoy myself, Last few years though, I have made a conscious effort to see bands I have never seen before or heard of, at festivals.

You can't go wrong with either the Chems or Hot Chip, both will be amazing.

Edited by eastynh

Well I was coping quite well with not having tickets, until I drove past the site today. The deliveries signs are out and there was a few vehicles going in to the site as I went past. I think the only reason I’m not in pieces is I’m spending 3 1/2 weeks in Peru from the beginning of June. That trip is diverting my attention away from not going to G. For now anyway.

Got tickets in the Sunday resale so the usual 8 months of excitement and anticipation is now squeezed into 8 weeks. Have had a massive grin on my face since the booking was confirmed. We're going to Bearded Theory in a few weeks and to be honest I have hardly thought about it since last Sunday.

One of our Glasto Party has a ‘proper’ surveying drone he uses (in accordance with CAA rules and legislation, etc). He’s off to the farm tomorrow to see if he can get any footage. 

If he’s successful i’ll post it on here. 

He took some footage of Donnington Castle today just to show me what the drone can do. 

(Geekily) Excited!

Today it really hit me. Lying by the beach on a short sunny holiday, reading an article about the guy from The Bodyguard tv show who likes his Glastonbury. And it said something about it being next month. 

Oh yes. I am ready.