No longer 'allowed' to go

Chrisp1986

14 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Has any mormon husband ever been murdered during this birthing process?

Ha - sadly not! I'll be honest, the whole system does seem to be somewhat frustratingly biased in favour of the male gender (especially the older ones who want to sleep with young women).

4 hours ago, Homer said:

I hadn't realised grandparents being at the birth was such a big thing!

You obviously don't know my wife. As soon as they were in the labor-ward she was there and wanted to turn up every visiting time and it hasn't got any better since then.

I have to suffer "envious grandmother syndrome" as the daughter-in-law's mother lives nearer and gets to see the first grandchild nearly every day and were lucky to see her once a week.

A week at Glastonbury away from all this Grandparent one-upmanship will be lovely....

They can always facetime me!

Edited by Penrhos

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Sensible so far. Is there a sensible explanation of placenta butties with hummus, or are we skipping that part?

Sorry @Quark. I find the closer the festival gets, the more excited I become, and the more irrational my posts become. In other words it's only going to get worse 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Sensible so far. Is there a sensible explanation of placenta butties with hummus, or are we skipping that part?

Years ago there was a horrific c4 programme about a woman who invited her neighbour round to eat her placenta for tea--gross! 

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

@Homerhas gained a golden ticket, seemingly in exchange for selling his self-restraint!

@stuartbert two hatsis just egging him on.

I resent that: I never had any self-restraint!

(True story: yesterday I contemplated starting a new thread debating which is better, Wednesday or Sunday, just to get that debacle from two years ago going again.)

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Definitely Wednesday. Poll?

Yeah, but the OP was debating actually whether to do Weds to Sun or Thurs to Mon. So what a lot of people failed to understand was that the tiredness factor they were stating was irrelev...

On never mind...

2 hours ago, Penrhos said:

You obviously don't know my wife. As soon as they were in the labor-ward she was there and wanted to turn up every visiting time and it hasn't got any better since then.

I have to suffer "envious grandmother syndrome" as the daughter-in-law's mother lives nearer and gets to see the first grandchild nearly every day and were lucky to see her once a week.

A week at Glastonbury away from all this Grandparent one-upmanship will be lovely....

They can always facetime me!

Buy a Glastonbury babygrow or little t shirt - thats grandparent points in my eyes

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

Take it you had no joy on Sunday pal?

15 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Don't. Even. Go. There.

13 minutes ago, Homer said:

Sadly not. So if you need proof  that karma is bullshit...

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Well that sucks :(

As close and as stressful as a Liverpool title challenge. Thanks for the help and empathy my mates. Xx