6 music festival and getting hyped for the big G

stuartbert two hats

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

Watching the IDLES set on iplayer now, they don't need any bigging up round here like but it's worth a go.

Wasn’t going to bother with it but gave in and they looked superb. Didn’t want to spoil myself for Wednesday but more hyped up for it now. 

10 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Listening to Jonny Hophop at the moment and really enjoying the tweaks to Open Eye Signal. He's bound to be involved in a catastrophic clash though though!

Next up Hot Chip - might get to hear a new song or two.

Did they really only give him 30mins at the actual thing? Cause that’s how long his set is on iPlayer.

12 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Listening to Jonny Hophop at the moment and really enjoying the tweaks to Open Eye Signal. He's bound to be involved in a catastrophic clash though though!

Next up Hot Chip - might get to hear a new song or two.

He's my first clash if he's up against Hot Chip in June.

Edited by carlosj

8 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Wasn’t going to bother with it but gave in and they looked superb. Didn’t want to spoil myself for Wednesday but more hyped up for it now. 

Ooooh you're in for a treat :D

Still buzzing from Friday night

1 minute ago, carlosj said:

He's my first clash of he's up against Hot Chip in June.

Same. I'm assuming that he'll be headlining the JP tent which is just that little bit too far to realistically catch a decent chunk of both sets.

As much as I loved Hot Chip the last time they were there, Jon Hopkins is at the top of my must see list this year

7 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Same. I'm assuming that he'll be headlining the JP tent which is just that little bit too far to realistically catch a decent chunk of both sets.

As much as I loved Hot Chip the last time they were there, Jon Hopkins is at the top of my must see list this year

I'd rather see him headline W Holts, which might leave some room for seeing both if there's not too much overlap.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Oh :(  I've not been keeping up with the stage positioning.

On the other hand JPT has the same soundsystem as W Holts :D 

Really?  well that makes up for it being in an awkward place.

Though nothing has been confirmed regarding what stage JH will be on, so there's always the slim chance that he'll be doing something with the new Arcadia.  I just hope that he isn't in Silver Hayes, of all the places in Glastonbury, it's my least loved.

6 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Really?  well that makes up for it being in an awkward place.

Though nothing has been confirmed regarding what stage JH will be on, so there's always the slim chance that he'll be doing something with the new Arcadia.  I just hope that he isn't in Silver Hayes, of all the places in Glastonbury, it's my least loved.

Yep, the Martin Audio MLA Compact, the mini version of the Pyramid setup, also used in Genosys.  Much more tech info here: https://www.tpimagazine.com/glastonbury-2016-the-highlights/

And here: https://rgjones.co.uk/docs/latest-news/EVpEZZukZpYwvEesIS.shtml

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Added extra link

I've only seen a few bits so far (apart from Mik at the Fringe), The Good, The Bad & The Queen were enjoyable enough, Damon said his voice had gone but it didn't seem that much worse than normal. I thought I might like Hot Chip as I do like the one song of theirs that I'd previously heard but I thought they were dreadful.  Must check out Idles later.